• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

LTF Sapphiro/Emerald credit card

sauchadh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I would like to know what is the criteria for getting LTF Sapphiro/Emerald credit card. I don't have any prior relationship with ICICI bank.

Do you hav any relationship with icici other than this card.. Please tell your card getting journey.
overall experience with ICICI, quite bad as no upgrades for my MMT Platinum CC since 4 years (kept on increasing my credit limit though which helped me in getting HDFC CC and that too LTF)

But credit card journey was quite easy.... ICICI company RM had visited office when I was going to open salary acc. When I asked for CC, he told me to either apply for ICICI cards (was eligible for all cards upto Rubyx without LTF,) or co-branded cards like ManU, MMT Signature based on my grade. Took MMT Platinum as I wanted lounge access at that time and wanted a free card at that time... he processed the form for me and I got the card before I got my account opening kit (debit card, passbook and chequebook)

You need to understand the rewards of MMT cards though, all the cashback/rewards go to your MMT account... i.e. you wont get any reward (payback) points. For every Rs. 200 spent on the card outside MakeMyTrip (that means everywhere online/offline), you will get 1 My Cash which will be loaded to your MMT wallet.. that can be used for ticket/hotel booking

Example: if you only use your MMT cc for POS transactions in a month for say Rs.10000, then you will get 50 MyCash in your MMT wallet...
So reward system is quite low when you compare with other cards

Last edited:
looks like its the company that is the deciding factor. I applied for my wife. She got salary slightly above 1 and got LTF Sapphiro pre approved. No existing relationship with icici.
Hey when you say pre-approved.. where exactly was it seen pre-approved? Like no exisiting relationship means no app, no emails from icici. So where did you see it and also how did you apply?

Hey when you say pre-approved.. where exactly was it seen pre-approved? Like no exisiting relationship means no app, no emails from icici. So where did you see it and also how did you apply?
From the web form once u submit details u will be shown the cards approved
Right, from the credit card home page, select apply credit card, fill details and it will show cards. For me it was shoeing sapphiro with fees. For her it was nil. She dont have any other accounts with icici. No bank account, credit card, nothing. I think preapproved term I mentioned was confusing.

Last edited:
Right, from the credit card home page, select apply credit card, fill details and it will show cards. For me it was shoeing sapphiro with fees. For her it was nil. She dont have any other accounts with icici. No bank account, credit card, nothing. I think preapproved term I mentioned was confusing.
Thanks guys! Damn the details were too much.. asked to log in to the salary account bank for verification and stuff.. and still didnt give me any offer. It generated some application pdf and said they will get in touch.

Thanks guys! Damn the details were too much.. asked to log in to the salary account bank for verification and stuff.. and still didnt give me any offer. It generated some application pdf and said they will get in touch.
I too had to go through that. but for my wife, just asked the account number ifsc code. nothing else. So again I think depending on the list of companies they have. Mine was not in the list.

And see in cibil... There will be a hit for 1000 rs personal loan... I have tried this two times.... One time complained to customer care and got the cibil hit removed... For second one already complained.... I also have a salary account with them

1669067210144.png
Don't want to create another thread, so, posting here.. This is the offer I see in my netbanking. I currently have a salary account with ICICI and own Coral LTF CC. Based on the given criteria in their website, I am only qualified for Rubyx. Couple of days ago I was asking my RM about the same and today I see this. I don't see any charges in the pic, since I have a salary account will this card be LTF?

View attachment 7067
Don't want to create another thread, so, posting here.. This is the offer I see in my netbanking. I currently have a salary account with ICICI and own Coral LTF CC. Based on the given criteria in their website, I am only qualified for Rubyx. Couple of days ago I was asking my RM about the same and today I see this. I don't see any charges in the pic, since I have a salary account will this card be LTF?
its a paid card.

View attachment 7067
Is it in net banking or imobile app

View attachment 7067
It is written that annual fee is waived off for spends of 15L. So most likely First Year Free.

And LTF based on condition above. Looks like ICICI Bank is learning bad habits from HDFC Bank

Reactions: AsB
I am being offered Sapphiro but not Ltf(6500 joining fees and 3500 annual fees) . I currently have coral Ltf. I don't have any credit cards that are offering free spa sessions but the annual fees is too high for me.

Back