• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Future First Savings Account

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thinking of opening a Future First Savings Account with IDFC Bank. The services are more or less similar to a premium account at any bank with no MAB or Debit Card charges (Visa Signature is being offered).

Anyone who is using it currently, how has been the experience?

My experience with IDFC First Bank Residency Road Branch, Bangalore:

I already have a Dynamic Business Current Account with an IDFC Mumbai branch. I have lost the BM / RM details else I would asked them only. But since I'm in Bangalore for a while, I thought I'd visit a nearby branch to open Future First.

First, the lady denied existence of Future First and kept pushing me for 25k one. Then she gave me gyaan about how I cannot have a current account simultaneously with student account. There will be 'profile mismatch' between me being a business owner and a student.

After some insistence and making it clear that I don't want anything else, she agreed to open it. But the tablet refused to authenticate my Aadhaar showing biometric lock error. As per UIDAI website, it is unlocked so no clue what the issue was.

Then she had me fill a physical form for account opening. I gave a photocopy of my PAN, Aadhaar, IGNOU student ID (currently valid) and a degree certificate from an institute banks like ICICI and HDFC consider 'premier'. Initially she asked for 10k IP, but presumably after checking my current account balance she requested for 100k IP with ample whining. To incentivize quick account opening, I gave a 100k cheque.

Then after a week she called me asking if IGNOU is a distance learning degree. I said, yes obviously. Distance learning students are not eligible she said and pushed me to open 25k MAB account instead. I refused and asked her to cancel the account opening form and cheque. She wrote cancelled on both and whatsapped me the photos.

Overall this whole branch seemed lazy and slow reminiscent of SBI. Good riddance I supposed. Anyone having better experience with a central Bangalore branch?

I already have a Dynamic Business Current Account with an IDFC Mumbai branch. I have lost the BM / RM details else I would asked them only. But since I'm in Bangalore for a while, I thought I'd visit a nearby branch to open Future First.

First, the lady denied existence of Future First and kept pushing me for 25k one. Then she gave me gyaan about how I cannot have a current account simultaneously with student account. There will be 'profile mismatch' between me being a business owner and a student.

After some insistence and making it clear that I don't want anything else, she agreed to open it. But the tablet refused to authenticate my Aadhaar showing biometric lock error. As per UIDAI website, it is unlocked so no clue what the issue was.

Then she had me fill a physical form for account opening. I gave a photocopy of my PAN, Aadhaar, IGNOU student ID (currently valid) and a degree certificate from an institute banks like ICICI and HDFC consider 'premier'. Initially she asked for 10k IP, but presumably after checking my current account balance she requested for 100k IP with ample whining. To incentivize quick account opening, I gave a 100k cheque.

Then after a week she called me asking if IGNOU is a distance learning degree. I said, yes obviously. Distance learning students are not eligible she said and pushed me to open 25k MAB account instead. I refused and asked her to cancel the account opening form and cheque. She wrote cancelled on both and whatsapped me the photos.

Overall this whole branch seemed lazy and slow reminiscent of SBI. Good riddance I supposed. Anyone having better experience with a central Bangalore branch?
I tried in AECS Layout and Thubarhalli-Brookefield branches in East Bengaluru. Both agreed to open the FF account but asked for student ID proofs. Since the application system was updated, they did not have any idea on how to open when I went there. Later based on the feedback from @Sourabh_13 Thubarhalli branch opened my account after I guided them, and they even let me fill the details.

But I am not sure if they would accept open university under the list. Either way, I would suggest you to write to their customer care (customer care or banker email id) and confirm your institute in the list. If they reply back with an yes, show this as the proof at the branch along with your college ID. If it is not in the list, you can ask the branch person to select others and might have to upload the photo of your ID card to process the application. May be you can check previous messages by @pkpr as he could not select his college from the list as well, and had to upload his student ID.

I would also nudge you to figure out why there is a biometric lock thing on your aadhaar as it would be easier to open the account through that process. Otherwise there will be unnecessary scrutinies and verifications to process it using physical forms.

There's no actual verification for institute. If you do it digitally, they don't even have an option to capture the education proof.

There's no actual verification for institute. If you do it digitally, they don't even have an option to capture the education proof.
Check this post by @pkpr
My college was not available in the list so i made him select the different college from the list and later he took the picture of my college id card and uploaded it. Hope it don't make any issue.
@ashrufsyed @Sourabh_13 @varun__goel_ yours college are there in the list?
It seems his college was not in the list and the branch person had to select 'others' option, and uploaded his college ID card

I tried in AECS Layout and Thubarhalli-Brookefield branches in East Bengaluru. Both agreed to open the FF account but asked for student ID proofs. Since the application system was updated, they did not have any idea on how to open when I went there. Later based on the feedback from @Sourabh_13 Thubarhalli branch opened my account after I guided them, and they even let me fill the details.

