• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is IndusInd Bank still issuing the Legend CC as LTF? Is it worth it?

CosmicCat

TF Ace
I'm self-employed and have a CIBIL score of around 775 with no enquiries in the past one year. I don't have any existing relationship with IndusInd Bank.

I'm curious, is IndusInd Bank still issuing the Legend CC as LTF? My sole purpose to obtain this card is to open the Select savings account as it has a zero MAB requirement and provides an LTF debit card.

Is this card easily approved though? And is it still worth it?

Last edited:
Whether Cosmiccat will finally get the select Savings account or not remains a cosmic mystery 😂
Looks like the cosmic mystery of my Select Savings account is still unfolding! 😅

I’ve decided to hold off on opening the Select account until I receive a response to my emails regarding the LTF status inquiry sent over 5 days ago, along with the reminder I sent 2 days ago, and another one sent 3 days ago about the initial deposit to their CASA customer care team.

If I don't receive a reply by Tuesday, 27th August, I’ll discard this Legend(ary) card and vow to never engage with this bank again! 😾

Ek nirdhaarit deadline hota hai reply karne ka. In the future, if I experience a major problem, how would I be assured they would be ready to help me out on time if they can't even answer basic queries now? Even major PSU banks like SBI and Bank of Baroda respond within 3 business days.

Looks like the cosmic mystery of my Select Savings account is still unfolding! 😅

I’ve decided to hold off on opening the Select account until I receive a response to my emails regarding the LTF status inquiry sent over 5 days ago, along with the reminder I sent 2 days ago, and another one sent 3 days ago about the initial deposit to their CASA customer care team.

If I don't receive a reply by Tuesday, 27th August, I’ll discard this Legend(ary) card and vow to never engage with this bank again! 😾

Ek nirdhaarit deadline hota hai reply karne ka. In the future, if I experience a major problem, how would I be assured they would be ready to help me out on time if they can't even answer basic queries now? Even major PSU banks like SBI and Bank of Baroda respond within 3 business days.
I think fighting for the Select Account is not worth it use the Legend CC for the Visa Signature TP offer. Legend CC is LTF no need to confirm.
I have a Select Account, but I don't see any benefit of using the DC whenever I try to get BMS offers It never works, for CC bill payment my IDFC Select DC provides more RPs and benefits are also more overall. The customer service is deplorable and slow. I opened the account online with 50K IF and they are not providing me a cheque book asking me to visit the branch and do KYC. The branch is 15-18 km away from my house and they will not send anyone. I only use the account as it is linked with my secondary number for non-essential payments. Better open an Indie Megastar account online.

Last edited:
I think fighting for the Select Account is not worth it use the Legend CC for the Visa Signature TP offer.
I have a Select Account, but I don't see any benefit of using the DC whenever I try to get BMS offers It never works, for CC bill payment my IDFC Select DC provides more RPs and benefits are also more overall. The customer service is deplorable and slow.
Thank you for your valuable insights, Anindya! Unfortunately, I don't use Times Prime. The Select account, however, seems quite appealing to me for a few reasons:
  1. Zero balance requirement with a lifetime-free debit card.
  2. 20% off on BigBasket every month (up to ₹500) on the Tata Neu app when using the Select debit card for purchases above ₹2,000, along with occasional extra 200 bonus NeuCoins and 5% NeuCoins cashback.
  3. The only bank which sends email alerts for both debit and credit transactions for all transactions, including UPI.
I'll be using it occasionally, but even for occasional use, I need to be sure that it’s reliable.

Legend CC is LTF no need to confirm.
I need a confirmation about its LTF status, because if in the future the bank levies any charge on it, I could show them a proof. I do it for every bank after getting a LTF card.

Thank you for your valuable insights, Anindya! Unfortunately, I don't use Times Prime. The Select account, however, seems quite appealing to me for a few reasons:
  1. Zero balance requirement with a lifetime-free debit card.
  2. 20% off on BigBasket every month (up to ₹500) on the Tata Neu app when using the Select debit card for purchases above ₹2,000, along with occasional extra 200 bonus NeuCoins and 5% NeuCoins cashback.
  3. The only bank which sends email alerts for both debit and credit transactions for all transactions, including UPI.
I'll be using it occasionally, but even for occasional use, I need to be sure that it’s reliable.
Open the account online with 50K IF and after that link your Legend CC for 0 MAB. If you need a Chequebook visit the branch and submit the KYC.
Enjoy the account no worries.

