• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kindly suggest a bank account that can fulfill certain requirements

SC_23

TF Premier
Requirements :

Cheque Book (One time so ready to pay for it)
No charges for Nach mandate or Standing instruction
Virtual debit card or No debit card charges just need it to activate UPI
Easy cancellation of Nach mandate
No restrictions on NEFT
Need a Zero MAB or Low Mab balance account for investment

Already using SBI HDFC Kotak ICICI Axis so kindly suggest any other bank.
P.S. Not interested in neo or payments bank

Here comes first bottleneck :(

there seems to be some issue in the signature during VKYC process, so it was not updated in the account as per the local branch people. Due to this, they are not able to upgrade the account :(

So as long as everything goes as per the system designed, then no issues. But if there is any deviation, then get ready to deal with people who don't have clue. In this case, customer support says visit branch and update signature and whereas branch say something at the backend, so it's getting delayed.

Let's see how it goes...

So as long as everything goes as per the system designed, then no issues. But if there is any deviation, then get ready to deal with people who don't have clue. In this case, customer support says visit branch and update signature and whereas branch say something at the backend, so it's getting delayed.
Man this bank is nuts I received welcome kit today without any chequebook when I raised the concern with the cc they told me that you have to click I want chequebook option at the time of account opening and If I am not wrong there was no said option at the time of account opening.

Cancelling a standing instruction takes more than 12 hours to get updated in their database. Their app looks modern but is sluggish as hell.

Man this bank is nuts I received welcome kit today without any chequebook when I raised the concern with the cc they told me that you have to click I want chequebook option at the time of account opening and If I am not wrong there was no said option at the time of account opening.

Cancelling a standing instruction takes more than 12 hours to get updated in their database. Their app looks modern but is sluggish as hell.
Which bank are we talking about?

If I am not wrong there was no said option at the time of account opening.
yup, no option while opening the account. Even i did not receive the cheque book and on top of that, welcome letter clearly reads, we have sent personalized cheque book and debit card :( which adds unnecessary confusions. So when i told CC about the welcome letter says cheque book sent, but i've not received it. She said, its not sent for you, its only when its opted during account creation(offline creation at branch), then why the hell they send such a mis-leading letter. She said, she will take request now or i can request directly in app which im aware already, but i dont need any cheque book, so disconnected the call.

Anyways, i agree with them not sending cheque by default as many people does not use now a days as everything done through digitally, but sending incorrect information is not acceptable for me.

Their app looks modern but is sluggish as hell.
For me app is fine, similar level like other imobile, axis mobile, hdfc... i use all these apps regularly. But what i didnt like about this is, too many features/options cluttered and most of them does not work. For eg, it has chat, video call and call back option for customer support, none of the things working. Then why they keep this options, god only knows :(

One feature i like is, its updating MAB everyday, so its easy to know.

welcome letter clearly reads, we have sent personalized cheque book and debit card :( which adds unnecessary confusions. So when i told CC about the welcome letter says cheque book sent, but i've not received it. She said, its not sent for you, its only when its opted during account creation(offline creation at branch), then why the hell they send such a mis-leading letter.
True even the debit card letter mention that I have domestic lounge access on my classic card which straightforward lie.
Anyways, i agree with them not sending cheque by default as many people does not use now a days as everything done through digitally, but sending incorrect information is not acceptable for me.
I have seen welcome kit unboxing video they used to send chequebook in the welcome kit.

P.S. Also got a message that my UPI Id has been activated and kindly contact cc if not done by you when complained the same she gave me bs reason and told me to delink via BHIM UPI o_O

Because, in the app, the account was mentioned as "Corporate Salary Account". And the same was confirmed by the branch people. I closed and applied for savings account right there
They are smoking some good shit.Idk why they even asked for company details when I am specifically opening a savings account.

Reactions: AsB
Here comes first bottleneck :(

there seems to be some issue in the signature during VKYC process, so it was not updated in the account as per the local branch people. Due to this, they are not able to upgrade the account :(

Let's see how it goes...

I think this bank itself fine and comparable to other private banks, but what it makes worse the incompetent customer support and branch officials. They simply don't know how their system works.

They're not able to solve the signature issue due to which my account upgrade put on hold. So yesterday I decided to close the account and open directly in the branch itself. The branch head agreed for that and sent person home yesterday with their tab and account closure form. After filling all the details in the tab and in the final stage, it was again not allowing to create account and as expected branch people does not have clue why its not allowing. In my understanding, since already there is a account with same aadhar number, it is not allowing to proceed another one. So they took offline form request now with all the document copies and as per them, they can create offline account without any trouble. But today is holiday, so need to wait and see, how this process goes.

Meanwhile yesterday evening, i was thinking, if signature update not there means, how there was a option given in the App for cheque request as cheque needs a signature. So opened the app and give cheque request, voila... it indeed notified, there was no signature in the system and asked to upload the signature :D. I uploaded by taking photo from the mobile camera, AND its accepted immediately and got the SMS that signature update completed.

So the system itself designed properly and the problem lies with people who does not know how to use the system :( More than a week and numerous complaints to CCs and branch people, no one told me, nor aware, that i could simply complete signature in the app itself.

Okay, even all this trouble, why i want to continue with this bank account... two reasons, this account is for my wife and idfc has woman power account which gives 500rs voucher every month after spending 10K which i assume, can be applicable for credit card bill payment as well.

Secondly, i mainly opened account for kids and its zero balance account with same signature card. So just for 25K AMB, i can get three accounts with three signature card + 500rs voucher every month.

Hope atleast now it goes as per my expectation :D

Back