But I am not sure if they would accept open university under the list. Either way, I would suggest you to write to their customer care (customer care or banker email id) and confirm your institute in the list. If they reply back with an yes, show this as the proof at the branch along with your college ID. If it is not in the list, you can ask the branch person to select others and might have to upload the photo of your ID card to process the application. May be you can check previous messages by @pkpr as he could not select his college from the list as well, and had to upload his student ID.

I would also nudge you to figure out why there is a biometric lock thing on your aadhaar as it would be easier to open the account through that process. Otherwise there will be unnecessary scrutinies and verifications to process it using physical forms.

Hello @ashrufsyed and @D₹V , I graduated in 2022, and my ID card is valid until July 2022 mentioned on it. This was my final year ID—is this sufficient for opening an account along with my degree certificate?

Today, I visited the Electronic City Branch where they attempted to open an account on their system. Due to an existing account, they couldn't proceed, so they took an account closure form for the existing account. They also obtained my signature for offline account opening forms, along with a 30k cheque(I gave them). Luckily, they didn't mention any issues and directly proceeded to open the account. The branch staff, including the manager, were incredibly helpful and attentive. I appreciated the excellent customer service they provided by this branch particularly.

Hello @ashrufsyed and @D₹V , I graduated in 2022, and my ID card is valid until July 2022 mentioned on it. This was my final year ID—is this sufficient for opening an account along with my degree certificate?

Today, I visited the Electronic City Branch where they attempted to open an account on their system. Due to an existing account, they couldn't proceed, so they took an account closure form for the existing account. They also obtained my signature for offline account opening forms, along with a 30k cheque(I gave them). Luckily, they didn't mention any issues and directly proceeded to open the account. The branch staff, including the manager, were incredibly helpful and attentive. I appreciated the excellent customer service they provided by this branch particularly.
Glad to hear that you had a good experience with that branch. Probably because you were doing an IP of 30k to open the FF account. 😆

As the earlier posts mentioned, we only had experience with the tab applications. AFAIK it doesn't matter whether you graduated or not, or whether you are below 30 or not, the entire discretion lies with the branch person who opens the FF account on his/her tab. The application itself will not ask for any proof unless your institute/college is not in the list. Here @pkpr can detail on how he was able to open his FF account.

Since you mentioned the branch people assisted in the process then I would hope that the application would be processed. Also ask them to call you once they do that as the details will show up on the IDFC app immediately after the application is processed. If you can see the FF account details on the app, then rest assured you will get the welcome kit within a few days.

Update us here with further details on how the offline process went and it would help others who are planning to open it with the paper application.

Glad to hear that you had a good experience with that branch. Probably because you were doing an IP of 30k to open the FF account. 😆

As the earlier posts mentioned, we only had experience with the tab applications. AFAIK it doesn't matter whether you graduated or not, or whether you are below 30 or not, the entire discretion lies with the branch person who opens the FF account on his/her tab. The application itself will not ask for any proof unless your institute/college is not in the list. Here @pkpr can detail on how he was able to open his FF account.

Since you mentioned the branch people assisted in the process then I would hope that the application would be processed. Also ask them to call you once they do that as the details will show up on the IDFC app immediately after the application is processed. If you can see the FF account details on the app, then rest assured you will get the welcome kit within a few days.

Update us here with further details on how the offline process went and it would help others who are planning to open it with the paper application.
Yeah I hope it will done 😂.

Check this post by @pkpr

It seems his college was not in the list and the branch person had to select 'others' option, and uploaded his college ID card
I've opened a couple years back. Even then the branch knew nothing and denied it's existance. I had to show them their website on my phone where they read the details. They tried to get me to open 25k account but I denied and made them try to open this.

They didn't even ask the college details, let alone proof. There was no provision for the same in their tablet either. The account was opened instantly. Anything the branch people are doing is probably just them trying to change account variant or ignorance (unless it was made stricter during this time, which is unlikely).

Just dm on x, their team will call you and apply card on the call itself.
So i called the customer care, and asked them to connect me with their senior executive and they did. He said that there is no ongoing application in you name, so i asked him that can i apply CC on the call itself and he said that is not possible.

So i called the customer care, and asked them to connect me with their senior executive and they did. He said that there is no ongoing application in you name, so i asked him that can i apply CC on the call itself and he said that is not possible.
Arrey aise nhi hota, unki alag team hai, vo call back krte hai.

So, I've figured out the issue. I once clicked on the FD-backed card, closed it without providing any details, and now when I try to apply for a different credit card, it shows an error. However, when I attempt to apply for the FD-backed card, it prompts to resume the application. Is there any way I can cancel that application without proceeding with the FD-backed card?

I've already visited the branch but the lady in the branch (idk if she was from credit card department or not) tried to sell me normal savings account and didn't helped in this regard
Netbanking ke through mail daldo, ki apply nhi kr paa rha error aa rha h. Nhi to last branch jaake ya agent k through apply krlo (no chahiye to dm krlena).

Back