• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI bank Update Email ID issue

SC_23

TF Premier
So recently I updated my email id and now I am getting otp and transactions details randomly on both my old and new email id. When contacted customer care they said its been updated from their end and I even raised a Level 1 complaint got the same response. They didn't provide any SR number so wasn't able to raise Level 2 complaint.

Yesterday was trying to change my branch and in email details it was still showing my old email id which I wasn't able to edit. IDK what the hell I have got myself into it and being a technical glitch they won't pay much attention to my complaints.

Even before this glitch I wasn't getting monthly account statements on my old email id

Anyone who also faced the same problem and has any idea how to get it fixed ?

So recently I updated my email id and now I am getting otp and transactions details randomly on both my old and new email id. When contacted customer care they said its been updated from their end and I even raised a Level 1 complaint got the same response. They didn't provide any SR number so wasn't able to raise Level 2 complaint.

Yesterday was trying to change my branch and in email details it was still showing my old email id which I wasn't able to edit. IDK what the hell I have got myself into it and being a technical glitch they won't pay much attention to my complaints.

Even before this glitch I wasn't getting monthly account statements on my old email id

Try emailing the customer care telling them you want the emails only on this id (mention your new email) ; and tell them to remove (old email id) from the System completely.

Exactly
I don't understand how even people have so many praises about ICICI bank ... 🙃
Its the same with Hdfc too! Icici at least lets you update online For Hdfc you have to visit your home Branch to get it updated They give you a big form printed front and back; you have to mention customer id, tick email change and sign. Absolute waste of paper 🍃

Try emailing the customer care telling them you want the emails only on this id (mention your new email) ; and tell them to remove (old email id) from the System completely.

Its the same with Hdfc too! Icici at least lets you update online For Hdfc you have to visit your home Branch to get it updated They give you a big form printed front and back; you have to mention customer id, tick email change and sign. Absolute waste of paper 🍃
They said my new email id is updated in their records even have multiple chats with customer care

But if any feature is their in HDFC netbanking or mobile banking its works just fine their are too many technical glitches in ICICI for my liking

I add my postpaid bills for auto pay in ICICI but too my surprise some details were missing when I checked the same with mobile banking I had to use both Mobile and netbanking to get one biller added correctly

Created FD online and it wasn't showing up in my profile for 2 days

In HDFC adding biller or Creating FD worked flawlessly

Last edited:
Have raised level 1 complaint twice but they refuse to give me SR number the hell is wrong with ICICI they are repeating same bs answer and I have specifically requested for SR number still they didn't provide one

And call is also put on hold for more than 10 minutes even before it connects to customer care

Edit : Wasted 30 mins and call wont even connect to customer care

Last edited:
It's a common issue in ICICI
It's a stupid bank
Yes true they don't even read the email properly. If you remember i posted about not able to use apay card so i raised complaint regarding this. I explained them the issue. Then they asked for merchant details and all. I told them amazon amount date and all but they replied me that gpay transaction was successful 😂😂 they don't even bother to read email

For ICICI I have a solution:-

There are 2 different profiles, i.e. Customer general profile & 2nd one is the specific to Credit Card only, if you have the savings account then there would be a third profile for it.

Now if you do it yourself then the mobile number in the general customer profile would be changed but not in the profile specific to Credit Card.
So please go to any branch and ask them to update the details(Mobile Number/E-Mail ID) manually in your Credit Card Profile/Account. Many of the people in the branch doesn't know this so you have to be very specific while you are communicating with them.

If you go to the correct person then they should ask for your AADHAR Card/Mobile Number so please follow the same.

P:S:- There is a procedure where you can change the Mobile Number for Credit Cards form ATM but it also doesn't work.

For ICICI I have a solution:-

There are 2 different profiles, i.e. Customer general profile & 2nd one is the specific to Credit Card only, if you have the savings account then there would be a third profile for it.

Now if you do it yourself then the mobile number in the general customer profile would be changed but not in the profile specific to Credit Card.
So please go to any branch and ask them to update the details(Mobile Number/E-Mail ID) manually in your Credit Card Profile/Account. Many of the people in the branch doesn't know this so you have to be very specific while you are communicating with them.

If you go to the correct person then they should ask for your AADHAR Card/Mobile Number so please follow the same.

P:S:- There is a procedure where you can change the Mobile Number for Credit Cards form ATM but it also doesn't work.
Thanks a lot bro for your help will visit branch tomorrow and mention the same

But I have recently updated my address offline and they simply ask to fill it in form and give it to them, is there any separate form for Saving account profile?

Similar issue faced by me now with ICICI credit card account.
Looks like they will never fix this glitch.

My old email id is my work email id. I've updated it from netbanking. while updating it shows my personal @gmail.
But when I go to update address, it still shows my previous work email and it is uneditable.

I have an AmazonPay ICICI Card too. Tried changing email via netbanking. It changed for my credit card, but the Profile would still show my email address. Going through the update process is useless.

Called customer care and she promised it would be updated on the backend within 24hrs. Wasn't resolved 2 weeks later too. I called again and this time they asked if I had an SR for the earlier request. I said I didn't because I wasn't given one.

The new lady mention that there are 3 separate place where email exists (Cutomer ID, Credit Card, Rewards Points Portal). She mentioned that my email was updated only on the Credit card, and the other 2 would have to be updated. She took a new service request and provided me with 2 SR numbers.

I will wait for a week and see if this is resolved and post and update.

I'm fed up with banks having such glitchy systems. I would value a smoother experience any day over interest rates, offers.

Bumping this topic for general awareness.

People in India often thinks that Cust ID, Bank Account, Debit Card and Credit Card if held with one single bank has one operation only under one umbrella which is not true. Every product you use from a bank has its own separate database. Opening account with one mobile number and using different/modified data while applying for DC/CC/Demat won't give you the priviliege to have info. updated by bank themselves. It is your duty to keep things in check.

While opening account, EMail ID is attached with Customer ID, Bank Account and Debit Card separately. You go to ATM and change your mobile number, it will change for Debit Card and Account/Internet banking but not for customer ID. Now you apply a CC and it will fetch mobile details from Cust ID not your bank account or debit card. So updating at different levels is your job not banks. Problem here is people never read the TnC form at all.

On one hand people want everything for free and then they also want bankers to do all of their job which actually fall under customer's duty. I always keep track of which email/mobile number I use and try to keep same for future products but here Gen Z or so called experts who think of themselves as expert and regularly use different mobile number/email ID when face problem start bashing banks.

Opening a bank account and keep your funds with a bank doesn't entitle you for Godmanship. It is your duty to go to branch and request for update. Yaha sochtey hai 5000 ka account khulwa ke bank waley inke naukar ho gaye. I hope someday from their families join bank and they keep them as their servants for doing all their duties. haha

95% Indians do stupid stuff and have undercooked knowledge yet they are proud of what they do i.e stupidity all around their lives. Sarkaar se le ke Banks aur har department pe yeh ehsaan kartey hai unki service le ke.

Back