• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

LTF Sapphiro/Emerald credit card

sauchadh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I would like to know what is the criteria for getting LTF Sapphiro/Emerald credit card. I don't have any prior relationship with ICICI bank.

Which city? Which branch?
The last resort can be switching my account to that branch 😅
Hyderabad

But I think you can't shift your account to the branch because it's inside the company premises. To enter the premises, you would need an Id card i.e., you need to be an employee of the company.

Hyderabad

But I think you can't shift your account to the branch because it's inside the company premises. To enter the premises, you would need an Id card i.e., you need to be an employee of the company.
Great, My company is in Hyderabad. N Heights, HITEC City.
I have never been to Hyderabad, I am WFH atm.
Am I lucky?😅 Is it the same place? BTW we can transfer accounts to another branch online

Great, My company is in Hyderabad. N Heights, HITEC City.
I have never been to Hyderabad, I am WFH atm.
Am I lucky?😅 Is it the same place? BTW we can transfer accounts to another branch online
Sorry .. my previous company is in Gachibowli[ISB road].
Even if you can transfer account online, I don't see any reason why you should. I mean, the offers I mentioned above are the ones I got directly from the bank representative, speaking Face 2 Face. If you can't talk to them Face2Face, it's useless I think.

My suggestion would be to reach out to your company HR/manager and ask them about the list of tie-ups they have with banks. Except a few start-ups, most companies do, and they have a POC from the bank. Get his/her number and directly ask. Axis, ICICI and HDFC are usually contained in the list.

I have asked for LTF sapphiro, and they called today and rejected it because I don't have that much-spent history on the 2nd ICICI card.
I just use the amazon pay one for my primary usage. Any suggestions, Guys?

I have asked for LTF sapphiro, and they called today and rejected it because I don't have that much-spent history on the 2nd ICICI card.
Did you apply based on your salary ? As long as you have net home salary of 2 lakhs/month and your company is in their list you can get Sapphiro card

They told me they can't do that through the phone. I need to visit a branch and get the manager's approval for LTF 🤷‍♂️.
Tried through Customer.care@icicibank.com and Twitter.
I will try with customersupport@icicibank.com again

Last edited:
They told me they can't do that through the phone. I need to visit a branch and get the manager's approval for LTF 🤷‍♂️.
Tried through Customer.care@icicibank.com and Twitter.
I try with customersupport@icicibank.com again
You could check with RM if there is any from your company. You could also get the RM no from someone holding a salary account in ICICI from your company. They would be ready to help you. I know one RM but she is specific to my company. i am not sure if she can help you.

Is it valid only for salary accounts with ICICI?

As, whenever I ask for CC upgrade, they ask my company name, map it with the tie up list and then say that I am not eligible for any LTF cards except Platinum (which is already free)
It is valid for everyone. Check with ICICI RM. you can even go to the branch and tell them about it. I don't have an account with ICICI still I got it

It is valid for everyone. Check with ICICI RM. you can even go to the branch and tell them about it. I don't have an account with ICICI still I got it
I even have salary account with ICICI, and my company is still in their categories, but still RM said that they cant do anything to give me Coral LTF. My salary was also matching for LTF.

Is it so that different branch RM will have different views on this ?

I even have salary account with ICICI, and my company is still in their categories, but still RM said that they cant do anything to give me Coral LTF. My salary was also matching for LTF.

I would say it is worth asking different RM. There shouldn't be any reason for saying no. it is a criteria from the bank.

Reactions: AsB
Personal observation:
Not all RMs, Not all Customer Executives of any bank doesn't not have same knowledge about the product.

You have to take time and find that one person who can do the job you wanted.

If you ask a question, then answer from A and answer from B won't be same. Because the level of information A has not same level with B, and you always try to connect that person and fulfil your job.

I have seen atleast 6+ from my contact list, and many more in this community got LTF cards just by trying through support (either mail, twitter, call) without having any relationship with these banks.

Some used their good spends as advantage, some used years with card, some their salary, some online information, some bluffing (yes, that also worked. Because some support easily approve things if they don't know), some with Cibil history, some other cards limits, some just luck.

People expecting so much from these RMs and support from one call.

Note: We're dealing with human minds that can be changed based on situation and time. If that is not your day, try another day - if you really want it.

@AsishB: Just ping once on twitter and say you want to avail LTF card based on salary slips (if they say no such offer, tell them those type of offers exist and provide same to you.. Convince them, make them try from their side and finally get the card. Its won't be done in single attempt).

Post in thread 'Coral RuPay or Rubyx?' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/coral-rupay-or-rubyx.4598/post-77512

Last edited:

Are you not seeing pre approved LTF cards in Netbanking?

Are you not seeing pre approved LTF cards in Netbanking?
I don't know why icici behaves such... I also have a icici salary account... No pre approved offers even after 6 months... Some People got hand to hand ltf cards on salary account... For me they are asking salary slip even for platinum card despite having salary account with them in active salary credit mode.... They rejected my apay application despite having a banner for no income docs required....

I had similar cases like others, even after having salary acc in ICICI, my RM asked for sal slips (eligible for Rubyx LTF as per your pic data) but then said I am eligible for Platinum (I did this 3 months back) which is why I am asking such questions :P

I even went to a local branch which is in Rural area but the RM (and Deputy Branch Manager both) said the same thing... Either the ICICI people I am meeting are dumb or are planning to change companies which is why they are not entertaining existing customers :D

1 thing to note is that if you say you have sal acc, they know that you are already linked to ICICI (banks try to fetch new customers)
So, they will check the company list and will give you card which is applicable to your company category...

I feel this is the case as same thing has happened with me twice (1 at urban home branch and other in rural local branch)

I don't know why icici behaves such... I also have a icici salary account... No pre approved offers even after 6 months... Some People got hand to hand ltf cards on salary account... For me they are asking salary slip even for platinum card despite having salary account with them in active salary credit mode.... They rejected my apay application despite having a banner for no income docs required....
We are in the same boat... if you really want a credit card, apply for MMT Platinum (not signature)

Joining fees is Rs 500 with no annual fees, you get MMT cash of same amount (500) which can be ued for booking flights/hotels so the card is basically free

I had similar cases like others, even after having salary acc in ICICI, my RM asked for sal slips (eligible for Rubyx LTF as per your pic data) but then said I am eligible for Platinum (I did this 3 months back) which is why I am asking such questions :p

I even went to a local branch which is in Rural area but the RM (and Deputy Branch Manager both) said the same thing... Either the ICICI people I am meeting are dumb or are planning to change companies which is why they are not entertaining existing customers :D

1 thing to note is that if you say you have sal acc, they know that you are already linked to ICICI (banks try to fetch new customers)
So, they will check the company list and will give you card which is applicable to your company category...

I feel this is the case as same thing has happened with me twice (1 at urban home branch and other in rural local branch)

We are in the same boat... if you really want a credit card, apply for MMT Platinum (not signature)

Joining fees is Rs 500 with no annual fees, you get MMT cash of same amount (500) which can be ued for booking flights/hotels so the card is basically free
Will they ask salary slip for that too..???

Back