• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Lifetime Free Under Alumni Program : Full Details And Application Link

Yes I know, actually that issue has been going on for a while. I do vaguely remember there being few other threads where this was mentioned.

But the BOGO thing is a real deal breaker though (if true) it's the same bin as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also for those interested CL given was 3L (Highest reported in cibil is 5.05L) no relationship except for seven month old Amazon Pay Card (50k limit)
Important points:
I see lot of issues with the variant of the card being offered. Even though I was approved for Sapphiro Dual (Amex + MC), on my net banking it shows Coral Visa Platinum Card. I have already shared my frustration in the above threads earlier :ROFLMAO:
Since yesterday I have been following up with customer care and the person who took my whole application and here are the points which were told to me by the bank by various people:

1.) Since its under special alumni program - I should definitely get LTF Sapphiro.

2.)If the card is shown as coral on net banking, then it maybe 90-95% due to some error and that the actual physical card should be Sapphiro and not what is shown by mistake on the net banking website.

3.) The bank people seem to be a bit confused and they are treating card networks such as Visa, MC and AMEX as all under an umbrella term - VISA which is blank stupidity.

4.) I got it confirmed from 2 people from customer care over call who are processing applications for this alumni program that we will get 2 separate cards- Sapphiro MC and Sapphiro AMEX.

5.) Couple of people on TF said that sometimes wrong card is displayed on net banking and we should wait for the actual delivery - So I am hoping to get 2 individual cards delivered, one Sapphiro AMEX and Sapphro MC.

6.) Try reaching out by applying on the same program again by different mobile number and when an agent calls you to process your application, tell them about your earlier applied application and the issues you are facing.

7.) I checked the BIN of the card issued to me virtually and checked it with BookMyShow website under offers section and it kind of matches with the BIN of Sapphiro which is 450172 - So there's still hope!

8.) I checked all the BINs on BMS website with my BIN 45017216 and there is no movie offer on this series BIN as I was expecting 500rs off/cashback twice a month on tickets booking. So this may mean that even if you have Sapphiro issued, that card wont have this BMS offer which sadly was a great offer and kind of made this card lucrative.

9.)I have tried all avenues for raising these issues with the bank - customer care call, email, tweet, contacting the agent who processed my application, applied from a new number and spoke to that agent also about my earlier application.

10) Actually it seems no income criteria is there. Doesnt matter even if the salary is below 20lakh annually, they will ask u to tell that its above 20LPA when we are asked about it in vKYC.
11.) Also there is some special spend based offer of 500 cashback or something for first transaction that my sister was told when she applied for the same alumni program. So pls ask your agent about it. I myself wasnt told about it and I coudlnt get much info about this offer on card.

Now after so much jhamela, just waiting to get further info tomorrow. But as of now all the bank employees told me that I should be getting Sapphiro 2 separate cards only! No involvement of crappy Coral CORAL credit card.

Also, was anyone's agent named STELLA?

My longest post on TF yet!:ROFLMAO:
Can you dm number of the agent who processed your application? I applied on saturday but haven't recieved any call from ICICI.

Can you dm number of the agent who processed your application? I applied on saturday but haven't recieved any call from ICICI.
Bro I dont have her number. It just so happened that my sister also got a call from my agent only coincidentally and I was lucky enough to talk to the same person who processed my application. If I had, I definitely would have shared. She will get back to me tomorrow.

Important points:
I see lot of issues with the variant of the card being offered. Even though I was approved for Sapphiro Dual (Amex + MC), on my net banking it shows Coral Visa Platinum Card. I have already shared my frustration in the above threads earlier :ROFLMAO:
Since yesterday I have been following up with customer care and the person who took my whole application and here are the points which were told to me by the bank by various people:

1.) Since its under special alumni program - I should definitely get LTF Sapphiro.

2.)If the card is shown as coral on net banking, then it maybe 90-95% due to some error and that the actual physical card should be Sapphiro and not what is shown by mistake on the net banking website.

