• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Future First Savings Account

Walter White

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Thinking of opening a Future First Savings Account with IDFC Bank. The services are more or less similar to a premium account at any bank with no MAB or Debit Card charges (Visa Signature is being offered).

Anyone who is using it currently, how has been the experience?

Thinking of opening a Future First Savings Account with IDFC Bank. The services are more or less similar to a premium account at any bank with no MAB or Debit Card charges (Visa Signature is being offered).

Anyone who is using it currently, how has been the experience?
A lot of hassle to get the account opened , I contacted the nodal officer , emailed him then I received a phone call from the branch and they asked me to come so that they can open my account, when I went to the branch still they weren't aware of the account and were very disinterested in opening my account, when I showed the mail from the nodal officer then they took me seriously and they opened my account. They tried to warn me that this account can close anytime and you can do more than 10 UPI txn in a month and your account will be closed , using these account and making 100's of UPI txn and the account is working fine.

A lot of hassle to get the account opened , I contacted the nodal officer , emailed him then I received a phone call from the branch and they asked me to come so that they can open my account, when I went to the branch still they weren't aware of the account and were very disinterested in opening my account, when I showed the mail from the nodal officer then they took me seriously and they opened my account. They tried to warn me that this account can close anytime and you can do more than 10 UPI txn in a month and your account will be closed , using these account and making 100's of UPI txn and the account is working fine.
absolutely on point. branch ppl get very good commissions on opening 25k accounts & average on opening 10k accounts. so they push us towards the 25k account. they even lie that they don't have the 10k variant with them.

coming to future first account, they are not at all incentivized on account opening. so, they instantly become lazy & feel that we're stealing their commission.

anyone tried using NACH mandate on this future first account? is it working?

would like to share my experience of opening this account.

currently in a tier-1 city. went to several idfc branches to open this account. as expected they gave me a hard time. finally found a branch that agreed to do it without much fuss. guy came to my house for acc opening, i insisted on offline (physical application form), gave a big cheque (few L) for opening, guy tried to convince me to take 25k account, i said no my choice is future first. guy calls me a day later asking about my annual income details. account got opened within few days. i called up the customer care and asked the account variant, they tell me it's 25k MAB acc.

i was neither informed nor asked for consent to open a 25k account.

completely disappointed in this bank. it's employees are acting like insurance sales agents per my experience in the several branches I've visited. called up cc just now to close my account, again tries to convince me to stay explaining features. i just said i feel cheated by the bank, dont want to continue. they say to visit nearest branch for closure.

after i receive my cheque book, i'll just transfer out the money using rtgs in the branch & submit the account closure form on the same day.

My experience:
I visited a branch in Mumbai the day before yesterday to open the Future First savings account.

The staff seemed to have known that the bank offers a savings account with this name but were not much knowledgeable about it.

The employee who was actively engaged with me in the discussion about this account went through their brouchers and talked to his senior. He tried to push me to open a normal savings account very politely only once but then agreed that it is more beneficial for me to open the Future First savings account.

He was then ready to open the account but that day their tabs were being updated. He then again called his senior and mentioned the updation of the tabs.

I was surprised when after a brief discussion, they told me to leave my number and address and someone from the branch will come to my place to open the account.

The branch employee visited my location today and tried opening the account. But while selecting the type of the account, the Future First option was not visible. He mentioned that things have changed after the tabs have been updated. He then called multiple people like his seniors and the bank's tab helpdesk till he resolved this issue.

Finally, he opened the account and apologized for the additional 5-10 minutes that the process took.

It was a really good experience for me as the process was so smooth and itna bhaav aaj tak campus ke sbi branch ke alawa aur kisi bank ne diya😛

Additional Information: Only PAN and Aadhar numbers are required. A signature on a blank white paper or a signed Aadhar xerox copy is also fine (he only took a photo of it in the tab). Any other documents or original documents are not needed. You can add any address that you want. No initial funding or anything was asked.

Aur thodi additional information: I asked him whether they have opened the Future First savings account at their branch earlier. He told me that this was the first time that their branch was opening this account.

My experience:
I visited a branch in Mumbai the day before yesterday to open the Future First savings account.

