• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd bank Select Savings Account and Legend Credit Card

hellobois

TF Ace
Hi. I received my Select Savings Account welcome kit today but I'm not able to link it with my legend credit card in mobile application. Please help. My 50000 is already stuck in select account and there is no way to take it out as I have to pay penalty as non maintenance charges.
Please help 🥺

Rohan

TF Premier
Yesterday contacted CC regarding service request update. In conversation CC provided nordal office phone number after completing call I called nordal office and asked for updates. In return they said to wait for 2 hours we will call back but no received any call. At the end of the day they raised another service request "Account Unfreeze Instant Account Negative Verification - TAB" from today morning account is unfreeze state. Got call from branch stating that your account is unfreeze. After 35 days able to do transactions on this account. Never faced this much issue with another bank.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Yes they don't know about this error they said wait for 72 hrs
I have mentioned this in this thread and other IndusInd threads before: always open a higher variant account from your nearest branch, regardless of how far it is from your home. If any issues arise, it's their responsibility to resolve them because, as we all know, issues tend to follow you with IndusInd. Very few people have had a smooth experience, and the customer care is typically unhelpful. Most likely, you'll have to get things fixed at your branch; you can't resolve matters from the comfort of your home. 🤣

PANK

TF Premier
O
I have mentioned this in this thread and other IndusInd threads before: always open a higher variant account from your nearest branch, regardless of how far it is from your home. If any issues arise, it's their responsibility to resolve them because, as we all know, issues tend to follow you with IndusInd. Very few people have had a smooth experience, and the customer care is typically unhelpful. Most likely, you'll have to get things fixed at your branch; you can't resolve matters from the comfort of your home. 🤣
Ok
If account opening fails
They will refund initial funding right
Or for that also I have to visit branch
As coustomer care told that account details is not updated in their system

Last edited:

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
O
Ok
If account opening fails
They will refund initial funding right
Or for that also I have to visit branch
As coustomer card told that account details is not updated in their system
Opening an IndusInd account doesn't usually fail; however, sometimes it may get stuck in a state of Debit Freeze. 🤣

It is advisable to wait for some time to see if the account gets successfully opened. Once that happens, we can then suggest the next course of action.

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Got this response from the customer care for Select account. Non maintenance of balance may be fine but they may apply debit card charges if the balance is not maintained(* on top of annual fee in the second pic) . (Debit card fees in the document - "*Free subject to required balance maintenance, otherwise it is ` 499/- p.a plus taxes.").

It can possibly be charged basis debit card anniversary month too i.e. one needs to maintain 50k throughout its previous month. Or it can possibly be on basis of quarter or yearly non maintenance of balance.

Anyone got explicit mail stating that no debit card annual fees will be there?

1689411359607.png
1689412396464.png

karankayastha

TF Premier
Got this response from the customer care for Select account. Non maintenance of balance may be fine but they may apply debit card charges if the balance is not maintained(* on top of annual fee in the second pic) . (Debit card fees in the document - "*Free subject to required balance maintenance, otherwise it is ` 499/- p.a plus taxes.").

It can possibly be charged basis debit card anniversary month too i.e. one needs to maintain 50k throughout its previous month. Or it can possibly be on basis of quarter or yearly non maintenance of balance.

Anyone got explicit mail stating that no debit card annual fees will be there?

1689411359607.png
1689412396464.png
This is new i am hearing this for first time its clearly stated everything is free why would they charge it for a premium account it doesn't make sense

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is new i am hearing this for first time its clearly stated everything is free why would they charge it for a premium account it doesn't make sense
It is there in Schedule of Benefits documents for both Select and Exclusive accounts. Highlighted in Yellow below.

Select Account Schedule of Benefits

1689434599919.png

1689434403225.png
Exclusive Account Schedule of Benefits

1689434487714.png

1689434443915.png

Attachments

• 1689434622654.png
    1689434622654.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 6

Trust Me

TF Ace

Where does it clearly state that everything is free? For DCs to be free from Annual fees, it only clearly states that "*Free subject to required balance maintenance, otherwise it is 499/- p.a plus taxes".

So there remains the scope for confusion that while the LEGEND CC may make the SELECT account itself free from any AQB requirement, free DCs may still need balance maintenance! Otherwise what's the significance of the very specific condition for Annual fees above? It could very well have required just the fulfilment of the relationship criteria! Note that DCs are free from Issuance fees unconditionally.

Do we have members here who have had SELECT accounts for several quarters with no DC fees? Anybody got any clear written confirmation from IndusInd that the DCs are free from all fees if only the relationship criteria are met?

karankayastha

TF Premier
It is there in Schedule of Benefits documents for both Select and Exclusive accounts. Highlighted in Yellow below.

