• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Lifetime Free Under Alumni Program : Full Details And Application Link

I'm from IIT Madras. I have used 0030 link only. For uploading, I used my college ID card. Told that salary is more than 20 lakhs. Holds an APay card of 5.3 lakhs. Still rejected.
You should use Degree Certificate. I don't know anyone from this forum used college ID card and card approved (I may be wrong). In my case agent told me not to upload ID card.

Yes I know, actually that issue has been going on for a while. I do vaguely remember there being few other threads where this was mentioned.

But the BOGO thing is a real deal breaker though (if true) it's the same bin as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also for those interested CL given was 3L (Highest reported in cibil is 5.05L) no relationship except for seven month old Amazon Pay Card (50k limit)

Important points:
I see lot of issues with the variant of the card being offered. Even though I was approved for Sapphiro Dual (Amex + MC), on my net banking it shows Coral Visa Platinum Card. I have already shared my frustration in the above threads earlier :ROFLMAO:
Since yesterday I have been following up with customer care and the person who took my whole application and here are the points which were told to me by the bank by various people:

1.) Since its under special alumni program - I should definitely get LTF Sapphiro.

2.)If the card is shown as coral on net banking, then it maybe 90-95% due to some error and that the actual physical card should be Sapphiro and not what is shown by mistake on the net banking website.

3.) The bank people seem to be a bit confused and they are treating card networks such as Visa, MC and AMEX as all under an umbrella term - VISA which is blank stupidity.

4.) I got it confirmed from 2 people from customer care over call who are processing applications for this alumni program that we will get 2 separate cards- Sapphiro MC and Sapphiro AMEX.

5.) Couple of people on TF said that sometimes wrong card is displayed on net banking and we should wait for the actual delivery - So I am hoping to get 2 individual cards delivered, one Sapphiro AMEX and Sapphro MC.

6.) Try reaching out by applying on the same program again by different mobile number and when an agent calls you to process your application, tell them about your earlier applied application and the issues you are facing.

7.) I checked the BIN of the card issued to me virtually and checked it with BookMyShow website under offers section and it kind of matches with the BIN of Sapphiro which is 450172 - So there's still hope!

8.) I checked all the BINs on BMS website with my BIN 45017216 and there is no movie offer on this series BIN as I was expecting 500rs off/cashback twice a month on tickets booking. So this may mean that even if you have Sapphiro issued, that card wont have this BMS offer which sadly was a great offer and kind of made this card lucrative.

9.)I have tried all avenues for raising these issues with the bank - customer care call, email, tweet, contacting the agent who processed my application, applied from a new number and spoke to that agent also about my earlier application.

10) Actually it seems no income criteria is there. Doesnt matter even if the salary is below 20lakh annually, they will ask u to tell that its above 20LPA when we are asked about it in vKYC.

11.) Also there is some special spend based offer of 500 cashback or something for first transaction that my sister was told when she applied for the same alumni program. So pls ask your agent about it. I myself wasnt told about it and I coudlnt get much info about this offer on card.

Now after so much jhamela, just waiting to get further info tomorrow. But as of now all the bank employees told me that I should be getting Sapphiro 2 separate cards only! No involvement of crappy Coral CORAL credit card.

Also, was anyone's agent named STELLA?

My longest post on TF yet!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Important points:
I see lot of issues with the variant of the card being offered. Even though I was approved for Sapphiro Dual (Amex + MC), on my net banking it shows Coral Visa Platinum Card. I have already shared my frustration in the above threads earlier :ROFLMAO:
Since yesterday I have been following up with customer care and the person who took my whole application and here are the points which were told to me by the bank by various people:

1.) Since its under special alumni program - I should definitely get LTF Sapphiro.

2.)If the card is shown as coral on net banking, then it maybe 90-95% due to some error and that the actual physical card should be Sapphiro and not what is shown by mistake on the net banking website.

3.) The bank people seem to be a bit confused and they are treating card networks such as Visa, MC and AMEX as all under an umbrella term - VISA which is blank stupidity.

4.) I got it confirmed from 2 people from customer care over call who are processing applications for this alumni program that we will get 2 separate cards- Sapphiro MC and Sapphiro AMEX.

5.) Couple of people on TF said that sometimes wrong card is displayed on net banking and we should wait for the actual delivery - So I am hoping to get 2 individual cards delivered, one Sapphiro AMEX and Sapphro MC.

6.) Try reaching out by applying on the same program again by different mobile number and when an agent calls you to process your application, tell them about your earlier applied application and the issues you are facing.

7.) I checked the BIN of the card issued to me virtually and checked it with BookMyShow website under offers section and it kind of matches with the BIN of Sapphiro which is 450172 - So there's still hope!

8.) I checked all the BINs on BMS website with my BIN 45017216 and there is no movie offer on this series BIN as I was expecting 500rs off/cashback twice a month on tickets booking. So this may mean that even if you have Sapphiro issued, that card wont have this BMS offer which sadly was a great offer and kind of made this card lucrative.

9.)I have tried all avenues for raising these issues with the bank - customer care call, email, tweet, contacting the agent who processed my application, applied from a new number and spoke to that agent also about my earlier application.

10) Actually it seems no income criteria is there. Doesnt matter even if the salary is below 20lakh annually, they will ask u to tell that its above 20LPA when we are asked about it in vKYC.
11.) Also there is some special spend based offer of 500 cashback or something for first transaction that my sister was told when she applied for the same alumni program. So pls ask your agent about it. I myself wasnt told about it and I coudlnt get much info about this offer on card.

Now after so much jhamela, just waiting to get further info tomorrow. But as of now all the bank employees told me that I should be getting Sapphiro 2 separate cards only! No involvement of crappy Coral CORAL credit card.

Also, was anyone's agent named STELLA?

My longest post on TF yet!:ROFLMAO:
Thanks for taking your time to write this. It'll be helpful for many of us.
Hopefully BMS offer works, which is one of the main reasons I opted for this (best reason is obviously because it's a "high end" LTF card)

Thanks for taking your time to write this. It'll be helpful for many of us.
Hopefully BMS offer works, which is one of the main reasons I opted for this (best reason is obviously because it's a "high end" LTF card)
Actually I feel this is a very stupid card if you have to pay a hefty 6.5K + gst fee in todays market. The only reason why i chose this card is because its kind of special to be associated with an esteemed institute, has amazing BMS offer, kind of feels premium even though this card is stupid (if LTF then why not!), international lounge.

Most welcome! I am sure lot of people have queries about these issues and so I thought to pin it down in a single post.

Back