• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My HDFC normal>Classic>Preferred>Imperia experience

I don't remember when I opened my HDFC salary account (Maybe around 2007 or 08), but here is how I got to Imperia
Aug 2015: Returned to India after a few years in US and went to a branch in Bangalore trying to figure if ai could get a DCB card. They told me I should let them transfer my account to their branch and upgrade my account to Classic and then apply for DCB (they said they will tc of the application and ignore the 3 payslip requirements or use US payslips)
Account got changed to Classic in 2-3 days.
Sep 2015: Once the account changed, the girl who was now my RM came to my office to get the paperwork done, got DCB in about a week
2018: Noticed that most of my co-workers had preferred account. Called my RM but she had left the job already so went to the nearest branch, again they made me transfer the account to their branch and upgraded to preferred. Also opened my wife's account and linked to the account
2021: Realised that there is Imperia also which has free locker. Called the RM but again he had left, so went to the same branch, had a new RM assigned who said there is already offer to upgrade to Imperia and that happened in 2-3 days, without any problem. Also got medium sized locker without any issues for free.
2019: Wive's account showed offer for Infinia card, which she grabbed, no documents were needed.

I am still with DCB, unable to upgrade coz my 6 month spending is below 7.5L that they need to upgrade

Also, every few months someone calls to say they want to upgrade my account to wealth and when I ask them the benefits, they only reply it has better service and benefits but don't have any answers on what are those.

I don't want to switch unless there are major benefits as my current RM (since 2021) is really good and has been with HDFC for more than 8 years. Knows how HDFC works very well and gets any issues resolved quickly.

Also, every few months someone calls to say they want to upgrade my account to wealth and when I ask them the benefits, they only reply it has better service and benefits but don't have any answers on what are those.

I don't want to switch unless there are major benefits as my current RM (since 2021) is really good and has been with HDFC for more than 8 years. Knows how HDFC works very well and gets any issues resolved quickly.
Ask them to send email with product page links and benefits of this program. I haven't heard of a wealth program in HDFC , may be a UHNI thing? Or a new product?
They may be sneaking in demat or other services in that, so watch out for that too.
If you don't like it or don't understand it, always say no and cut the call.

I don't remember when I opened my HDFC salary account (Maybe around 2007 or 08), but here is how I got to Imperia
Aug 2015: Returned to India after a few years in US and went to a branch in Bangalore trying to figure if ai could get a DCB card. They told me I should let them transfer my account to their branch and upgrade my account to Classic and then apply for DCB (they said they will tc of the application and ignore the 3 payslip requirements or use US payslips)
Account got changed to Classic in 2-3 days.
Sep 2015: Once the account changed, the girl who was now my RM came to my office to get the paperwork done, got DCB in about a week
2018: Noticed that most of my co-workers had preferred account. Called my RM but she had left the job already so went to the nearest branch, again they made me transfer the account to their branch and upgraded to preferred. Also opened my wife's account and linked to the account
2021: Realised that there is Imperia also which has free locker. Called the RM but again he had left, so went to the same branch, had a new RM assigned who said there is already offer to upgrade to Imperia and that happened in 2-3 days, without any problem. Also got medium sized locker without any issues for free.
2019: Wive's account showed offer for Infinia card, which she grabbed, no documents were needed.

I am still with DCB, unable to upgrade coz my 6 month spending is below 7.5L that they need to upgrade
Kudos you got the locker so easily 🙂… I’m an imperia customer too but no locker availability since 2.5yrs .

Ask them to send email with product page links and benefits of this program. I haven't heard of a wealth program in HDFC , may be a UHNI thing? Or a new product?
They may be sneaking in demat or other services in that, so watch out for that too.
If you don't like it or don't understand it, always say no and cut the call.
Thanks for the reply. Everytime they call, I ask them to email or whatsapp the benefits but they have never sent those.

I already have a HDFC demat with very low rates and have some MFs and SIPs too.

Thanks for the reply. Everytime they call, I ask them to email or whatsapp the benefits but they have never sent those.

I already have a HDFC demat with very low rates and have some MFs and SIPs too.
People who only cold call and don't email or WhatsApp are mostly third party agents.
I ask them to email me, just to weed out the 3rd party selling agents.

Back