1689434599919.png

1689434403225.png

1689434487714.png

1689434443915.png
But our account is Zero balance these charges maybe for for select account holders without legend CC.

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
But our account is Zero balance these charges maybe for for select account holders without legend CC.
Zero balance means you wont get monthly balance non-maintenance fines but they may charge you debit card fees at the end of year if balances are not above the requirement.

Thats why I am asking if anyone got explicit mail confirmation from their customer care that debit card fees wont be charged. I will use the account to hold my emergency funds & will exceed the balance requirements so that wont be an issue for me.

But people who have taken 3 debit cards on the account, have taken add on cards too (3 again) and don't plan to maintain the balance, they may get charged by IndusInd 500 plus taxes per card for Select account.

V G

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I used Indusind debit card on Freecharge for credit card payment on 6th July but I do not see any rewards points yet. When will it be visible? What are other ways I can use Indusind debit card for credit card payment except cheq?
Will I get reward points for credit card payment on:
1. Paytm
2. Cred
3. Mobikwik
4. Freecharge

Any other app if you can suggest?

Rohan

TF Premier
I used Indusind debit card on Freecharge for credit card payment on 6th July but I do not see any rewards points yet. When will it be visible? What are other ways I can use Indusind debit card for credit card payment except cheq?
Will I get reward points for credit card payment on:
1. Paytm
2. Cred
3. Mobikwik
4. Freecharge

Any other app if you can suggest?

Our Experts recommendation for Indus DC are:

Indus DC Mastercard:
Cheq.
Mobikwik (20K CC bill per 24 hours applicable for mobikwik regular users on MC cards).

Indus DC Visa:
Paytm.
Mobikwik (20K CC bill on single transaction).
CRED (DC option only available for 50K transaction value {It depends on account to acount}).

Try snapay but do transactions below 5K for safety.

equalizer

TF Premier

1689434599919.png

1689434403225.png

1689434487714.png

1689434443915.png

This is an excellent observation, which I do not agree with.
It is based on the point, which I agree with, that the account is "NMC Waiver" and "Not Zero Balance".

Here is my interpretation ( which may be wrong and is open to discussion ) based on the welcome letter.

1. My Primary account of IP 1L - Avg Bal Req is "Relationship Criteria" ( Legend CC )
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-25 at 5.57.11 PM.jpeg

2. My Add-On account of IP 20K - Avg Bal Req is Special Privilege of Primary Account ( For now.. In future, account holder may get their own Legend CC )
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-25 at 5.57.10 PM.jpeg

The YELLOW highlighted portion 1690289931305.png should not be effective as Avg Bal Req is clearly fulfilled :)

Baaki - Que Sera, Sera

V G

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is an excellent observation, which I do not agree with.
It is based on the point, which I agree with, that the account is "NMC Waiver" and "Not Zero Balance".

Here is my interpretation ( which may be wrong and is open to discussion ) based on the welcome letter.

1. My Primary account of IP 1L - Avg Bal Req is "Relationship Criteria" ( Legend CC )
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-25 at 5.57.11 PM.jpeg

2. My Add-On account of IP 20K - Avg Bal Req is Special Privilege of Primary Account ( For now.. In future, account holder may get their own Legend CC )
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-25 at 5.57.10 PM.jpeg

The YELLOW highlighted portion 1690289931305.png should not be effective as Avg Bal Req is clearly fulfilled :)

Baaki - Que Sera, Sera
I also raised this query few days back. One of the user replied that since we are holding legend credit card, required balance is zero. Therefore, there should not be any charges.

Nitheesh

TF Premier
Someone help me. The linking has happened in net banking between savings and credit card within hours . For mobile banking, I am unable to create another ID with savings account because I'm getting the message that already a mobile banking ID is present with the mobile number. Also, I'm unable to add the savings account by link relationship since it is showing incorrect debit card details error. Any help? It has been more than a month. The customer care and RM is completely useless. They know that the mobile user ID should be deleted and new user ID with savings account should be created. But they are not doing.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Someone help me. The linking has happened in net banking between savings and credit card within hours . For mobile banking, I am unable to create another ID with savings account because I'm getting the message that already a mobile banking ID is present with the mobile number. Also, I'm unable to add the savings account by link relationship since it is showing incorrect debit card details error. Any help? It has been more than a month. The customer care and RM is completely useless. They know that the mobile user ID should be deleted and new user ID with savings account should be created. But they are not doing.
Are you not able to use your netbanking in mobile app for login?

It should work and with that login id both (account and cc) should be accessible in mobile app

Ignore any other mobile banking login id if you have for CC only