• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Credit Card ICICI CC UPGRADE PRE APPROVALS

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I got Icici-MakeMyTrip card (and a couple of others) as pre-approved offers. ICICI-MMT - at one time fee of 2500/- plus GST.
As I do not have a travel card and got a lot of domestic trips lined up for the next 4 years, I took it yesterday. Approved instantly. Card activated n PIN set n other parameters set in App. Very smooth. Very happy.
Sir ji, which route still provide LTF cards?

MMT is one time payment... not Pure LTF..

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Just 2500/- plus tax. For me, it is next to nothing. Considering the welcome benefits n the launge facility - aside the MMT discounts.
Sir, it is not about you .. may be 1L is nothing for you...
but our comrade @Shin-Chan asked, were all cards LTF ??.. For which the answer is NOT.. MMT has one time fee..
this 2.5k may be a big thing for him... I am just pointing out that fact...otherwise he may be thinking he never got MMT LTF in future, if he gets the offer with JF all the time...

Last edited:
Sir, it is not about you .. may be 1L is nothing for you...
but our comrade @Shin-Chan asked, were all cards LTF ??.. For which the snwer is NOT.. MMT is has one time fee..
this 2.5k may be a big thing for him... I am just pointing out that fact...otherwise he may be thinking he never got MMT LTF in future, if he gets the offer with JF...
LTF - itself is a misnomer.
Some banks treat LTF as free for life (of the current issued card). Upon renewal, the card might become paid - unless they again specifically make it LTF - again till it's expiry. For some banks, LTF mean - upto a specifically agreed time - of 5/10/15 yrs. Just like Life Tax means max 15 yrs life for registering a car.

I consider any CC as LTF if it DOESN'T ask for any fee EVERY YEAR. Or, is giving a REFUND/REVERSAL of the charged fee - either against a request or attaining a preset card usage.

So, I consider almost all my cards as LTF. Not that, I am going to use them till I die or they die - but till into the near future (of say 3-5 yrs max). I surrendered - on my own - 36 cards till date - even though a bulk of them were LTF as per my yardstick.

Shin-Chan

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Some banks treat LTF as free for life (of the current issued card). Upon renewal, the card might become paid - unless they again specifically make it LTF - again till it's expiry. For some banks, LTF mean - upto a specifically agreed time - of 5/10/15 yrs. Just like Life Tax means max 15 yrs life for registering a car.

I consider any CC as LTF if it DOESN'T ask for any fee EVERY YEAR. Or, is giving a REFUND/REVERSAL of the charged fee - either against a request or attaining a preset card usage.

So, I consider almost all my cards as LTF. Not that, I am going to use them till I die or they die - but till into the near future (of say 3-5 yrs max). I surrendered - on my own - 36 cards till date - even though a bulk of them were LTF as per my yardstick.
100% agree sir, we often tend to collect LTF cards at the cost of cards with more benefit, I wasn't aware of MMT being 1 time payment only will definitely try to get my hands on it would love to get my hands on another useable ICICI card after Apay which have been lone soldier from ICICI in my wallet.

Ekavya

TF Premier
MMT is one time payment... not Pure LTF..
From my perspective MTM has 2500₹+gst. So basically it's equivalent to keeping a paid card of 500+gst for 5 years ( considering fyf). The benifits it provide isn't relevant to me. That's why I didn't choose this card even though it has no annual fees

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
From my perspective MTM has 2500₹+gst. So basically it's equivalent to keeping a paid card of 500+gst for 5 years ( considering fyf). The benifits it provide isn't relevant to me. That's why I didn't choose this card even though it has no annual fees
There are much better cards / ways to get the benefits that this card provides.
ICICI cards are mainly for instant discount offers .. exception APAY card mainly...

Icici cards are not definitely for rewards on spends

Last edited:

Ekavya

TF Premier

I had no idea about this. So some of my LTF cards cards may become a Paid one after expiry.

Jackk

TF Premier
Unfortunately getting only paid cards as an upgrade offer. Anyone whose offers got refreshed from paid to ltf with time?

Amazon and Coral! How long did it take for the offer to get changed to LTF?
It is kind of random. It was showing paid card from last 1 year suddenly this month changed to LTF rubyx. May i ask how old is your apay and coral and do you pay your bills on time? Any delayed payments? and the questions whats your iscore?(You can check iscore in discover tab in icici imobile app)

Jackk

TF Premier
It is kind of random. It was showing paid card from last 1 year suddenly this month changed to LTF rubyx. May i ask how old is your apay and coral and do you pay your bills on time? Any delayed payments? and the questions whats your iscore?(You can check iscore in discover tab in icici imobile app)
Cards more than a year or so with no delayed payments!

Riya

TF Ace
I'm getting pre-approved offer to upgrade from Sapphiro to Emerald... But the fee of 12k is quite steep
Also reward rate isn't that great

rrsji

TF Premier
I'm getting pre-approved offer to upgrade from Sapphiro to Emerald... But the fee of 12k is quite steep
Also reward rate isn't that great
1718740752603.png
Something like this?
I am also getting them against my Sapphiro Amex LTF (a very bad deal to take for any of them against this card)
Is there any chance of getting them LTF?

Reactions: SSV

Fini7777

TF Premier
1718740752603.png
Something like this?
I am also getting them against my Sapphiro Amex LTF (a very bad deal to take for any of them against this card)
Is there any chance of getting them LTF?
Getting diff offers for each person here
Not able to predict their algorithm
Wait for sometime they may refresh the offers use ur card regularly