• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia or Biz Black or both?

drsel

TF Prestige
I am eligible for infinia based on ITR but I am wondering if I should apply for Infinia or Biz Black or both.

Infinia 14750 joining fee and renewal fee are compensated by 12500 points every year, which are best redeemed for air tickets
but I get 24% discount on all domestic and international air tickets using Magnus burgundy on traveledge, so I would value 12500 points at only Rs 9500.

So an expense of 5250 every year for --
unlimited International and domestic lounge access (I already have these)
1+1 ITC buffet.
2+1 night free ITC room (not worth it)
10000 Amazon pay with 12.71% return (around 10% after 24% discount)

Biz Black is definitely worth it if you have to pay a lot of tax.
1.5 lakh spends in the first 90 days will make it zero joining fee

Last edited:
HDFC does not give Infinia just based on ITR eligibility. You should first check with the branch / BM if they are willing to give Infinia based on this sole criteria as it is invite only card. Biz black however you can get directly with ITR and other documents

Is Biz black accepted on income tax website for advance income tax and final Income Tax payment?

Accepted via HDFC gateway... You get points also only via HDFC gateway
So are you referring to the HDFC payment gateway on the income tax website?

Only on this will you get 5x points up to 1875+7500 points payment of 56250 every month?

There was no charge when I used my debit card a few days back to pay Income Tax via HDFC payment gateway on the income tax website.

HDFC payment gateway is supposed to be the fastest and most reliable payment gateway on the income tax website

Open infina and apply for floater biz black once infina reserve launches wait for spend cretria or etc and upgrade your infina both can become free if you full fill spend cretria.

I am eligible for infinia based on ITR but I am wondering if I should apply for Infinia or Biz Black or both.

Infinia 14750 joining fee and renewal fee are compensated by 12500 points every year, which are best redeemed for air tickets
but I get 24% discount on all domestic and international air tickets using Magnus burgundy on traveledge, so I would value 12500 points at only Rs 9500.

So an expense of 5250 every year for --
unlimited International and domestic lounge access (I already have these)
1+1 ITC buffet.
2+1 night free ITC room (not worth it)
10000 Amazon pay with 12.71% return (around 10% after 24% discount)

Biz Black is definitely worth it if you have to pay a lot of tax.
1.5 lakh spends in the first 90 days will make it zero joining fee
Biz Black is more valuable due to the rewards upto 16.5% you get on categories most other cards don't.

Other than the joining fee waiver on spending 1.5 lac, you also get 5K Taj/ITC voucher + additional milestone benefits of 5K every 5L upto 20L.

Biggest draw back is that the points transfer partners are limited with SQ being your best bet. You could also redeem at 1 rupee per point through smart buy travel booking but need to pay 30% in cash and deals may not be the best.

Hopefully they roll out more rewards transfer partners.

Confirm that you receive 5X on Income tax and utilities paid through Payzapp!

Last edited:
Biz Black is more valuable due to the rewards upto 16.5% you get on categories most other cards don't.

Other than the joining fee waiver on spending 1.5 lac, you also get 5K Taj/ITC voucher + additional milestone benefits of 5K every 5L upto 20L.

Biggest draw back is that the points transfer partners are limited with SQ being your best bet. You could also redeem at 1 rupee per point through smart buy travel booking but need to pay 30% in cash and deals may not be the best.

Hopefully they roll out more rewards transfer partners.

Confirm that you receive 5X on Income tax and utilities paid through Payzapp!
1) What are the MCC exclusions on Biz Black?
2) What is the return on buying Amazon pay on SmartBuy? 16.66--2.95% ?
3) what are the Smartbuy limits for buying Amazon pay per month? 10k?

1) What are the MCC exclusions on Biz Black?
2) What is the return on buying Amazon pay on SmartBuy? 16.66--2.95% ?
3) what are the Smartbuy limits for buying Amazon pay per month? 10k?
Exclusions are Petrol, rent, education and wallet loads.
You get 3x on Amazon Smartbuy (same as DCB). Inifinia is better at 5X but still a decent return.
Yes 10K limit.

Attached further details for reference.
Cheers!

Attachments

Exclusions are Petrol, rent, education and wallet loads.
You get 3x on Amazon Smartbuy (same as DCB). Inifinia is better at 5X but still a decent return.
Yes 10K limit.

Attached further details for reference.
Cheers!
So, 9.99 - 2.95% return on buying 10000 Amazon pay voucher every month?

HDFC does not give Infinia just based on ITR eligibility. You should first check with the branch / BM if they are willing to give Infinia based on this sole criteria as it is invite only card. Biz black however you can get directly with ITR and other documents
So shall I just phone the branch manager and ask if he is ready to give me a paid Infinia based on ITR only

Back