• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Future First Savings Account

Walter White

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Thinking of opening a Future First Savings Account with IDFC Bank. The services are more or less similar to a premium account at any bank with no MAB or Debit Card charges (Visa Signature is being offered).

Anyone who is using it currently, how has been the experience?

Finally opened the FF savings account today with the new interface that was updated on the IDFC application tabs that are with their executives. Thanks to @Sourabh_13 , his previous post hinted me in this regard.

From the home page of their account selection, they have to opt for salary account. Here 'Future First for students' option is listed with other corporate salary variants. Select the institute under the list by typing out the name followed by your details. Previously the application system used to let them select it under the normal savings account variant. But now it is listed under salary account.

@pkpr Hope that helps!

On a side note, even the metro branches are not aware of this recent change and they are simply pushing us to open regular 25k MAB accounts, which is ridiculous given that students generally won't have such a huge amount parked in their savings. Also branch executives try really hard to open 25k instead of 10k for their commission and then later convert the account variant to FF. But this isn't required.
So did you contact the same executive?
Did he visit your place or you visited the branch?

So did you contact the same executive?
Did he visit your place or you visited the branch?
I have two branches close to my place. In the first one, the branch executives were busy when I went, and the manager took the address and sent the person to my house. He could not open it with the new interface. So took his number, and when I called him the next day he told me to open 25k mab account and then request for the variant change to FF.

Meanwhile I had also written an email to get the confirmation about my institute's eligibility and also told them the bank people are clueless on opening FF accounts with the new interface. They told me to visit the branch and call the customer care from there so that they can guide the branch people.

I wanted to go to the same branch and called the person who came to my house, and explained him that customer care people will help him out. He said he was busy with a lot of work, and also told me with disinterest that the customer care people don't know anything. And he was a bit angry about why I was not following his instructions to open the 25k/10k MAB account and later apply for the change.

So I dropped the call saying I'll visit the branch later, and then went onto the other nearest branch with my documents. They too tried their best denying FF account's existence saying no such zero MAB account exists. But I showed them the website and told I'll wait for them to figure out or else willing to speak to the manager. Then one of them brought an executive from inside their office who was knowledgeable in this regard. He too said to fund atleast 10k after opening even if it zero MAB and continued with the application selecting the normal savings account as he too was unaware of the new interface. Just like the other branch's executive he too was surprised to see missing FF option, and said they might have removed the scheme. I told him some of my batchmates have opened it recently with the new interface.

As the branch person was exploring, @Sourabh_13 's post reminded me to check in the few levels above the normal savings account page. So I suggested him to go back to main page and check for it under the salary accounts just in case. And Viola! There it was 'Future First account for students' option. And then everything went smoothly afterwards.

I have two branches close to my place. In the first one, the branch executives were busy when I went, and the manager took the address and sent the person to my house. He could not open it with the new interface. So took his number, and when I called him the next day he told me to open 25k mab account and then request for the variant change to FF.

Meanwhile I had also written an email to get the confirmation about my institute's eligibility and also told them the bank people are clueless on opening FF accounts with the new interface. They told me to visit the branch and call the customer care from there so that they can guide the branch people.

I wanted to go to the same branch and called the person who came to my house, and explained him that customer care people will help him out. He said he was busy with a lot of work, and also told me with disinterest that the customer care people don't know anything. And he was a bit angry about why I was not following his instructions to open the 25k/10k MAB account and later apply for the change.

So I dropped the call saying I'll visit the branch later, and then went onto the other nearest branch with my documents. They too tried their best denying FF account's existence saying no such zero MAB account exists. But I showed them the website and told I'll wait for them to figure out or else willing to speak to the manager. Then one of them brought an executive from inside their office who was knowledgeable in this regard. He too said to fund atleast 10k after opening even if it zero MAB and continued with the application selecting the normal savings account as he too was unaware of the new interface. Just like the other branch's executive he too was surprised to see missing FF option, and said they might have removed the scheme. I told him some of my batchmates have opened it recently with the new interface.

As the branch person was exploring, @Sourabh_13 's post reminded me to check in the few levels above the normal savings account page. So I suggested him to go back to main page and check for it under the salary accounts just in case. And Viola! There it was 'Future First account for students' option. And then everything went smoothly afterwards.
So i contacted the same executive who tried to open the account.
First i called him yesterday morning he said i will call you at 4-5 pm i said ok then he didn't call me till 5:30 pm so i called him again he said I'm in the field will call you later or tomorrow.
So should i call him or visit the branch?

I can understand the urge to get the account opened. 😄

If you have enough free time today, then you can consider visiting the branch as it will eliminate the dependence on the executive.

Otherwise, I would say wait for a day and see if he calls you today. If he doesn't, you can visit the branch tomorrow or later.

If you have enough free time today, then you can consider visiting the branch as it will eliminate the dependence on the executive.

Otherwise, I would say wait for a day and see if he calls you today. If he doesn't, you can visit the branch tomorrow or later.
I'm going to visit the branch today and then from there i will call him.
If they don't respond or show any disinterest, i will again do the complain with customer service and visit another branch.

PS i will wait today and see if he's going to contact me or not. And if doesn't I'll visit branch tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm going to visit the branch today and then from there i will call him.
If they don't respond or show any disinterest, i will again do the complain with customer service and visit another branch.

PS i will wait today and see if he's going to contact me or not. And if doesn't I'll visit branch tomorrow.
Better to visit the branch if they are delaying the account opening process. And call the customer care from the branch itself if they still keep giving excuses to open.

Also think it from their perspective as well. Since they don't get any commission (or may be a meagre amount), they have less incentive for opening such zero MAB accounts, and therefore the disinterest.

Executive didn't contact me, I'm now on my way to branch. Let's see what happens 😀.

Better to visit the branch if they are delaying the account opening process. And call the customer care from the branch itself if they still keep giving excuses to open.

Also think it from their perspective as well. Since they don't get any commission (or may be a meagre amount), they have less incentive for opening such zero MAB accounts, and therefore the disinterest.
I'm attaching a SS see if it's a right account varient or not.

PS Recived welcome kit on 24/12/2023
Took total 4 days to reach me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231220-120411.png
    Screenshot_20231220-120411.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Actually it is like a salary acc, and it opened under salary acc section. In salary acc you have to give employer details, and in this institute.
Didn't got the second part, please elaborate..
please ignore the second part. Clear the app data and setup again everything is fine now, thanks everybody for helping me.

Actually it is like a salary acc, and it opened under salary acc section. In salary acc you have to give employer details, and in this institute.
Didn't got the second part, please elaborate..
My college was not available in the list so i made him select the different college from the list and later he took the picture of my college id card and uploaded it. Hope it don't make any issue.
@ashrufsyed @Sourabh_13 @varun__goel_ yours college are there in the list?

My college was not available in the list so i made him select the different college from the list and later he took the picture of my college id card and uploaded it. Hope it don't make any issue.
@ashrufsyed @Sourabh_13 @varun__goel_ yours college are there in the list?
No option was there to upload to proof when I opened acc, maybe recent change. Though they demanded just as proof.
My college wasn't listed but my institute was.

Back