3.) The bank people seem to be a bit confused and they are treating card networks such as Visa, MC and AMEX as all under an umbrella term - VISA which is blank stupidity.

4.) I got it confirmed from 2 people from customer care over call who are processing applications for this alumni program that we will get 2 separate cards- Sapphiro MC and Sapphiro AMEX.

5.) Couple of people on TF said that sometimes wrong card is displayed on net banking and we should wait for the actual delivery - So I am hoping to get 2 individual cards delivered, one Sapphiro AMEX and Sapphro MC.

6.) Try reaching out by applying on the same program again by different mobile number and when an agent calls you to process your application, tell them about your earlier applied application and the issues you are facing.

7.) I checked the BIN of the card issued to me virtually and checked it with BookMyShow website under offers section and it kind of matches with the BIN of Sapphiro which is 450172 - So there's still hope!

8.) I checked all the BINs on BMS website with my BIN 45017216 and there is no movie offer on this series BIN as I was expecting 500rs off/cashback twice a month on tickets booking. So this may mean that even if you have Sapphiro issued, that card wont have this BMS offer which sadly was a great offer and kind of made this card lucrative.

9.)I have tried all avenues for raising these issues with the bank - customer care call, email, tweet, contacting the agent who processed my application, applied from a new number and spoke to that agent also about my earlier application.

10) Actually it seems no income criteria is there. Doesnt matter even if the salary is below 20lakh annually, they will ask u to tell that its above 20LPA when we are asked about it in vKYC.

11.) Also there is some special spend based offer of 500 cashback or something for first transaction that my sister was told when she applied for the same alumni program. So pls ask your agent about it. I myself wasnt told about it and I coudlnt get much info about this offer on card.

Now after so much jhamela, just waiting to get further info tomorrow. But as of now all the bank employees told me that I should be getting Sapphiro 2 separate cards only! No involvement of crappy Coral CORAL credit card.

Hey, I had small doubt. What's the benefit of having AMEX+MC vs VISA ? Do we get 2x no of international lounge visits due to 2 cards ? Can someone enlighten me on why people want dual one ?

Bro I dont have her number. It just so happened that my sister also got a call from my agent only coincidentally and I was lucky enough to talk to the same person who processed my application. If I had, I definitely would have shared. She will get back to me tomorrow.
Ohh. Still, thanks for the long write up. Clears a few important points.

Important points:

How did you contact the agent who processed your application?

Hey, I had small doubt. What's the benefit of having AMEX+MC vs VISA ? Do we get 2x no of international lounge visits due to 2 cards ? Can someone enlighten me on why people want dual one ?
Based on my understanding you'd get 2 separate cards, amex and mc variants. So every card specific offer can be used twice. And then Amex specific lounges can be accessed.

Based on my understanding you'd get 2 separate cards, amex and mc variants. So every card specific offer can be used twice. And then Amex specific lounges can be accessed.
Ohh can you detail me more about this AMEX specific lounge ? I'm fairly new to CCs.

Important points:

Thanks for clearing my doubt, her name is STELLA not SHEILA. She was also my agent

If our college is not in list (nit, some iits) Can we fill application via any institute link and then on call ask if our college is eligible? :)

In my case, my college was not in the list (even though NIRF ranking in top 10) and I filled up the form for institute 01. During the call, I mentioned the same to the agent, who told me that she needs to check with her superiors and will get back. She called back within 5 minutes and informed me that my institution shall also be considered. She noted down the name and website address of the institution before taking down all the details. During the call only I received the SMS for the VKYC and she remained online while I filled the details (KYC /degree certificate). Then VKYC happened on Monday and I am waiting for a response since then. My application was handled by one Ms. Neha who called from a 022 number.
Mine was also handled by Ms. Neha. And i did vkyc on Saturday and physical address verification on monday. Waiting for a response since then.

Mine was also handled by Ms. Neha. And i did vkyc on Saturday and physical address verification on monday. Waiting for a response since then.
Do you have any prior banking relationship with ICICI? This is the first time I am hearing of a physical verification for this card.

Back