• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(Limit increase)Update your SBI App and check if you have limit increase option under benefits.

hi @SSV , is there any way to get sbi bpcl octane card. applied multiple times but was rejected due to over leverage, also tried customer care but no use.
you cant not get any SBI card unless you decrease your debt to Income ratio..
1). either increase your income
or
2) decrease your unsecured debt (ie. total Credit limit on all your CCs/ personal loans etc)..
or
3) Both

or
2) decrease your unsecured debt (ie. total Credit limit on all your CCs/ personal loans etc)..
or
3) Both
For me ICICI has given excessive limit. In general, I have seen they do this a lot. Do they want to decrease our chances of getting other bank credit card ? :cry: o_O

For me ICICI has given excessive limit. In general, I have seen they do this a lot. Do they want to decrease our chances of getting other bank credit card ? :cry: o_O
for most of the banks it is okay.. SBI is notorious for Over leverage concept.. I think there are a few other banks like SC ans some other one or two banks ...
but out of all SBI is the most strictest for over-leverage concept

or
or
3) Both
Income increased ho bhi gayi to sbi puche tab na in my case applied through sbi net banking this time. direct rejected.

So I got an update to the SBI cards app today, and I could find the limit increase option under benefits. But interestingly, SBI gives me a maximum possible limit up to Rs 10000 on a card that already has a limit of Rs 210000!!! Only SBI can consider that an increase. Are they counting BC years!

Update [13-09-2024] : As you all are aware (most probably) Limit increase request can be initiated once in 24hrs, so after getting first LE, tried second time but this time a red text error came after spinner and received ETA sms for request completion, zero hopes but still waiting for outcome (decline). Pic: Screenshot_2024-09-14-13-18-59-134-edit_com.ge.capital.konysbiapp.webp

Original post👇🏼:
It was super quick !

Card is not a year old yet, spends was decent, having upgrade options in app (not interested).

Never expected this from SBICARDS.

I was just going through this thread and thought to go till last comment and then go to sleep but reaching till last comment "THE CHULL" became so strong that i couldn't hold it and went straight to SBICARDS app, as usual nothing there. No worries because CHULL was so severe then headed to website and logged in found the increase limit option there (actually i get this option from day 1 of card issuance, never used bcz of cibil hit)

clicked it

Saw my card with current limit but no pre-approved (max) limit shown, it was current limit on Left and on the right side of bar was blank (no values just ₹ sign), however on left you've option to edit/type limit, so did and clicked submit Then otp then (as someone posted here) spinner/wait sign appeared (not disappeared till page reload) and within 5-10 seconds sms recvd stating LEGENDARY ETA till 26-sep-2024, lost hopes.

Went to home page but then thought to go back, why not try once again (idk cibil hit or not)

Interesting part starts here

Saw on 2nd step a blue button activated (ready to be clicked) as second step for additional information, clicked it was something frkn .in (not exactly remember, someone already posted about this too) went ahead then uhmm....... "ANUMATI" Ji appeared, went with flow happily

Took 10 seconds (after consent otp)
Just after ANUMATI sms (informing that SBICARDS accessed/requested my details) got another SMS back to back from SBICARDS that based on your SR (which have ETA till 26 sep) your limit increased from 1L to 2L (although i filled 5L similar to other cards) but that's not bad 100% increase that too instantly (Lucky enough?)

Current cibil 799 (decreased last month)
4 enquiries in Last 6m
Utilisation almost Zero.

Thanks 🙏🏼
Good night

Last edited:
Q
Let me tell you one case where 1L limit with SBI CB.

Assume you have 1L Credit Limit on SBI CB, then your monthly txn limit will also be 1L. Now you ordered a mobile phone or any item worth 75K and you have returned it immediately and amount credited back and your limit is 1L. Now you cannot transact more than 25K even though your limit is 1L now as you have a monthly txn limit of 1L only.

**1L denotes 1 lakh.
Who told you this? I got some cashback cards with 50k limit and i also repay and use the complete 5k cashback each month. In sbi there is no per transaction or per month limit. You can even make transactions above your credit limit if you somehow over pay your card first.

Look at these screenshots for reference-

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240912_002653_SBI Card.webp
    Screenshot_20240912_002653_SBI Card.webp
    72.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20240912_002700_SBI Card.webp
    Screenshot_20240912_002700_SBI Card.webp
    120.8 KB · Views: 58
Q

Who told you this? I got some cashback cards with 50k limit and i also repay and use the complete 5k cashback each month. In sbi there is no per transaction or per month limit. You can even make transactions above your credit limit if you somehow over pay your card first.

Look at these screenshots for reference-
It’s my personal experience as I mentioned on my other comment.
I am facing the same issue and my brother is also facing same. You might be lucky. Others please do share your experiences too.

Back