• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobile recharge price hike by 25% - (just a hunch/speculation it not hiked yet or may never hiked as much as 25%)

nits123

TF Premier
Really? India is a capitalist country. The government doesn't set prices for any buisness. The government can provide a subsidy if it so desires. Just like it does for gas cylinders as an example.
Price of petrol was set Rs100 when price in international market was 110 dollar per barrel...after that price in international market reduced by 30% to 40% but in inr petrol price is same

nits123

TF Premier
Really? India is a capitalist country. The government doesn't set prices for any buisness. The government can provide a subsidy if it so desires. Just like it does for gas cylinders as an example.
Jio lauched with a promise of lifetime free and crushed competition...then jio backtracked from promise...so according to u government has no role in this...why we have regulator for telecom sector?

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Jio lauched with a promise of lifetime free and crushed competition...then jio backtracked from promise...so according to u government has no role in this...why we have regulator for telecom sector?
Jio has done terrible things in collusion with the government and has basically destroyed Indian telecom sector. However, that doesn't make India a socilaist country. Even the US has a regulator for all major industries. That doesn't mean the US isn't capitalist. The regulators make general guidelines and ensure fair practices in theory. They don't set rates.

krishc

TF Ace
in the airtel new tariff list erstwhile 779 package is not mentioned at all for price hike hence assuming the plan will be discontinued??

TF Select
What cards are giving discount on Amazon pay on Jio recharge (for example Axis my zone have Rs.149 discount on 2999 plan)?

My Axis Myzone Mastercard gave discount yesterday but my wife's myzone visa is not giving discount.

sahildca

TF Premier
but this is first time I saw these kind of emails..
Probably I never noticed them or they are sending it recently..
It clearly says it is in queue .. and I doubt whether Airtel is doing this..
nope. CHORTEL directly make your two plans active , if you not read thier fine t&c about recharge stacking.
atleast jio gives option to customer to activate the new queue plan.

sahildca

TF Premier
Saw this banner on Airtel Thanks App
1000088040.png

Airtel themselves are promoting to recharge now so that they book a customer for atleast one year and maintain their subscriber base.
before recharge read their t&c carefully because (CHORTEL ) will activate your both plans simultaneously, as some packs are not stack with other packs. And they don't give to option to activate new plan explicitly in CHORTEL NO THANKS app.

newinnov

TF Premier
before recharge read their t&c carefully because (CHORTEL ) will activate your both plans simultaneously, as some packs are not stack with other packs. And they don't give to option to activate new plan explicitly in CHORTEL NO THANKS app.
In this regard you can not call airtel a chor
Everything has t&c
Vi/bsnl is far behind in recharge stacking

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guyz. Is itworth to recharge for more than 2yrs

My primary number is sorted out until 24th NOV 2030..
Dont stacking up for 6 years to come on annual plans.... some thru Infinia AMZN GV and some on NEO and Myzone 5% off..

I wont renew airtel after the current 2 years are expired..
Will chalk out strategy after 2 years.

1719944016877.png

1719943979539.png

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Sir, could you please explain this point.

For some reason Airtel feels they are premium provider and charges premium prices.
In fact I found it to be actually below par when compared to Jio..

1) Jio plans are flexible and a bit cheaper and this stacking can be done for a longer period of time in Jio where as Airtel is very rigid...
2) We can have 1860 calls free of cost in Jio, where as for Airtel they are not allowed.
there are some more like these...