• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI has recently downgraded the Salary Criteria for Sapphiro LTF & Rubyx LTF

I was given a new link by RM to see what ICICI CC it offers. When I checked the link first time, I was not asked for salary slip. Just Employer info.
I couldnt complete the application due to work. Then came back next day on same link and started the application process.

This time suddenly it brings this compulsory Salary linking option. Why is it suddenly appearing in second attempt? Should I ask RM for generating new link?

Please advice @Anindya98 @helloworld

View attachment 68857

login to your salary account may open netbanking page where you can login with your salary account (ex: HDFC) and it fetch the salary credits automatically after you login hdfc netbanking.

login to your salary account may open netbanking page where you can login with your salary account (ex: HDFC) and it fetch the salary credits automatically after you login hdfc netbanking.
Actually I wanted to avoid doing providing salary credits. Because during my first attempt it didnt ask for salary. But in second attempt. application form is asking for salary. Will ask RM to generate new link

Actually I wanted to avoid doing providing salary credits. Because during my first attempt it didnt ask for salary. But in second attempt. application form is asking for salary. Will ask RM to generate new link
They're not asking you to credit salary in ICICI.
Account aggregation option is available in Jupiter app also, all bank account balances are visible at one place.
By linking, they'll get to see salary credits into your other bank account. Another way instead of asking you to submit salary ac bank statement.

My icici cc agent told there's no such criteria...it's still 2l for sapphiro. What's the source of this info?
I recently got my Rubyx card upgraded to LTF Sapphiro on the basis of this new threshold. As per the RM, this new threshold applies to organisations with tie up with the bank. Now I’m not sure if that’s true or not but at least helped me in getting the card.

I recently got my Rubyx card upgraded to LTF Sapphiro on the basis of this new threshold. As per the RM, this new threshold applies to organisations with tie up with the bank. Now I’m not sure if that’s true or not but at least helped me in getting the card.
My icici cc agent told backend team is rejecting for less than 2l... maybe different branches follow different guidelines...urs is which branch?

Yes, it's true and any government employee falls under the "Special Category" section.
Can u tell me where's ur branch?
Bandel, West Bengal
My icici cc agent told backend team is rejecting for less than 2l... maybe different branches follow different guidelines...urs is which branch?
Directly visit the branch, ask the BM about the card, and threaten him to remove the business elsewhere. Only RH approval is required which your BM/RM gets.
Will they give ltf, as i am still viewing the same emarlde in pre-approved offers and it's paid
It will be a fresh application. They will apply the paid variant but when you receive the card it will be LTF.

Yes, it's true and any government employee falls under the "Special Category" section.

Bandel, West Bengal

Directly visit the branch, ask the BM about the card, and threaten him to remove the business elsewhere. Only RH approval is required which your BM/RM gets.

It will be a fresh application. They will apply the paid variant but when you receive the card it will be LTF.
Bro I am a govt employee and have already got the sapphiro LTF in March this year by giving salary slip of 2l.... I don't have any savings account in icici just mmt signature Rubyx and sapphiro....yesterday I asked my cc agent she told there's no such criteria of 1.5l as previously she had tried for some colleague and it got rejected... Maybe in WB they might be giving for 1.5l but in Mumbai they dont

Did not go to any branch. I spoke to the bank folks who visit our organisation’s office once a week who in turn connected me with the relevant credit card POC. A couple of calls and email was all it took to get the upgrade.

Bro I am a govt employee and have already got the sapphiro LTF in March this year by giving salary slip of 2l.... I don't have any savings account in icici just mmt signature Rubyx and sapphiro....yesterday I asked my cc agent she told there's no such criteria of 1.5l as previously she had tried for some colleague and it got rejected... Maybe in WB they might be giving for 1.5l but in Mumbai they dont
Yes, having an SB or SA account with them gives you the added advantage. If you don't have an account then it depends on the agent nothing can be done without his/her help.
Whats 'special category' and whats the special offer for this category?
In the case of Private Companies, the company name is listed in the bank system, if they have tie up with ICICI Bank, for Govt. Employee they have to select Special Category

Did not go to any branch. I spoke to the bank folks who visit our organisation’s office once a week who in turn connected me with the relevant credit card POC. A couple of calls and email was all it took to get the upgrade.
So u had a salary of less than 2l and got the sapphiro upgrade. Did u have salary account with icici?

Ok, maybe you're an exception but there are plenty to people here trying and dying to get HDFC cards and LTF, infact most of the time one of the top trending posts about this only(like how do get Millennia/Reg Gold/DCB/Infinia/Swiggy/Marriot +/- LTF)

But see, about ICICI being clueless, that's what i meant when i said ICICI don't give much importance to their card business overall, while for HDFC it's quite valuable, it's why HDFC is the market leader of cards in india
For me, both ICICI and HDFC are behaving in the same way.

2 years back I only had Amazon Pay ICICI. I waited for long but didnt get any other ICICI card, even platinum.
Then I opened a salary account with ICICI and there! I got Sapphiro LTF.

Same is the case with HDFC. I only have Swiggy HDFC, I am not getting any other HDFC card.
Today I am going to open salary account with HDFC, and there! I am getting Regalia Gold LTF.

Don't know how it works, but that's how it is.

For me, both ICICI and HDFC are behaving in the same way.

2 years back I only had Amazon Pay ICICI. I waited for long but didnt get any other ICICI card, even platinum.
Then I opened a salary account with ICICI and there! I got Sapphiro LTF.

Same is the case with HDFC. I only have Swiggy HDFC, I am not getting any other HDFC card.
Today I am going to open salary account with HDFC, and there! I am getting Regalia Gold LTF.

Don't know how it works, but that's how it is.
Yes Salary accounts are easiest way to get good cards with any bank

Also if you have just one cobranded card from HDFC and no core card, getting a new core card would be quite difficult,
Although in your case your salary accounts should do the trick, they might ask you to close swiggy card first

If anyone knows any ICICI Branch employee who can get Emerald LTF for 3L/mo. or even 4L/mo. Salary, DM me

Same for Paid Emerald Private Metal as well(Preferably LTF too but i haven't seen anyone getting it LTF so far)

Last edited:
Back