• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Lifetime Free Under Alumni Program : Full Details And Application Link

Same day for me. I think we picked the unlucky day, maybe they had some internal server errors that day and our applications got lost 🤣. I hold 2 icici credit cards too both I got within 5 days.
As far as I am concerned with this application, if they come back and complete the processing then is fine by me or else I feel that I have dodged a lot of headache over poor service 😅

It's not the matter of that, some banks have this issue with Samsung phones VKYC. It's related to drivers and camera software. This might affect even S23 Ultra. It's hit or miss.
Not sure if it's a phone specific thing, I use a samsung too but I was explicitly told to use chrome on mobile for the kyc

Not sure if it's a phone specific thing, I use a samsung too but I was explicitly told to use chrome on mobile for the kyc
Chrome is a battery hog so I avoid it entirely. Samsung browser is based on Chromium itself and has best performance at par with Safari. But yes some sites require Chrome but in that case I use Edge :D

Thanks for the clarification @suhasa!
Just curious on how will upgrading the APay in such scenario be different than a new card.
I understand in Axis, they will retain the old card if the reward platform of old & new card is different.

Reason for my intent on upgrading/swapping APay: I feel a bit difficult to manage large number of cards. Having multiple card of same bank might show as negative in CIBIL, without bringing much utility (APay is not usable for ICICI offers, and I already have SBI CB for 5% on Amazon shopping). Other regular spends are routed through Magnus.

Insights would be highly appreciated :)
Upgrading won't hit your cibil. Just contact ICICI Bank on Twitter and tell them you wish to upgrade to Sapphiro LTF or Platinum LTF. They will oblige. Thanks to @Chaitanya-a for this tip. It's good for ICICI instant discounts 10-12% which is far better than SBI CB card.

You can also apply separately anyway. And I don't think having multiple cards of same bank will have any bad impact on CIBIL or future loans. Others can comment on this better.

Upgrading won't hit your cibil. Just contact ICICI Bank on Twitter and tell them you wish to upgrade to Sapphiro LTF or Platinum LTF. They will oblige. Thanks to @Chaitanya-a for this tip. It's good for ICICI instant discounts 10-12% which is far better than SBI CB card.

You can also apply separately anyway. And I don't think having multiple cards of same bank will have any bad impact on CIBIL or future loans. Others can comment on this better.
Thanks for the explanation @suhasa010 .
Which card were you mentioning for 10-12% discount - Apay or Sapphiro?

And agree with you on CIBIL thing, it will not be that bad, compared to having an extra good card.
The impact on cibil is actually a two-way thing:
- During application of a new card, Enquiry hit will result in loss of 3-5 points
- If you are issued a card with an independent limit (which may or may not happen based on individual bank)....your total credit limit across all cards will increase, (and assuming that usage amount remains similar) and hence, utilization percentage will decrease....so, that will help in improvement of the scores.

And agree with you on CIBIL thing, it will not be that bad, compared to having an extra good card.
- During application of a new card, Enquiry hit will result in loss of 3-5 points
- If you are issued a card with an independent limit (which may or may not happen based on individual bank)....your total credit limit across all cards will increase, (and assuming that usage amount remains similar) and hence, utilization percentage will decrease....so, that will help in improvement of the scores.
I think he meant Sapphiro, in sale if there's ICICI offer then you would get instant 10%/12% which is better than 5% apay or sbi cb gives

• Lovely
Reactions: R@J

Sapphiro since ICICI Instant Discounts are not applicable on APay Card.

Reactions: R@J
So for current address what did you give as proof ? Also would it matter if I tell them that my current address is not listed anywhere in official documents but I have rent agreement as proof, everywhere it's same as my permanent address ?
No proof is asked.
Even if asked, I have Jio Postpaid Bill as a proof for ready reference.

Physical verification is of current address or permanent address? I guess it would be of current address, right?
Yes Yes, current address only. On which delivery of card will take place.
This is the second time ICICI is doing physical verification.

When I opened Wealth Account then also they physically verified my address.

I got visa variant.
despite me sending their customer care a screenshot of Amex/MC, they are giving generic responses like variant change is not possible and I should call them to put this request.
they are not acknowledging that they provided me with a different variant than what they showed in the application form.

1) can the customer care number 1800 1080 people make this easy for me? they said call and ask if this offer is available for my account.
2) if I go via the phone route and request, will the LTF pricing change?
3) can ICICI close my card (citing wrong variant issued) if I push too aggressively and escalate to pno level?

I got visa variant.
despite me sending their customer care a screenshot of Amex/MC, they are giving generic responses like variant change is not possible and I should call them to put this request.
they are not acknowledging that they provided me with a different variant than what they showed in the application form.

1) can the customer care number 1800 1080 people make this easy for me? they said call and ask if this offer is available for my account.
2) if I go via the phone route and request, will the LTF pricing change?
3) can ICICI close my card (citing wrong variant issued) if I push too aggressively and escalate to pno level?
You will be Denied on the call as well. Atleast that has been my experience.

You will be Denied on the call as well. Atleast that has been my experience.
okay.
so basically they are giving out dual variant also as many have got it on this thread, and it's not like I am asking them for a variant which they don't give out at all.
should I pursue this case? I have screenshot with me that showed me I will get amex/mc. I just don't want to lose out on this card if the bank decides to retaliate and close it because I make too many complaints.

Back