• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Future First Savings Account

Walter White

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Thinking of opening a Future First Savings Account with IDFC Bank. The services are more or less similar to a premium account at any bank with no MAB or Debit Card charges (Visa Signature is being offered).

Anyone who is using it currently, how has been the experience?

same thing happened with me too. An executive visited mt place, After filing all the initial details like Name, gender, ph no, and pan there was a option to select the account variant but is not future first option there (last column was blank) but then i thought maybe i have FD backed WOW credit card with them maybe that could be the issue and he leave without opening the account.
Do you have any sort of relation with idfc bank like CC, FD or existing account?
Hi Sourabh,
Thanks for the detailed post in the recent past. This is the exact thing that happened when the branch person tried to open FF savings account at my house today. There was no option to select this variant, and he was also surprised. But then after speaking to his manager, he mentioned the application systems got recently updated on their tabs and that might be to blame. And he had to leave without open the account.

Do you remember how this bug was resolved by the bank employee when opening your FF account?

Are you sure about this? if yes i will call him again or visit the branch for the opening of FF account

Hi, Glad to see the post is useful.

It seems that earlier they used start with the savings account opening form and after filling some initial details like name, gender n all, comes a time to select the account variant where they would select Future First.

Now there is a separate form for the Future First savings account. And, as I remember, that form is not shown on the usual page where different forms are present. The employee had to go 2 levels down the tree (option --> sub-option) and there the Future First account opening form was present.

So for you too there was no Future First option present in Account varient selection, then what did the executive do exactly?
He reached out to his seniors and tech team. He figured the exact location of the Future First account opening form in the tab.

You can go through my post in this thread where I have detailed my FF account opening experience.

Last edited:
Finally opened the FF savings account today with the new interface that was updated on the IDFC application tabs that are with their executives. Thanks to @Sourabh_13 , his previous post hinted me in this regard.

From the home page of their account selection, they have to opt for salary account. Here 'Future First for students' option is listed with other corporate salary variants. Select the institute under the list by typing out the name followed by your details. Previously the application system used to let them select it under the normal savings account variant. But now it is listed under salary account.

@pkpr Hope that helps!

On a side note, even the metro branches are not aware of this recent change and they are simply pushing us to open regular 25k MAB accounts, which is ridiculous given that students generally won't have such a huge amount parked in their savings. Also branch executives try really hard to open 25k instead of 10k for their commission and then later convert the account variant to FF. But this isn't required.

Finally opened the FF savings account today with the new interface that was updated on the IDFC application tabs that are with their executives. Thanks to @Sourabh_13 , his previous post hinted me in this regard.

From the home page of their account selection, they have to opt for salary account. Here 'Future First for students' option is listed with other corporate salary variants. Select the institute under the list by typing out the name followed by your details. Previously the application system used to let them select it under the normal savings account variant. But now it is listed under salary account.

@pkpr Hope that helps!

One the side note, even the metro branches are not aware of this recent change and they are simply pushing us to open regular 25k MAB accounts, which is ridiculous given that students generally won't have such a huge amount parked in their savings. Also branch executives try really hard to open 25k instead of 10k for their commission and then later convert the account variant to FF. But this isn't required.
Thanks for the information, I'm gonna contact him on Monday, yeah executive tried hard to open the 25k account varient but i simply denied his every try 🙂

@pkpr Hope that helps!

One the side note, even the metro branches are not aware of this recent change and they are simply pushing us to open regular 25k MAB accounts, which is ridiculous given that students generally won't have such a huge amount parked in their savings. Also branch executives try really hard to open 25k instead of 10k for their commission and then later convert the account variant to FF. But this isn't required.
Congratulations!

Recently, I have been trying to figure out the rewards structure of the Future First Visa Signature DC. So far, I have come to know that this card too has the '2% cashback on spends in the first 90 days' offer. ( I have received the 2% back for my DC spends.) So do use the DC when it makes sense.

Congratulations!

Recently, I have been trying to figure out the rewards structure of the Future First Visa Signature DC. So far, I have come to know that this card too has the '2% cashback on spends in the first 90 days' offer. ( I have received the 2% back for my DC spends.) So do use the DC when it makes sense.
Nice... Thanks!(y)

Do we get the cashback for credit card bill payments as well? Some people mentioned in the forum that the 2% cashback thing was not consistent. Either way, it is a free debit card, that too a Visa Signature one.

BTW how long did it take for your welcome kit to arrive?

Recently had opened an account with IDFC. Had received a WhatsApp message from IDFC that I was eligible for a Lifetime Zero Balance Savings account. Didn’t have any relationship earlier except a personal loan long time ago which was paid for and closed.
My experience
I have a HDFC Savings account with Imperia Relationship, ICICI Wealth Savings Account & IndusInd Pioneer Savings Account.
In terms of general use, every bank has their pros & cons, mostly experiences have been similar.
Although the highlight has been the tech side of IDFC is definitely the best out of the lot. The app & online interface is very smooth. Their Smart Statements where you can manually mark what the transaction was for is a helpful feature if you have a lot of transactions.
I had opened the account as I had received the promotional offer thinking will just use it as a 3 in 1 account with Zerodha.
Inclined towards using it as my main account …

1. Great app & online banking
2. Zero Charges for day to day transaction even for their 10k minimum balance account
3. Decent customer service
4. Interest rates are better than the other main banks for now

Would recommend.
Can we use it in any other broker like dhan fyers ??

Nice... Thanks!(y)

Do we get the cashback for credit card bill payments as well? Some people mentioned in the forum that the 2% cashback thing was not consistent. Either way, it is a free debit card, that too a Visa Signature one.

I get 2%cb for every eligible transaction...
Welcome kit took around 5 days

Nice... Thanks!(y)

Have paid a CC bill yesterday only. I will update if I receive the cashback for this transaction.

Total 7 days. The kit was dispatched (BLUEDART) on the 4th day after the account opening and received on the 7th day.

Back