• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Select Baking Program Upgrade Journey

Anindya98

TF Legend

My Journey of Upgrading to IDFC Select banking​

I got upgraded to IDFC Select Banking on the 13th of June 2024. The process was seamless after giving the consent on 10th June. Virtual DC was generated after few hours. The physical card has not been received yet, I am using the virtual one with no issues. It is showing in the app from the next day IDFC First Select.

Let me share the whole journey.

I started my journey with IDFC last year in May with WOW CC. After that, I opened a joint account(25K MAB) with my father(as Primary Holder) in July End. Been using that regularly I faced few issues I was not receiving any messages regarding credit/debit only the primary holder was receiving it. As suggested by RM I opened another joint account(25K MAB) in Oct with my father (as Secondary Holder) & thought of closing the first one. But decided to keep it as we were using the lounge access frequently. At this point in time, I was not aware of the IDFC First Banking Program, then I would have opened it directly. Around November/December, I got to know about this program. After doing some research I reached out to my RM & BM regarding the upgrade process they both insisted on maintaining the funds for few months before upgrading I was not comfortable for keeping it for 2-3 months. Again after few days I reached out same story. They want to keep the funds for 3 months before processing the upgrade. It was only the nearest branch near my house till March 2024 end. I opened my ICICI WM Acc in March 2024, and during a conversation, I asked if he knew someone from the IDFC new branch. He said yes he knew a guy how was working under him in ICICI who joined the IDFC's new Branch near my house. I got his contact number from my RM and asked him how I can upgrade my account to Select. As it is a new branch it took him few days to get back to me that 3L MAB is required. So, I directly asked him if I didn't need an Upgrade on my existing account, I want to open an Account and upgrade to Select Directly I am willing to do the IF. After confirming with his boss he said 1L+ IF will do the work that will convert it to Select. As the branch was new they were not assigned with Tab Yet he came to my house and it all the paperwork & gave him 1.05L ICICI bank Cheque(as per his suggestion). After almost a month the account didn't open they kept getting errors multiple times. After that, I was fed up and asked him to open it digitally he came with a guy who had TAB access, and the account opened instantly on 15th May. Got the Customer ID & IFSC code instantly in whats app.

Summary: Opened the Account(25KMAB): 15th May with 1.05L IF, after that added around 30K within 15-20 days -> Received the 25K Welcome kit within 5 days-> Gave Consent on 10th June that my BM gave the approval -> 13th June Account Converted to First Select (29 Days from the date of Acc Opening)

* Criteria of First Select/Wealth Banking Vary from Branch to Branch.
** Do the negotiating beforehand only to avoid closing the account.
*** I am also transferring my other two accounts to this branch as it is nearer to my house. Also Adding them to Family Banking.
**** Process was seamless but had to follow up regularly.
***** Thinking of upgrading to Wealth by next year.
****** As it's a new branch they are very flexible with the upgrade criteria.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back