• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Future First Savings Account

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thinking of opening a Future First Savings Account with IDFC Bank. The services are more or less similar to a premium account at any bank with no MAB or Debit Card charges (Visa Signature is being offered).

Anyone who is using it currently, how has been the experience?

runzone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is it possible to covert my 25k mab savings account to IDFC first account if I have already passed out from college and my college is listed in thier system?

Anyone converted recently?

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace
how to get branch email address?
Contact details of branch should be available in bank site or even in Google review.
Bank promises home visit but it's highly unlikely that they would go that far for 0 bal account. Best way would be to contact beforehand , take all the required documents (adhar/college id) in one go, visit the branch when you have any other work in that locality.

runzone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
About 15 days have passed since I opened my FF account. I have not received DC till date nor is it visible in app.

P.S.: I'm existing customer of IDFC First Bank, already holding 25K MAB account.
Any update bro on your situation?

I also have 25k MAB account. I want to open the FF account as my college is listed

TheGuy

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I went to IDFC to enquire about FF. Shoutout to @guptaakshat12345 for giving the comprehensive and correct list that motivated me to approach the branch. Earlier I had mailed asking if certain institution is eligible for FF and they gave incorrect list which is majorly IIMs and IITs (while the institution I was asking is famous for Civil Servants/ Board Toppers- like JNU).
At first representative there was giving me benefits of 25k MAB accounts and why I should keep it and FF was not good. When asked how- reply was just ATM limit is less, that too can be increased by netbanking- later agreed for FF.
Per him, they want Current ID of Institution, Aadhar, PAN, funding from outside bank and will open NEW account (not convert the old one).

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace
Per him, they want Current ID of Institution, Aadhar, PAN, funding from outside bank and will open NEW account (not convert the old one).
In my case. they took fingerprint , pic of college id card, adhar and pan no. They didn't even take my photo. Even I offered to put some money in cash. Branch guy said put initial funding through netbanking. I put just 1rs after almost a month. And my college name(an old wellknown bschool) in the list was slightly wrong. So there was a mismatch between my id and the name in the list. Still no problem.

Everything depends on the mood of the banker and what kind of target his bm is giving him.

Ruhinath056

TF Select
Is it possible to covert my 25k mab savings account to IDFC first account if I have already passed out from college and my college is listed in thier system?

I think conversation is not possible but you can open a new account there.. after setting up new future first account once you can close the old maintenance one account..
As when i open future first account..
The bank official told me to open a new 25k varient account with as the future fisrt have a lots of restrictions etc etc stuff 😂😂😂
I was like ok ..
Then i confirm with them is this possible they told yes completely..
As you already opened the future first account & its a zero mab account so don't need to close instead open a 25k mab varient account & do your day to day transaction with it...

I was like - are wah 😂

anujparihar

TF Buzz

I think conversation is not possible but you can open a new account there.. after setting up new future first account once you can close the old maintenance one account..
As when i open future first account..
The bank official told me to open a new 25k varient account with as the future fisrt have a lots of restrictions etc etc stuff 😂😂😂
I was like ok ..
Then i confirm with them is this possible they told yes completely..
As you already opened the future first account & its a zero mab account so don't need to close instead open a 25k mab varient account & do your day to day transaction with it...

I was like - are wah 😂
I can confirm that conversion is possible, though I am a current university student
I recently got my 10K MAB account to Future First Account in December of 2023, got card in 2024 Jan, my branch manager helped me out, customer support straight up said that they don't give signature cards anymore but were ready to give platinum.

kraxxx

TF Buzz
Contact details of branch should be available in bank site or even in Google review.
Bank promises home visit but it's highly unlikely that they would go that far for 0 bal account. Best way would be to contact beforehand , take all the required documents (adhar/college id) in one go, visit the branch when you have any other work in that locality.
Have you opened they this account what is inital funding needed

sidp

TF Ace
Have you opened they this account what is inital funding needed
There is no initial funding required. Depends on branch. Some are asking 5k. Some even 25k.
In my branch they said not to do cash deposit for 1st transaction. Asked for net banking. I did only 1 rs transfer after some days.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Took 25k+ for this account.
IDFC Mobile banking does show future first.
But mail received had something 'Salary' mentioned. (did not mention salary acc).
Person filled 2L pa income, now why would they do this?
They asked for their own benefit, but actually not required.

This account is covered under Salary category in their system.

Most prob because it takes all the details of institute and roll no, just like employer and employee id in case of salary account.