• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kindly suggest a bank account that can fulfill certain requirements

SC_23

TF Premier
Requirements :

Cheque Book (One time so ready to pay for it)
No charges for Nach mandate or Standing instruction
Virtual debit card or No debit card charges just need it to activate UPI
Easy cancellation of Nach mandate
No restrictions on NEFT
Need a Zero MAB or Low Mab balance account for investment

Already using SBI HDFC Kotak ICICI Axis so kindly suggest any other bank.
P.S. Not interested in neo or payments bank

Were you asked to provide any account number or debit card details for verification so that ivr can connect you with cc guy?
yes, debit card number or registered mobile number with #. I proceeded with mobilenumber and #, then options like cc, loan, bank.. went ahead with bank.. i could talk to support executive.

may be i could proceed because by that time, i completed VKYC.

@hariselio so finally managed to connect to cc via contacting nri banking department

Strangely even they are confirming that ATM pin is required for Ivr verification when I told her that how can I have access to ATM pin when I am yet to recieve a welcome kit. For this she had no answer and has arranged a call back in 30 mins for clarification 💀

This bank is either trolling me or you are extremely lucky

are you not getting mobile number option?
Nope got call from local branch guy for kyc he also confirmed that ATM pin is required for ivr verification

Hope things get fixed after the account is fully activated

Edit: Received callback from cc department they said atm pin is not mandatory maybe its an issue for me rn as kyc is yet to be completed

Last edited:
Nope got call from local branch guy for kyc he also confirmed that ATM pin is required for ivr verification

Hope things get fixed after the account is fully activated

Edit: Received callback from cc department they said atm pin is not mandatory maybe its an issue for me rn as kyc is yet to be completed
If you enter wrong pin 3 times you get connected to agent, this is my experience with credit card.

If you enter wrong pin 3 times you get connected to agent, this is my experience with credit card.
Yes after entering wrong pin its connected to agent.

@SC_23 Here is what happened.

I already had idfc credit card which is linked to another mobile number than what is registered in aadhar. So when i opened the account yday using aadhar details(with aadhar OTP), obviously all happened through my aadhar registered mobile number. And the customer Id i got along with account number was same as my customer id in credit card. So yesterday i called through my aadhar mobile number and it did not ask me ATM pin and i could connect to customer support.

Today they automatically linked the bank account with the existing credit card account since both share same customer ID. When i called using the phone number registered in the account(not the aadhar registered one), it was asking to enter PIN, but i entered wrong PIN, and i could talk to the agent.

Another query, Is these IDFC savings accounts are kind of zero balance account? Because it mentions, only it will charge for the following list...

MD1LLfo.png

Today local branch person came home and collected the required documents for the minor account as promised.
My in person verification was done by Thursday evening and I am still unable to activate net banking. CC told me to wait till Monday to get my account active.

Looks like I will close the account before even completing 14 days 😂

yep, it was an oversight from me. Mainly opened this account only for minor account which is zero balance. Then later realized, even minor account gets visa signature card which has lounge access. So thought of upgrading it.
Actually it's cool they already stopped giving vouchers for acc opening. Checked old video they were offering voucher on both 10/25k mab accounts. I didn't see any offer at the time of acc opening.

Yea lounge access feature is good hope they don't reduce lounge numbers like HDFC did recently.

Note : Anyone who is looking to open IDFC account and has a different communication address from the one mentioned in Aadhar don't go with this bank. My account is still frozen which was opened on Wednesday evening and Kyc was done by Thursday evening itself. Have raised multiple complaints via customer care all they do is type a mail which gets spam filtered from branch inbox.

@hariselio your welcome kit got dispatched?

Last edited:
@hariselio your welcome kit got dispatched?
Not yet, but I already activated the debit card from the app and started using UPI.

Regarding different address issues, I think it's same with other banks too. In that case, it's best to open by visiting the branch. Online process is best only when everything matching with aadhar and pan.

I had same issue while opening hdfc savingsmax account for my wife. Finally visited the branch and they cancelled the existing application, created the new one and gave the welcome kit immediately. Only problem in that, debit card will not have the account holder name printed. Whereas in my case, it's all done online and took three days to approve VKYC and another week for getting welcome kit. Additionally I see required balance in the offline savingsmax account is zero, whereas online opened account it's 25K as expected.

Regarding different address issues, I think it's same with other banks too
Could be true I have opened only 2 accounts online till now and kotak process was such a breeze that I thought same would be the case with IDFC. Hope their netbanking/mobile banking is worth it. Btw get your account upgraded asap otherwise they will issue classic debit card in welcome kit if I am not wrong.

Back