• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Credit Card ICICI CC UPGRADE PRE APPROVALS

Obhi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
If anyone is getting paid upgrades only and want a life time free upgrade. apply a fresh card ignoring the upgrade offer at that time. based on your profile you will be shown at least one paid card LTF during application. This is as informed by ICICI customer care and i got all variants of Coral cards LTF during application while getting all paid upgrades preapproved.

Please note there will be CIBIL hit.

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
If anyone is getting paid upgrades only and want a life time free upgrade. apply a fresh card ignoring the upgrade offer at that time. based on your profile you will be shown at least one paid card LTF during application. This is as informed by ICICI customer care and i got all variants of Coral cards LTF during application while getting all paid upgrades preapproved.

Please note there will be CIBIL hit.
Any call or physical verification ?

Obhi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Any call or physical verification ?
No nothing. I had Amazon pay CC only with 5 lakhs limit earlier. After entering details the limit shown is 5.1L and application got approved on next day only. after entering details you will have two options upgrade or new application as you have preapproved upgrade. Select new application.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Got the Sapphiro Dual variant LTF based on 50L TRV within 2 days of fund transfer......
next step would be to get Emeralde PVC LTF preapproved / EPM paid...

My CL increased from 7.7 L to 15L via this method ...
More details here:

Received both the Sapphiro Credit cards and DF card as well today...

1719073996525.png

1719074103298.png

ccent

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Received both the Sapphiro Credit cards and DF card as well today...

1719073996525.png

1719074103298.png
@SSV - Even i got LTF Sapphiro upgrade offer just 2 months ago. however, i was surprised to see an upgrade offer to Emeralde card in Imobile app yesterday. but it is a paid card and hence i am not upgrading. can you please help me with following:

1. i read in this forum in many posts that once a card is upgraded, the next upgrade will come only after a minimum 6 months. but i am getting an upgrade offer from Sapphiro to Emeralde within 2 months. is this some technical glitch or is it actually possible? if i proceed with the upgrade will my application be rejected? (although i am not taking paid Emerald)

2. my current credit limit on Sapphiro card is only 4 Lakh. i read somewhere that floor limit for Emerald card is 6 Lakh. but still with 4 lakh limit i am being offered a upgrade to Emerald card. any idea what actually is the floor limit for Emeralde card?

3. I already have 3 card accounts in Cibil for ICICI bank - one is for Apay second is for all Gemstone card and third is for MMT card. is it true that one cannot have more than 3 card accounts for ICICI? if this is true, then should i consider closing my MMT card so that in future when i get LTF offer for Emeralde, i can apply for it? as Emerald card will be updated as separate account in Cibil.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1. i read in this forum in many posts that once a card is upgraded, the next upgrade will come only after a minimum 6 months. but i am getting an upgrade offer from Sapphiro to Emeralde within 2 months. is this some technical glitch or is it actually possible? if i proceed with the upgrade will my application be rejected? (although i am not taking paid Emerald)
Pre-approved offers will get refreshed in 2 to 3 months

2. my current credit limit on Sapphiro card is only 4 Lakh. i read somewhere that floor limit for Emerald card is 6 Lakh. but still with 4 lakh limit i am being offered a upgrade to Emerald card. any idea what actually is the floor limit for Emeralde card?
They are generously giving Emeralde paid card to a lot of people. no-one knows the exact floor limit.. now we know that for 4L also they offere emeralde.

3. I already have 3 card accounts in Cibil for ICICI bank - one is for Apay second is for all Gemstone card and third is for MMT card. is it true that one cannot have more than 3 card accounts for ICICI? if this is true, then should i consider closing my MMT card so that in future when i get LTF offer for Emeralde, i can apply for it? as Emerald card will be updated as separate account in Cibil.
I dont know about the 3 card limit in ICICI. anyway close MMT card if it is of little use for you.

Shroud

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Okay, according to my RM, these are the floor limits for NEW card issuance:
Emeralde plastic - 6L
Sapphiro - 3L
Rubyx - 2L
Coral - 1L

However, these do not apply on card upgrade as it is mostly automated and system generated.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@SSV - Even i got LTF Sapphiro upgrade offer just 2 months ago. however, i was surprised to see an upgrade offer to Emeralde card in Imobile app yesterday. but it is a paid card and hence i am not upgrading. can you please help me with following:

Thanks in advance.
ICICI reports CIBIL in 3 splits
1 all gemstone cards coral rubyx saphiro together
2 co branded like apay mmt Manchester
3 emerald exclusive
Someone pls correct me those who hold all these cards together

ccent

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
3 emerald exclusive
just a correction here. i have 2 co branded card i.e. Apay and MMT. both are reported separately. so basically total 3 accounts are being reported to Cibil. one is for Apay second is for all Gemstone card and third is for MMT card.

ccent

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Pre-approved offers will get refreshed in 2 to 3 months

They are generously giving Emeralde paid card to a lot of people. no-one knows the exact floor limit.. now we know that for 4L also they offere emeralde.

I dont know about the 3 card limit in ICICI. anyway close MMT card if it is of little use for you.
thanks a lot @SSV . anyone else who have more than 3 accounts being reported to Cibil by ICICI? want to confirm whether it is true that one cannot have more than 3 card accounts for ICICI?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
just a correction here. i have 2 co branded card i.e. Apay and MMT. both are reported separately. so basically total 3 accounts are being reported to Cibil. one is for Apay second is for all Gemstone card and third is for MMT card.
Thanks for the info
So if u get emerald in future you will have 4 reports from ICICI to CIBIL

jack333

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
3 emerald exclusive
After a certain number of cards which are grouped under one gemstone cibil account, if you acquire any further each will be reported separately. I think that limit is of 8 cards. Apay and mmt are reported separately

HumorSimpson

TF Legend
This post seems to have some hodoo cause brother ooo View attachment 58486
Attachment. 📎. 📎
Confused Looking For GIF by Looney Tunes

realjayt

TF Premier
This post seems to have some hodoo cause brother ooo
I was in talks with the BM of a newly opened ICICI Branch and was baiting him with a Wealth Management account for LTF, just yesterday. I know the guy from his HDFC days but still he said only FD card will be issued. And now this!