• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Lifetime Free Under Alumni Program : Full Details And Application Link

I got a mail with the application details today.
Additionally, I got an SMS about a cooling period limit on the card.
at what stage are you guys getting email with filled application?

agent filled the application >> email otp verified >> AST sms sent >> vkyc completed >> got an SMS saying application is under process with an application ref number on monday >> got a call from a verification agent who spoke in local language asking for my office address and some other details on tuesday.

no updates after this. no followup SMS/email/tracking details.

agent filled the application >> email otp verified >> AST sms sent >> vkyc completed >> got an SMS saying application is under process with an application ref number on monday >> got a call from a verification agent who spoke in local language asking for my office address and some other details on tuesday.

I think it is different for different people, stages for me:

filled online lead>> Agent call and filled the application >> email otp verified >> AST sms sent >> vkyc completed >> no SMS or application pending updates>> Mail on Confirmation of your ICICI Bank Credit Card application & SMS.

No local verification or address verification

It is a Sapphiro Card. It is Visa Signature. Not Amex+MC as was promised or told during KYC. Till now it was showing as Coral Card on ICICI netbanking. Card no. is same as was in the portal just instead of Coral it is Sapphiro Card.

Limit given is same as my AmazonPay card.

So i believe all of us will receive the same variant.
For me they told it would be Visa "Platinum". So I went with Mc+Amex.

After vKYC completion

Last edited:
My card is also dispatched and just waiting to see which variant. Also quite
M

My application shows Amex+Master, yet to receive the card.
And the platform is absolutely Bank's decision, not up to the customer.
If we are applying for Amex+MC and have been approved for the same, how can it be bank's decision to give something else? By that logic bank can even give coral instead of Sapphiro

Received my card today. It's a visa signature sapphiro card like others mentioned.
BMS BOGO offer is mentioned on the benefits document that came with the card, but the card's bin number is not listed on BMS offers website. Hopefully we'll get the BOGO offer.
Thanks for the info! Hopefully they add the BMS offer soon because they have mentioned it clearly on the alumni campaigns page also.
Also theres some spend based offer on the first transaction. Can you please shed some light upon that?

I got a call today for verification of details - address, how long I have been staying, company, designation etc.

What is the next step for the process, will there be a physical address verification?

My card is also dispatched and just waiting to see which variant. Also quite

If we are applying for Amex+MC and have been approved for the same, how can it be bank's decision to give something else? By that logic bank can even give coral instead of Sapphiro

common practice these days by banks..

i know many guys who applied for regalia getting millennia/moneyback while delivery. if you don't like the variant, you have the option of not activating and as per RBI rule, they can't charge joining fee unless activated.

common practice these days by banks..

i know many guys who applied for regalia getting millennia/moneyback while delivery. if you don't like the variant, you have the option of not activating and as per RBI rule, they can't charge joining fee unless activated.
Change of variant is anyway not chargeable. You can request them for dual variant afterwards. They will let you keep the Visa variant as well.

Last edited:
So yeah I feel what you are saying clears all confusion. Thanks!
Means ICICI bank promised something and delivered something. Good thing is that while application, on the page which shows adhaar verification, it also mentions the variant AMEX Dual Sapphiro (MC + AMEX) of whose screenshot I took for future escalations incase I also get VISA variant.
I think we all can escalate this issue with them as I dont think even one guy on this platform got AMEX+MC dual variant of the card. Its blank lie what they assured and what they are giving. Its even unethical to issue some other variant even without our consent/approval.
Also they explicitly promised MC+AMex variant themselves numerous times.
how much is the benefit difference between mc/amex and visa?

I was wondering whether it is worth pursuing ICICI that takes weeks to resolve anything. could we have used the dual card for amex offers?

I am just happy that I have a sapphiro and not a coral, and I don't want ICICI to cancel that just because I complained that I didn't get the dual variant as promised

If card is approved they cannot cancel without your consent. Amex is used only for amex specific lounges other amex offers are not applicable on the card.

Amex variant had cashback upto 500 on first transaction offer once approved not sure if Visa one has it. Other than that no difference which I can recall.

Back