• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Lifetime Free Under Alumni Program : Full Details And Application Link

I guess everyone got approve/decline update within hours of SMS. Still no updates here. :(
Nahi bro.. I got verification call after that processing sms (yesterday). Some people have to go through home verification after verification on call.. And then there has been final approval.

Nahi bro.. I got verification call after that processing sms (yesterday). Some people have to go through home verification after verification on call.. And then there has been final approval.
Aa gaya bro approval msg. Exactly as predicted..
Applied on 20th
No call on 21st and 22nd
Applied again on 22nd evening
Got a call on 23rd around 12 noon - Lady on call filled all details, sent me ekyc link, uploaded everything, she disconnected the call to complete vkyc. In vkyc, was asked to verify details as mentioned in the form. Told salary above 20L. Vkyc done by 1pm..
Again on 23rd evening got a call that I applied for card(may be because I had applied twice, told agent that vkyc already done)
26th - processing 15 days msg
27th - verification call
28th - approval msg

Note - Was shown Amex+MC. Can see both in net banking.
I had existing Apay with limit 2.1L.. Limit remains same for Apay while Sapphiro limit is 3L..
So for those who were in doubt, I have separate limit for Apay and sapphiro.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230628_184634_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230628_184634_Messages.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Aa gaya bro approval msg. Exactly as predicted..
Applied on 20th
No call on 21st and 22nd
Applied again on 22nd evening
Got a call on 23rd around 12 noon - Lady on call filled all details, sent me ekyc link, uploaded everything, she disconnected the call to complete vkyc. In vkyc, was asked to verify details as mentioned in the form. Told salary above 20L. Vkyc done by 1pm..
Again on 23rd evening got a call that I applied for card(may be because I had applied twice, told agent that vkyc already done)
26th - processing 15 days msg
27th - verification call
28th - approval msg

Note - Was shown Amex+MC. Can see both in net banking.
I had existing Apay with limit 2.1L.. Limit remains same for Apay while Sapphiro limit is 3L..
So for those who were in doubt, I have separate limit for Apay and sapphiro.
There is no separate limit concept in ICICI, your total combined limit of all cards remains 3L, it's just that there is a ceiling of 2.1L on your Apay.

You can msg ICICI on twitter, they'll remove the per card limit and make your Apay limit also 3L.

There is no separate limit concept in ICICI, your total combined limit of all cards remains 3L, it's just that there is a ceiling of 2.1L on your Apay.

You can msg ICICI on twitter, they'll remove the per card limit and make your Apay limit also 3L.
Oh.. I thought that the combined limit works only for gemstones cards. Anyways, I would rarely use either Apay or Sapphiro, dekhta hu if they continue with 2.1L on Apay or give LE on the same..

My eternal wait continues :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

Applied: 9th June
Got call for Application submission and vKYC: 16th June
Got first SMS Application in Process 24th June
Got second SMS Application in Process 26th June
Am so happy right now.... Got Approval SMS. It was worth the wait. Card variant yet to show up on iMobile App. During vKYC it was shown as MC+Amex Variant. Now have to see. UPDATE: Got MC+AMEX variant. Card showing in iMobile App.

No verification calls / No physical verification. (I already hold Coral HPCL and Amz Pay ICICI CC)
Got Approval SMS on 28th June.

Attachments

• IMG_5915.jpg
    IMG_5915.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Am so happy right now.... Got Approval SMS. It was worth the wait. Card variant yet to show up on iMobile App. During vKYC it was shown as MC+Amex Variant. Now have to see.

No verification calls / No physical verification. (I already hold Coral HPCL and Amz Pay ICICI CC)
Got Approval SMS on 28th June.
Happy for you 🙂

One more update: My existing Credit Cards (Amazon Pay ICICI and Coral HPCL) limits got increased to 310000 automatically, without any intimation. Earlier, Amazon was 3L, and Coral HPCL was 210000. I guess Sapphiro Limit will be 310000.

I seriously regret closing my Coral Amex CC 2 months back, it had a limit of 500000. Today all of these cards would have gotten 5 Lakh limits. Anyways... that's a different story.

Soon I will comment another update. It will be related to current students (and not alumni) of IIT/IIMs... 😉

N

Not true my Sapphiro shares limit with my platinum which stands at 2.95 limit. So it's a hoax, 3L floor limit.
another reason that u did not get 3L is:
U got paid upgrade. Paid upgrade is possible even if ur salary is 1L or sometimes even lesser.
LTF upgrades based on 2L salary criteria or this Alumini offer, which is there premium CC holders whom they want to have limit of 3L at least.

Its my opinion. Anyone who got LTF cards can share if they got lesser limit.

However, ICIcI is generous in giving LE. Mine got 8.5L in just 1-2 years

Last edited:
UPDATE: Got MC + Amex Dual Variant Card. Card showing up on iMobile and Netbanking App. All my 4 cards (Coral HPCL, APAY, Sapphiro Amex and MC) now have shared 3.1L limit.

Now anyone experienced please kindly tell me if I can reach out to ICICI Bank to get a VISA variant also, and possibly keep all 3 variants active?

Finally got the 12 spam emails for card controls. Never have I been so happy to see spam 😂

Successfully converted Visa to Dual Variant. The Visa one is still active as of now. Will confirm if it's de-activated
When did you receive verification call/ in process message?

Those of you who got rejection message first and then recieved the approval or card dispacted message, what was the source of earlier rejection message? Sms? Twitter? Email? Customer care?

Similarly those who got their card application rejected, in what medium were you were informed of rejection?

Those of you who got rejection message first and then recieved the approval or card dispacted message, what was the source of earlier rejection message? Sms? Twitter? Email? Customer care?

Similarly those who got their card application rejected, in what medium were you were informed of rejection?
Did you get rejected Or waiting for a call?

If waiting, you guys can call customer care to arrange for a call from the credit cards team till the point that the correct person calls you

I am having a different thought: Can't we re-apply for Sapphiro CC again via this link and this time take the other variant (either VISA or MC) that was not issued initially? I called customer support for converting sapphiro cc to visa and they denied. Thinking to use this method.

Back