• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITR processing delay. "Has your ITR been processed yet?"

You folks all seem lucky. My dad, who filed ITR-2 this time on 4th July and has no expected refund, but had a tax liability of around ₹40K, his ITR has still not been processed.

I filed my ITR-3 on 11th July with no liability and no expected refund, and it has not been processed either.

Both the ITRs filed were in accordance with the AIS and true to the knowledge. The ITR-2 and ITR-3 were filed instead of ITR-1 and ITR-4 respectively solely to account for the Short-Term Capital Gains for the sale of debt mutual funds.

I'm very nervous right now. 🫣
Nervous for what? Already told there are 3.5+ crore ITR left to be processed. Even if 3 is left for processing and I am 1 out of 3, I fear nothing. When you have clearly mentioned your income, why to get nervous? Here we see, honest getting nervous and cheats have confidence they won't get caught at all. The case with me is AO of my ward fears me. haha Jab koi jurm nahi kiya toh darna kyu?

Story with AO: So one of my relative got tax demand notice for Rs.37,500 for 3 years ago. Problem was TDS was deducted but not reconciled. I take AO for a ride with all the documents and made him pay for hassles my relative been through. Tax commisioner ke office tak jana pada tha par usko jeetney nahi diya.

In 2019 my refund of Rs.24970 took sweet time of 10 months and out of that only 7540 refunded and initmation told 80C deductions were not enough. Had to fight for rest as 80C deductions were 1.93L and I had proofs of that. So provided 1.93 Lakh 80C investment proof and they released leftover with 0.5% per month interest on due amount. People suffer as the so called technology system aren't efficient enough and we pay price for their inefficiency.

So those who are getting impatient start to live with it. Due to faster refunds, many started exploting the system last year by overpaying tax using credit cards and got back money in their account within 3 days. Free ka money rotation chal raha tha un logo ka. They also needed a lesson to be taught.

Remember, only a small fish can only get trapped in net. Large ones tear part the trap itself. If small fishes start thinking they can also get away just because large ones can, stupidity is on their own part. In India people think if big corporates can do mischievious things, why not they try it. Don't forget you don't have money to fight your case. Money is oxygen and most normal people die as they don't have much to fight but somehow trap themselves in things they don't understand.

Nervous for what? Already told there are 3.5+ crore ITR left to be processed. Even if 3 is left for processing and I am 1 out of 3, I fear nothing. When you have clearly mentioned your income, why to get nervous? Here we see, honest getting nervous and cheats have confidence they won't get caught at all. The case with me is AO of my ward fears me. haha Jab koi jurm nahi kiya toh darna kyu?

Story with AO: So one of my relative got tax demand notice for Rs.37,500 for 3 years ago. Problem was TDS was deducted but not reconciled. I take AO for a ride with all the documents and made him pay for hassles my relative been through. Tax commisioner ke office tak jana pada tha par usko jeetney nahi diya.
ha ha ha...Mine is also same case...They initiated E-proceedings for multiple years from as far as 2007-08...I produced all the documents for all e-proceedings as i paid tax for each and every single penny...For 2007-08 they had to accept their mistake & paid me 3 lakh Rs along with interest which they raised as demand and adjusted against refund from recent years.... Rest all proceedings are OPEN at their end which they are not closing intentionally...As i understand, if they will close then they have to accept their mistake and in such cases internal enquiry might be initiated..After that from last many years, my life is peaceful.

I have paid tax for each and every penny so nothing to fear.

ha ha ha...Mine is also same case...They initiated E-proceedings for multiple years from as far as 2007-08...I produced all the documents for all e-proceedings as i paid tax for each and every single penny...For 2007-08 they had to accept their mistake & paid me 3 lakh Rs along with interest which they raised as demand and adjusted against refund from recent years.... Rest all proceedings are OPEN at their end which they are not closing intentionally...As i understand, if they will close then they have to accept their mistake and in such cases internal enquiry might be initiated..After that from last many years, my life is peaceful.

I have paid tax for each and every penny so nothing to fear.
That's what I was trying to tell. Govt and its puppies will always try to bring you down, but you keep head high and attack them ferociously. Wherever or whenever I see a weak getting crushed by system, I push those departments to hell. These days courts are too fast to pass orders when it comes to Sarkari babus. Same is with police. All you need to do is enlighten yourself with sections of IPC and no policemen without any mistake of your will ever be able to touch you. But people start fearing and fear make them lose. I am a lone warrior but for family people with wife and kids at home it is difficult but yet I suggest to fight and take help from other if you aren't aware. When it comes to tax, from CA to AOs everyone try to loot you at some point of life. Albeit I never needed a CA in life for filling of ITR but many take their help.

I filed my ITR-1 in July's first week which is still pending.
My wife's ITR-4 which I filled in 3rd week of July was processed, got a refund last weekend.
Looks like it's all on luck.
Small correction. My ITR-1 was filled on 20th June. Still pending.
And here I had heard/read Govt has spent crores of rupees last year to upgrade the system and all the ITRs were supposed to be completed within a week or two.

Small correction. My ITR-1 was filled on 20th June. Still pending.
And here I had heard/read Govt has spent crores of rupees last year to upgrade the system and all the ITRs were supposed to be completed within a week or two.
The Govt is still under spending and compared to per taxpayers/filer cost is nothing. Main problem this year is due to implementation of New Regime and more due to 87(a) section rebate due to which things are stuck. At IT company levels things can't be corrected overnight. Infy engineers are working overtime and soon it will stablize with more and more batches getting processed. With this they also have to take care of LTCG changes that happened with immidiate effect in Budget. So many things on their platform to be fixed. Due to securiity concern Infy is not even allowed to have services on cloud and cost of project is higher than what Govt is paying.

I feel ITR 3 usually takes longer than ITR 1 and 2 due to various factor involving refund of taxes. Nirmala Tayi itni aasani se paise nahi deti.

Back