• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My Journey to Infinia Metal (Shortcut)

pscking

TF Select
Hi Guys,

Hope all are doing good.

So basically my credit card Journey starts 3 years ago with HDFC Times Credit Card with the limit of Rs 30000.

● As at that time, i only have one card (HDFC Times), all my spends were done on it

● After 6 months, i got an upgrade offer from Times to Moneyback+ with limit enhancement to Rs 60000

● For almost, 1 years i used Moneyback+ after which my limit got increased to Rs 100000

● In 2022, i got another upgrade to Millennia credit with limit increase to Rs 120000

● After that, i move over to another Bank Credit Card like SBI Cashback, Axis Atlas and SBI Air India, as now i have started learning about Air/Hotel Miles and started traveling Dom/International

● Then i saw HDFC Infinia and i got love at first sight with this card 😅 and i wanted the same but my salary doesn't allow

● As i have been away from my Millennia credit card, suddenly i got limit enhancement to Rs 175000

● Then my RM (HDFC Preferred customer + Salary account) told me to get ULIP against which she can arrange me Infinia Metal card and that too LTF
Initially i thought it's a gimmick but after checking on Twitter and Technofino forum, i finally decided to go for it

● Now, i understand ULIP may sound bad but love is blind 😁
Additionally, i can fully utilize it to my uses because i have to pay Insurance(via Amazon), Flipkart/Amazon for Grocery (bigbasket doesn't deliver to my area), Smartbuy for flight booking

So, Thank you all guys for helping and teaching me. I might have missed some points or chronology but will be happy to add afterwards

Regarding ULIP, it's HDFC Smart life Protect (Rs 15000 every month for 5 years).

Congrats on Infinia LTF at a time where they tightened (or doing) the screws to even regalia gold (Imagine gatekeeping regalia gold).

1.8 lakhs per annum for 5 years doesn't sound too bad.

Btw, when did u receive it? Is it recently?

Great, now if it has been less than 30 days since you bought the ULIP, just cancel it - Your RM may threaten you that you might lose your card and blah blah but nothing will happen. Enjoy using the card.
Btw, do you have a written confirmation that your Infinia Metal is LTF?

Hi Guys,

Hope all are doing good.

So basically my credit card Journey starts 3 years ago with HDFC Times Credit Card with the limit of Rs 30000.

● As at that time, i only have one card (HDFC Times), all my spends were done on it

● After 6 months, i got an upgrade offer from Times to Moneyback+ with limit enhancement to Rs 60000

● For almost, 1 years i used Moneyback+ after which my limit got increased to Rs 100000

● In 2022, i got another upgrade to Millennia credit with limit increase to Rs 120000

● After that, i move over to another Bank Credit Card like SBI Cashback, Axis Atlas and SBI Air India, as now i have started learning about Air/Hotel Miles and started traveling Dom/International

● Then i saw HDFC Infinia and i got love at first sight with this card 😅 and i wanted the same but my salary doesn't allow

● As i have been away from my Millennia credit card, suddenly i got limit enhancement to Rs 175000

● Then my RM (HDFC Preferred customer + Salary account) told me to get ULIP against which she can arrange me Infinia Metal card and that too LTF
Initially i thought it's a gimmick but after checking on Twitter and Technofino forum, i finally decided to go for it

● Now, i understand ULIP may sound bad but love is blind 😁
Additionally, i can fully utilize it to my uses because i have to pay Insurance(via Amazon), Flipkart/Amazon for Grocery (bigbasket doesn't deliver to my area), Smartbuy for flight booking

So, Thank you all guys for helping and teaching me. I might have missed some points or chronology but will be happy to add afterwards

Regarding ULIP, it's HDFC Smart life Protect (Rs 15000 every month for 5 years).
It's not shortcut
You were tricked
U could have got by spending 6 lakh on existing card in 6 months
Since u already had limit eligibility

is this really LTF?
if yes, for people who aren't eligible, the fees is anyways 12.5K+GST, this seems a better deal, again only if its LTF
my bad read the amount as 15K per annum, it's 15K per month

Last edited:
Great, now if it has been less than 30 days since you bought the ULIP, just cancel it - Your RM may threaten you that you might lose your card and blah blah but nothing will happen. Enjoy using the card.
Btw, do you have a written confirmation that your Infinia Metal is LTF?
Nice Idea but I'm scared to try. Additionally, i got my card after ending my free lookup period. My RM is very smart bro😅

Secondly, as soon as i saw my card in my Netbanking, i emailed customer card and got the confirmation

I think you made a good choice, you got great card with great limit early on,
And if you're smart with it you can make good money out of ULIPs as well, just see how @SSV has done

You're paying 15k on a ULIP to get Infinia as LTF? You do know that you get back the annual fee of 12.5k as reward points right? That leaves just the GST of 2.25k which you'd have to pay from your pocket.

I get the allure of getting something for free. But seriously saving 2.25k annual fee by paying 1.8L annually to the bank? People never cease to amaze me.

You're paying 15k on a ULIP to get Infinia as LTF? You do know that you get back the annual fee of 12.5k as reward points right? That leaves just the GST of 2.25k which you'd have to pay from your pocket.

I get the allure of getting something for free. But seriously saving 2.25k annual fee by paying 1.8L annually to the bank? People never cease to amaze me.
I know it's bad but please don't make me feel regret. It's already done

He didnt avail ULIP for Infinia LTF, he availed it for Infinia itself; LTF is just a bonus

Millenia with 1.75lakhs is so far from eligibility it could take years or decades to be eligible even for paid infinia (especially considering current restrictions on new sourcing rules for Infinia)

Back