• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobile recharge price hike by 25% - (just a hunch/speculation it not hiked yet or may never hiked as much as 25%)

I need some advice. Should I go for two ₹1799 plans using Amazon Pay, given that I've already used my Airtel Axis card for this month? Is there a better option, like a postpaid plan for three SIMs, or should I just wait until my current plan expires and switch to Jio?

Additionally I have 455 prepaid recharge soon to be 500

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I need some advice. Should I go for two ₹1799 plans using Amazon Pay, given that I've already used my Airtel Axis card for this month? Is there a better option, like a postpaid plan for three SIMs, or should I just wait until my current plan expires and switch to Jio?

Additionally I have 455 prepaid recharge soon to be 500
AXIS NEO and Myzone will have 5% off via Apay recharge..

I have done 2 year alsready this time aroound..
Total 4 years validity on my Jio.. recharged it for 2,850 per year..
Steal deal when you look at in 3 years time

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Boss, wouldn't recharge using AGVs be better for you, considering you get around 14% using Infinia?
yeah that is when i use them for flights much later..

I use APAY GVs for for more than 10K trasnsactions typically.
We need to keep other CCs also active with some occasional transactions..

AXIS NEO and Myzone will have 5% off via Apay recharge..

I have done 2 year alsready this time aroound..
Total 4 years validity on my Jio.. recharged it for 2,850 per year..
Steal deal when you look at in 3 years time
I already got amz balance and sbi cb but I just wanted to check if there is much better option with airtel considering parents still have half year.

so the best option is to stack with same amount at 5%

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I already got amz balance and sbi cb but I just wanted to check if there is much better option with airtel considering parents still have half year.

so the best option is to stack with same amount at 5%
Yes .. because these mobile bills will get increased atleast 5 to 10 % every year.. at a minimum..
for recharges not mre than 3 to 4 years are recommended..
but for me peace of mind is important than little things.. even if I move overseas I need my main mobile to be active for atleast a decade..
I will switch my secondary phone from airtel to some other carrier in 18 months..
Airtel will be a robbery moving forward..

Jio will be my main phone and some other cheap one will be secondary..

Last edited:
Yes .. because these mobile bills will get increased atleast 5 to 10 % every year.. at a minimum..
Not mre than 3 to 4 years are recommended..
but for me piece of mind is important than little things.. even if I move overseas I need my main mobile to be active for atleast a decade..
I will switch my secondary phone from airtel some other carrier in 18 months..
Airtel will be a robbery moving forward..

Jio will be my main phone and some other cheap one will be secondary..
ok makes sense, I will port out my main number after 10+ years to jio, the moment i land at airport before reaching immigration.

Thanks

Mritunjay

TF Premier
Need some help regarding airtel card.
I got my card on 30th May, and joining fee was charged on the same. However, my bill has not been generated yet.

1719807944896.png

Could this be because I paid the balance early, or is there an exception for the first bill?

1719808000698.png

I am planning to stack some plans using next billing cycle cashback, but not sure if the next billing cycle has started.

Please guide me to a post if this question has already been answered.

HumorSimpson

TF Legend
Don't all businesses increase prices? Do you remember the cost of a dosa or a pizza 10 years back vs today? They increase it every few months. Do you remember the price of petrol 10 years ago? The price of a shirt or shoes? Railway tickets? Gas? Doctor fees? Lawyer fees? I can give you a hundred examples. So why are you so surprised that telecom rates go up as well?
Well said !!!
Corporates are not charities. Sticking to yesterday's prices will take us to day before yesterday's technologies.

Last edited:

Sriim

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Need some help regarding airtel card.
I got my card on 30th May, and joining fee was charged on the same. However, my bill has not been generated yet.

1719807944896.png

Could this be because I paid the balance early, or is there an exception for the first bill?

1719808000698.png

I am planning to stack some plans using next billing cycle cashback, but not sure if the next billing cycle has started.

Please guide me to a post if this question has already been answered.
First billing cycle will be longer. Probably till July 12 th it'll be considered one single billing cycle

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Recharged Airtel with 1799 plan...Validity increased by 365 days...Atleast Airtel is professional and didn't removed 1799 value plan....JIO is CHOR company, they disabled 1599....Chindi Chor
Both are private companies with just one objective: profit.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
India is a "Social" welfare state not a capitalist country.
Really? India is a capitalist country. The government doesn't set prices for any buisness. The government can provide a subsidy if it so desires. Just like it does for gas cylinders as an example.