• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd Bank PIONEER account wort it?

My local IndusInd branch telling me to open Pioneer account by providing 10 lakh initial funding. Is it worth it? They said it will not get downgraded, and till now no account got downgraded, I have seen the TnC, they mentioned 2500 charge for pioneer debit card for non pioneer account. What if they downgrade the account if i fail to maintain 10 lakhs? Need your opinion guys.

I have pioneer account and its true that they dont downgrade(atleast until now) if we do not maintain nrv with bank. I did not face any debit card charges issue too but I have not completed 1 year yet(opened the account last year near november).. however I remember in schedule of chargers they said no charges associated with debit card and amc is 0.

Coming to worthiness, pioneer debit card provides 1000 bogo obln bms which is great.. I went to 3 standup shows, movies, holi celebration event etc using this card and getting 1k off everytime is a very good reward in my opinion.. plus there's 0.5% uncapped reward rate for any purchases, utility payment.. I dont use it for this 0.5 rp since there are better cards but since it's uncapped it is pretty good if there's some bulk payments..

Wrt service, RM is awesome, he doesnt call for investments(since I told him I do it via my huf account) and has not bugged me since. But any query/issue I have, he get's it fixed with 30 mins.. so overall I would say worth it.

thanks for asking cause i also wanted to open but wanted to withdraw 10L cause i'm uprading another account of mine into higher account. my friend would open the pioneer account sooner than later so i might open by the end of this years. he would keep 10L balance though.
My local IndusInd branch telling me to open Pioneer account by providing 10 lakh initial funding. Is it worth it? They said it will not get downgraded, and till now no account got downgraded, I have seen the TnC, they mentioned 2500 charge for pioneer debit card for non pioneer account. What if they downgrade the account if i fail to maintain 10 lakhs? Need your opinion guys.

As a Pioneer customer I would say they are not so great in terms of service. Whatever you need (locker, cc, etc), bargain it before you open the account or even better to get a proposal from them in writing. I would not recommend to use them as your primary bank but good to earn some extra interest as a secondary account.

My RM is is soo damn stupid. Typical RM traits. He was recently changed from my older one who was good.

New RM sent me product pdf of Indusind Private Pioneer with NRV/TRV in crores and says that it is the same as Indusind Pioneer acc.

I told him they are not same and sent him Indusind bank's website with both the product PDFs separately.

He still kept arguing saying they are same. The quality of RM in a metro city!

My RM is is soo damn stupid. Typical RM traits. He was recently changed from my older one who was good.

New RM sent me product pdf of Indusind Private Pioneer with NRV/TRV in crores and says that it is the same as Indusind Pioneer acc.

I told him they are not same and sent him Indusind bank's website with both the product PDFs separately.

He still kept arguing saying they are same. The quality of RM in a metro city!
Kindly share the PDFs.
Thank you @codenerd

I have recently opened pioneer account and also got heritage metal card .
If your RM/BM is helpful and eager to go extra mile then I would recommend to have this account else their online customer care is very pathetic.
In my case my RM / BM both are very cooperative and provided the best offering.

Heritage metal CC woww!!!

Did you pay any sort of joining fees/voucher fees?
I have recently opened pioneer account and also got heritage metal card .
If your RM/BM is helpful and eager to go extra mile then I would recommend to have this account else their online customer care is very pathetic.
In my case my RM / BM both are very cooperative and provided the best offering.

Back