• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI has recently downgraded the Salary Criteria for Sapphiro LTF & Rubyx LTF

Don't u fullfill the salary criteria for saphiro? I did not get any app generated offers because I didn't have an account with icici. Still I got Rubyx Mmt signature and saphiro. I had Mmt platinum previously which I closed after getting Mmt signature
I was automatically offered Sapphiro as LTF since I had good Cibil score and got upgraded to Wealth cat. But thier email went to spam folder and by the time I saw it, the application window closed. From then I am fighting with them for the same offer again!
U said branch will help, so was trying to share that they dont.
HDFC Millenia and Tata neu infinity LTF back to back

I was automatically offered Sapphiro as LTF since I had good Cibil score and got upgraded to Wealth cat. But thier email went to spam folder and by the time I saw it, the application window closed. From then I am fighting with them for the same offer again!
U said branch will help, so was trying to share that they dont.
Try with a different branch maybe

Start threatening that u will close ur account and move all ur funds to some other bank. This might help
Thanks that u r trying to help. I did what u told 6 months back. They said they will send a new link offer. But then that link again offered only Rubyx. I literally went to branch and shouted. Then they said its controlled by Online team and that they cant do anything. I am just holding their account only due to Apay card and some ongoing payments.

Thanks that u r trying to help. I did what u told 6 months back. They said they will send a new link offer. But then that link again offered only Rubyx. I literally went to branch and shouted. Then they said its controlled by Online team and that they cant do anything. I am just holding their account only due to Apay card and some ongoing payments.
Then u have to wait only no other way out

I was trying to share that they are the worst bank in terms of Customer handling even if have so called "privilege wealth" status. Its literally useless. So keep ICICI only if ppl want and go for HDFC or other better svc banks
As someone holding both ICICI and HDFC cards for a long time, let me draw some comparisons

1. A lot of ICICIs Credit Card busniess operates online, they don't have dedicated people for this, unlike HDFC where every major branch has a card guy

2. Employees that are present at ICICI branches are quite clueless about cards and almost always tell me to refer to imobile app

3. HDFC still has a pen and paper system, like New Application, Upgrade and Limit Enhancement
On the other hand in ICICI it's automated on App and at max you can email them

4. Employees at HDFC branches hold a lot of power and can help you out in getting new cards and Upgrades to Big 3 (Reg Gold, DCB, Infinia), limit enhancement based on your relationship and amount of business you give them
Employees at ICICI either don't know or don't care much as if credit cards isn't really that important to them(I've heard of a few people getting Emeralde Private Metal through brach head by some on TFC, but its quite rare)

5. ICICI gives a lot of importance to Corporate Tie ups and their salary accounts, Corporate RMs can get you a lot
HDFC on the other gives more importance to Alumni of top institute and that's the easiet way to get their Big 3 cards LTF(apart for Ulip route of course)

I knew that joining fees cannot be waived off as confirmed by branch. So I went to a different branch and the agent was new I guess and confidently told me he will waive it off. So I practically knew I was being misselled but didn't say anything to him knowing I will lodge a complaint later on
Good for you

I got hold of MMT Plat and Signature back in 2017 and 2018 respectively, back in those days this was actually a good card, i got all my joining fee back as MMT cash which used for train bookings(since no credit card deals on train tickets as such), so didn't mind paying at the time

Of course now it quite different, they aren't whay they used to be

As someone holding both ICICI and HDFC cards for a long time, let me draw some comparisons

1. A lot of ICICIs Credit Card busniess operates online, they don't have dedicated people for this, unlike HDFC where every major branch has a card guy

2. Employees that are present at ICICI branches are quite clueless about cards and almost always tell me to refer to imobile app

3. HDFC still has a pen and paper system, like New Application, Upgrade and Limit Enhancement

4. Employees at HDFC branches hold a lot of power and can help you out in getting new cards and Upgrades to Big 3 (Reg Gold, DCB, Infinia), limit enhancement based on your relationship and amount of business you give them
Employees at ICICI either don't know or don't care much as if credit cards isn't really that important to them(I've heard of a few people getting Emeralde Private Metal through brach head by some on TFC, but its quite rare)

5. ICICI gives a lot of importance to Corporate Tie ups and their salary accounts, Corporate RMs can get you a lot
HDFC on the other gives more importance to Alumni of top institute and that's the easiet way to get their Big 3 cards LTF(apart for Ulip route of course)
Agreed on everything but dont agree with regalia gold being in big 3... It's not a good card compared to millennia even if u are into cashbacks and very poor when compared to dcb and infinia

Agreed on everything but dont agree with regalia gold being in big 3... It's not a good card compared to millennia even if u are into cashbacks and very poor when compared to dcb and infinia
I don't hold it myself but I've seen people vouch for it here, even calling it better then infinia for some
It was backed by a lot of math that i didn't bother to check myself(I've no vested interest in Reg gold as such)

I don't hold it myself but I've seen people vouch for it here, even calling it better then infinia for some
It was backed by a lot of math that i didn't bother to check myself(I've no vested interest in Reg gold as such)
I'm holding Regalia Gold LTF. So far, it's only of use when availing airport lounges in tier 2/3 cities - almost every airport in India is covered. For everything else (rewards/travel/dining) even entry level CCs can put Regalia Gold to shame

I'm holding Regalia Gold LTF. So far, it's only of use when availing airport lounges in tier 2/3 cities - almost every airport in India is covered. For everything else (rewards/travel/dining) even entry level CCs can put Regalia Gold to shame
I see, there was guy who posted detailed calculations stating how Reg Gold was even better then infinia for some, cant seem to find it now though

Last edited:

Excellent comparison! @Swastik

Back