• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI has recently downgraded the Salary Criteria for Sapphiro LTF & Rubyx LTF

Agreed on everything but dont agree with regalia gold being in big 3... It's not a good card compared to millennia even if u are into cashbacks and very poor when compared to dcb and infinia
I'm holding Regalia Gold LTF. So far, it's only of use when availing airport lounges in tier 2/3 cities - almost every airport in India is covered. For everything else (rewards/travel/dining) even entry level CCs can put Regalia Gold to shame

It's a dead post now but at the time it made quite an uproar

As someone holding both ICICI and HDFC cards for a long time, let me draw some comparisons

1. A lot of ICICIs Credit Card busniess operates online, they don't have dedicated people for this, unlike HDFC where every major branch has a card guy

2. Employees that are present at ICICI branches are quite clueless about cards and almost always tell me to refer to imobile app

3. HDFC still has a pen and paper system, like New Application, Upgrade and Limit Enhancement
On the other hand in ICICI it's automated on App and at max you can email them

4. Employees at HDFC branches hold a lot of power and can help you out in getting new cards and Upgrades to Big 3 (Reg Gold, DCB, Infinia), limit enhancement based on your relationship and amount of business you give them
Employees at ICICI either don't know or don't care much as if credit cards isn't really that important to them(I've heard of a few people getting Emeralde Private Metal through brach head by some on TFC, but its quite rare)

5. ICICI gives a lot of importance to Corporate Tie ups and their salary accounts, Corporate RMs can get you a lot
HDFC on the other gives more importance to Alumni of top institute and that's the easiet way to get their Big 3 cards LTF(apart for Ulip route of course)
I have to disagree on one point even though I have reservations on few others. I dont have any kind of special privilege with HDFC and yet got LTF cards back to back. Whereas ICICI I am a long time privieleged customer with a special Wealth account and stil receive ZERO privileges.
So HDFC just knows how to do business with usual customers whereas ICICI is clueless even for privileged category. No wonder I have plenty of my friends left ICICI miffed up.

I have to disagree on one point even though I have reservations on few others. I dont have any kind of special privilege with HDFC and yet got LTF cards back to back. Whereas ICICI I am a long time privieleged customer with a special Wealth account and stil receive ZERO privileges.
So HDFC just knows how to do business with privieleged customers whereas ICICI is clueless. No wonder I have plenty of my friends moving to HDFC.
Ok, maybe you're an exception but there are plenty to people here trying and dying to get HDFC cards and LTF, infact most of the time one of the top trending posts about this only(like how do get Millennia/Reg Gold/DCB/Infinia/Swiggy/Marriot +/- LTF)

But see, about ICICI being clueless, that's what i meant when i said ICICI don't give much importance to their card business overall, while for HDFC it's quite valuable, it's why HDFC is the market leader of cards in india

Another point to note is that of late, offers on HDFC cards were almost non-existent (valid on a few curated products or EMIs) during the recent AZ/FK sales, whereas ICICI seems to have had better tie-ups and offers applicable almost universally

Ok, maybe you're an exception but there are plenty to people here trying and dying to get HDFC cards and LTF, infact most of the time one of the top trending posts about this only(like how do get Millennia/Reg Gold/DCB/Infinia/Swiggy/Marriot +/- LTF)

But see, about ICICI being clueless, that's what i meant when i said ICICI don't give much importance to their card business overall, while for HDFC it's quite valuable, it's why HDFC is the market leader of cards in india
I think you are repeating what I said. I too was saying HDFC is in demand and my friends moved towards HDFC. Many times ICICI CC service is the issue.

This is working since 4+ years.. with relaxation on salary, no account needed but patience required.

This is working since 4+ years.. with relaxation on salary, no account needed but patience required.

As per some comments the salary criteria has been reduced

salary relaxation always there, just find right support that needs some patience.

btw, in banking industry everything can be relaxed as long as the person knows about it and we apply through them.
do you have any idea where I can mail ICICI for a decent lts CC? or atleast FYF? I keep trying to apply both online and offline and every time they only offer me plat ltf, rest paid even though I more than satisfy the criteria for even Sapphiro

do you have any idea where I can mail ICICI for a decent lts CC? or atleast FYF? I keep trying to apply both online and offline and every time they only offer me plat ltf, rest paid even though I more than satisfy the criteria for even Sapphiro

chat them twitter, they'll call back. explain your income and relationship etc.

if they can't help, try after 15 days same. as mentioned need patience and have to find right support.

I was given a new link by RM to see what ICICI CC it offers. When I checked the link first time, I was not asked for salary slip. Just Employer info.
I couldnt complete the application due to work. Then came back next day on same link and started the application process.

This time suddenly it brings this compulsory Salary linking option. Why is it suddenly appearing in second attempt? Should I ask RM for generating new link?

Please advice @Anindya98 @helloworld

1726333101780.webp

Last edited:
Back