The staff seemed to have known that the bank offers a savings account with this name but were not much knowledgeable about it.

The employee who was actively engaged with me in the discussion about this account went through their brouchers and talked to his senior. He tried to push me to open a normal savings account very politely only once but then agreed that it is more beneficial for me to open the Future First savings account.

He was then ready to open the account but that day their tabs were being updated. He then again called his senior and mentioned the updation of the tabs.

I was surprised when after a brief discussion, they told me to leave my number and address and someone from the branch will come to my place to open the account.

The branch employee visited my location today and tried opening the account. But while selecting the type of the account, the Future First option was not visible. He mentioned that things have changed after the tabs have been updated. He then called multiple people like his seniors and the bank's tab helpdesk till he resolved this issue.

Finally, he opened the account and apologized for the additional 5-10 minutes that the process took.

It was a really good experience for me as the process was so smooth and itna bhaav aaj tak campus ke sbi branch ke alawa aur kisi bank ne diya😛

Additional Information: Only PAN and Aadhar numbers are required. A signature on a blank white paper or a signed Aadhar xerox copy is also fine (he only took a photo of it in the tab). Any other documents or original documents are not needed. You can add any address that you want. No initial funding or anything was asked.

Aur thodi additional information: I asked him whether they have opened the Future First savings account at their branch earlier. He told me that this was the first time that their branch was opening this account.
Are you alumni or current student

My experience:

Hi Sourabh,
Thanks for the detailed post in the recent past. This is the exact thing that happened when the branch person tried to open FF savings account at my house today. There was no option to select this variant, and he was also surprised. But then after speaking to his manager, he mentioned the application systems got recently updated on their tabs and that might be to blame. And he had to leave without open the account.

Do you remember how this bug was resolved by the bank employee when opening your FF account?

Hi Sourabh,
Thanks for the detailed post in the recent past. This is the exact thing that happened when the branch person tried to open FF savings account at my house today. There was no option to select this variant, and he was also surprised. But then after speaking to his manager, he mentioned the application systems got recently updated on their tabs and that might be to blame. And he had to leave without open the account.

Do you remember how this bug was resolved by the bank employee when opening your FF account?
Hi, Glad to see the post is useful.

It seems that earlier they used start with the savings account opening form and after filling some initial details like name, gender n all, comes a time to select the account variant where they would select Future First.

Now there is a separate form for the Future First savings account. And, as I remember, that form is not shown on the usual page where different forms are present. The employee had to go 2 levels down the tree (option --> sub-option) and there the Future First account opening form was present.

Hi, Glad to see the post is useful.

It seems that earlier they used start with the savings account opening form and after filling some initial details like name, gender n all, comes a time to select the account variant where they would select Future First.

Now there is a separate form for the Future First savings account. And, as I remember, that form is not shown on the usual page where different forms are present. The employee had to go 2 levels down the tree (option --> sub-option) and there the Future First account opening form was present.
Thanks for the input. I mentioned this to the branch executive. And I think he did not understand the process completely. So he suggested me to open a regular 10MAB savings account and then he'll request for variant change to FF savings account. Are you aware if that is possible?

I don't know what to do here as even the CC team on phone had no clue and told me to call during account opening process so that they can speak to the executive and guide him. BTW, which IDFC branch did you open this account?

Based on the discussion with the IDFC bank employee, it seems that it is possible to convert a normal account to the FF account. But why to go through all that hassle in the first place?!

Better reach out to IDFC CC on X and ask them to get this solved for you.

I opened the account at the Powai (Mumbai) branch.

Based on the discussion with the IDFC bank employee, it seems that it is possible to convert a normal account to the FF account. But why to go through all that hassle in the first place?!

Better reach out to IDFC CC on X and ask them to get this solved for you.

I opened the account at the Powai (Mumbai) branch.
Ok thanks... Will do that 👍

i have a question that if i have FD backed wow card with the idfc, then i'm not eligible be for the future first account?
I don't think an existing relationship (other than a savings account) with IDFC affects one to have the FF account.

I was holding the IDFC Millennia CC when I opened the FF account.

Back