• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia My story of starting from moneyback in 2019 to Finally Infinia in 2024

TF Premier
I got a job at a PSU in Sept 2018. At that time I was not aware about the credit card benefits.
In March 2019 I applied for my first HDFC credit card. At that time HDFC issued me a moneyback card with a limit of 25K. I was furious that the limit was 1/3rd of my salary. I asked them to increase the limit and give Regalia First at least. However they didn't budge. So I closed the card in frustration as I didn't want a card with such low credit limit.
After sometime I applied again and this time they issued me Regalia First with credit limit of around 1.3L. At that time smartbuy used to give 10x rewards on everything with no capping. At that time I first got to know about Infinia and DCB. I wanted the cards badly but non of my spendings, credit limit or salary matched the criteria. I kept using the Regalia first card which was eventually upgraded to Regalia after sometime.
Now in sometime around May 2022 my credit limit was finally above 5L. However, my college was not a part of the HDFC alumnus program. I kept begging for LTF DCB but HDFC didn't budge. Around Dec 2022, some HDFC agents came at our office and were providing DCB LTF as first card under alumni program. I was furious that despite being a 3 year old customer they were not giving me DCB LTF and my colleague who's salary is exactly same as mine were getting DCB LTF under the alumni program.
I wrote a series of mails to HDFC and successfully got DCB LTF. In March 2023 I finally got my hands on DCB LTF. However I was still missing the train of OG Magnus.
Till March 2023 I had never got a paid cards and I was more into LTF cards only. However the OG Magnus was great and I decided to get it. Thankfully I was able to use it and get 3 x 25K bonus points and convert all those to Accor at 5:4. However, just as many of TFcians I closed the magnus before renewal.

After the magnus Devaluation I tried to get DCB upgraded to Infinia with axis magnus statements. But HDFC didn't budge.
Fast forward June 2024. One of my friends used my DCB to book honeymoon package and in July my father used DCB to buy gold worth around 5L. So finally I met one criteria of 7.5L spends in last 6 months. All thanks to my father and that friend. At that time my credit limit was below 6L. So still Infinia was not guaranteed.
I called had called my RM for something and he hiself said he can get me Infinia with some investments as I meet only one criteria of upgrade. Then I wrote to grievance redressal, Priority redressal and finally PNO but they stated that as per internal policies we can't issue Infinia. This time I wrote a strong mail to PNO stating that the policies need to be more transperant as someone with 0 spending gets pre approved credit limit enhancement from 3L to 8L and someone with credit limit as low as 3.4L gets Infinia.
Finally PNO agreed to upgrade DCB to Infinia and finally I can see the card upgrade has been approved 3 days ago.

Next mission is to make Infinia LTF.

HDFC is never transparent and their rules and clauses for Infinia is different to each person. I was with paid regalia gold with 13l limit for over 4 years and never bothered about smart buy or anything. When I got to know about infinia, I asked HDFC and I qualified the mentioned 2 criteria still they made a new point of salary has to be 3.5 laks. I told the RM to close the accounts as I’m moving to ICICI and in 2hrs he called back saying the infinia is approved fyf.

I got Infinia with only 6.8L limit on my Regalia card, even though I had only spent 1L in the last six months. I didn’t agree to make any investments and pushed my Relationship Manager to get it approved through higher-ups. They made some tweaks before sending my application to the Chennai office. One day, the card just showed up in my net banking. They can bend the rules if they want to; those internal policies seem more like just show offs.. 🤪🤪

There u go. Rules are different for each citizen.
I got Infinia with only 6.8L limit on my Regalia card, even though I had only spent 1L in the last six months. I didn’t agree to make any investments and pushed my Relationship Manager to get it approved through higher-ups. They made some tweaks before sending my application to the Chennai office. One day, the card just showed up in my net banking. They can bend the rules if they want to; those internal policies seem more like just show offs.. 🤪🤪

I got a job at a PSU in Sept 2018. At that time I was not aware about the credit card benefits.
In March 2019 I applied for my first HDFC credit card. At that time HDFC issued me a moneyback card with a limit of 25K. I was furious that the limit was 1/3rd of my salary. I asked them to increase the limit and give Regalia First at least. However they didn't budge. So I closed the card in frustration as I didn't want a card with such low credit limit.
After sometime I applied again and this time they issued me Regalia First with credit limit of around 1.3L. At that time smartbuy used to give 10x rewards on everything with no capping. At that time I first got to know about Infinia and DCB. I wanted the cards badly but non of my spendings, credit limit or salary matched the criteria. I kept using the Regalia first card which was eventually upgraded to Regalia after sometime.
Now in sometime around May 2022 my credit limit was finally above 5L. However, my college was not a part of the HDFC alumnus program. I kept begging for LTF DCB but HDFC didn't budge. Around Dec 2022, some HDFC agents came at our office and were providing DCB LTF as first card under alumni program. I was furious that despite being a 3 year old customer they were not giving me DCB LTF and my colleague who's salary is exactly same as mine were getting DCB LTF under the alumni program.
I wrote a series of mails to HDFC and successfully got DCB LTF. In March 2023 I finally got my hands on DCB LTF. However I was still missing the train of OG Magnus.
Till March 2023 I had never got a paid cards and I was more into LTF cards only. However the OG Magnus was great and I decided to get it. Thankfully I was able to use it and get 3 x 25K bonus points and convert all those to Accor at 5:4. However, just as many of TFcians I closed the magnus before renewal.

After the magnus Devaluation I tried to get DCB upgraded to Infinia with axis magnus statements. But HDFC didn't budge.
Fast forward June 2024. One of my friends used my DCB to book honeymoon package and in July my father used DCB to buy gold worth around 5L. So finally I met one criteria of 7.5L spends in last 6 months. All thanks to my father and that friend. At that time my credit limit was below 6L. So still Infinia was not guaranteed.
I called had called my RM for something and he hiself said he can get me Infinia with some investments as I meet only one criteria of upgrade. Then I wrote to grievance redressal, Priority redressal and finally PNO but they stated that as per internal policies we can't issue Infinia. This time I wrote a strong mail to PNO stating that the policies need to be more transperant as someone with 0 spending gets pre approved credit limit enhancement from 3L to 8L and someone with credit limit as low as 3.4L gets Infinia.
Finally PNO agreed to upgrade DCB to Infinia and finally I can see the card upgrade has been approved 3 days ago.

The progressive 5 yrs journey
Congratulations 🎊

Wow
Never heard of this
You have did it👍🎉

Inspiring bro 💪

I wrote a series of mails to HDFC and successfully got DCB LTF. In March 2023 I finally got my hands on DCB LTF.

Then I wrote to grievance redressal, Priority redressal and finally PNO but they stated that as per internal policies we can't issue Infinia. This time I wrote a strong mail to PNO stating that the policies need to be more transperant as someone with 0 spending gets pre approved credit limit enhancement from 3L to 8L and someone with credit limit as low as 3.4L gets Infinia.
Finally PNO agreed to upgrade DCB to Infinia
Can you elaborate what exactly did you write in these emails, on both occassions. The tone and content of the email is crucial I think.

Congratulations 🎉 for your new Infinia.

Inspiring story of patience 😉.

kindly share the both mail to PNO bhai, hum bhi usko humari situation ke hisab se edit karke bhejenge hdfc ko.

Bas ab koi koi din hi bacha hai, fir ek din @HumorSimpson will also write a story of getting Infinia LTF from moneyback. Congratulations in advance brother.:hehe:
No Way Smile GIF by Muffin & Nuts

Infinia is an MDC to me as my spend patterns don't fit in.

Back