Open the account online with 50K IF and after that link your Legend CC for 0 MAB. If you need a Chequebook visit the branch and submit the KYC.
Enjoy the account no worries.
Some people commented in another thread that the people who have had the Legend credit card before opening the Select savings account had issues opening it online.

Also, if anything goes wrong during the account opening process, the branch employees would have to deal with it and can be held responsible as well. Given IndusInd's lackluster customer care service, I don't think I can rely on them if I open it online and get stuck during the process.

My branch is just 2 km away, so I can go there any time. But as explained before, I need an assurance that they can be relied upon during hard times. 😅

Even during my brief interaction with the Branch Manager on call, he didn't even seem interested in getting a new customer.

Some people commented in another thread that the people who have had the Legend credit card before opening the Select savings account had issues opening it online.

Also, if anything goes wrong during the account opening process, the branch employees would have to deal with it and can be held responsible as well. Given IndusInd's lackluster customer care service, I don't think I can rely on them if I open it online and get stuck during the process.

My branch is just 2 km away, so I can go there any time. But as explained before, I need an assurance that they can be relied upon during hard times. 😅

Even during my brief interaction with the Branch Manager on call, he didn't even seem interested in getting a new customer.
Came across the following post on X:
1000062758.webp

If this is legit, then no words... 🙊

HDFC also send email alerts for everything, some members had mentioned that Kotak also does, but IDK, it dosent work for me.
No, they don't send email alerts for credit transactions below ₹5,000. For NEFT, I have never even received credit SMS below ₹5000. Thankfully, they recently started sending email alerts for UPI transactions of even as low as ₹1. (Email alerts are a great alternative when the bank delays sending you SMS or doesn't send them at all.)

Last edited:
No, they don't send email alerts for credit transactions below ₹5,000. For NEFT, I have never even received credit SMS below ₹5000. Thankfully, they recently started sending snail alerts for UPI transactions of even as low as ₹1. (Email alerts are a great alternative when the bank delays sending you SMS or doesn't send them at all.)
IDK, I have always received notification, maybe you are right about credit because I only credit it once & then use the balance for UPI.

Then how banks give you credit cards ? Just based on your credit score and history?
I can answer this, I was given a 2 lac odd limit by ICICI Bank on Apay Card. Once a credit card is on your CIBIL, you get better limits from other banks.

For ICICI Bank to provide me my first card, my CIBIL had IDFC First Personal Loan (This is actually Flipkart pay later ₹7000 limit) & Kotak FD based card (₹ 10000 limit)

Last edited:
I can answer this, I was given a 2 lac odd limit by ICICI Bank on Apay Card. Once a credit card is on your CIBIL, you get better limits from other banks.

For ICICI Bank to provide me my first card, my CIBIL had IDFC First Personal Loan (This is actually Flipkart pay later ₹2000 limit) & Kotak FD based card (₹ 10000 limit)
For how many months or years do u had those 2 accounts in your cibil before applying for the card ?

Today, Indus Valley Bank's Level 1 customer care for credit cards has finally replied to my email sent to them on 16th August (Just 8 days delay). The irony is, that email address is called "Priority.care@indusind.com." So much so for "priority." 🤣

It's not. Indus Valley Bank treats every account variant customer equally — Equally sh*t.

/s
yeah, so I recent upgraded to select account & I did some research
so far didnt found any good reason to upgrade to exclusive account or pinnacle CC. please let me know if there are really any.

I know their customer service can never be one of the reason.
I am their customer since 2.5 years now. mostly just use them for Higher FD returns and its walking distance from my house so its convenient.
been trying to reach their CC via mail and call to confirm zero MAB (have legend CC relation) since 2-3 weeks now, but they are not replying, calls also get disconnected. its really frustrating.

Back