• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Jio Payments bank launch Free RuPay Platinum Debit card | Zero Balance account

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Jio Payments bank launch Free RuPay Platinum Debit card| Zero Balance account:

Just now got an update - "Just confirmed with Customer Care that Still RuPay Platinum Debit Card is not Launched but in few weeks they are going to launch it"

Official link - https://www.jiopaymentsbank.com/charges-fees

jio.jpg

Anyone use this new Regular Savings Account on Jio Payment bank ? Let me know more details about Virtual RuPay Platinum debit card.

Last edited:
How many days it took to get completed?
For me it took me around 7 hours post vkyc but the timeline says 2-3 working days I guess. As soon as vkyc is approved, the jio payments bank lite will be upgraded to jio payments bank savings account. Then you will receive existing card blocked sms. When did you complete vkyc?

What a weird payments bank it is! Last month, I tried to create a JPB Digital Savings Account in the JioFinance app. After I entered my PAN and authenticated myself with Aadhaar OTP, it showed the error "Your PAN card has already been used for account creation. AO-DUP" I had one Jio Payments Bank Wallet account with them a long time ago, but it was deactivated automatically 4 years ago due to non-usage. Perhaps its existence was causing that issue. I didn't escalate this case with their Support.

However, yesterday, I tried to create an account for fun again, and guess what? I got no such error, and my account was created successfully! Got the virtual RuPay Platinum debit card generated within 2 hours.

I created this account solely to do UPI transactions where RuPay credit card UPI is not accepted by the merchant. However, for some reasons, I am unable to set UPI PIN. Every time it says "Invalid PIN" right after I authenticate myself with the debit card details. Couldn't authenticate myself with Aadhaar-based authentication as well due to the servers being down. I noticed on X that many people are experiencing this issue since the past week. It's really a surprise they couldn't fix it even after a week!

How soon after doing vkyc can we see the debit card with cvv? Mine is still showing without cvv card.
Mine happened immediately, At first when i opened a Jio Payments Bank account it was Lite saving accounts but as soon as I completed vkyc (which I did on same day) it was upgraded to Full Digital savings account and the old card (the one without CVV) was blocked & a new debit card RuPAY Platinum with CVV was issued

Last edited:
Back