• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

need help with tata neu infinity card (solved)

silly_putty

TF Premier
Screenshot_20230412-164656_Tata Neu.jpg hdfc my cards ss.png
i received my tata neu infinity card on 28th march and made quite a few transactions on it on both tata brands and non-tata brands and all of those are shown as unbilled in my cards statement. No statement is available there.

But on the app i can see dues of Rs 4204 without any statement and only posted neu coins for tata brand transactions on the app. So, i decided to check on IVR, where my dues were Rs 2021! I continued to talk to an executive but to my surprise, they just put my call on hold and hung up. I gave up on the third attempt and now dont know what to do.

I even faced problems in the IVR, as it didn't recognize the last 4 digits on my card and asks me to enter entire number to get transaction PIN. When i somehow managed to get an OTP, it simply rejected it and hung up, went to my nearest ATM and the situation was no different and ended up spending Rs 50 talking to automated call. Finally, threatened the customer rep to do it for free else I would not activate the card.

Edit: solved, hdfc bank provided written guarantee for no charges and all my transactions were clubbed with may month statement.

Attachments

• hdfc my cards ss.png
    hdfc my cards ss.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20230412-164656_Tata Neu.jpg
    Screenshot_20230412-164656_Tata Neu.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
View attachment 14056View attachment 14057
i received my tata neu infinity card on 28th march and made quite a few transactions on it on both tata brands and non-tata brands and all of those are shown as unbilled in my cards statement. No statement is available there.

But on the app i can see dues of Rs 4204 without any statement and only posted neu coins for tata brand transactions on the app. So, i decided to check on IVR, where my dues were Rs 2021! I continued to talk to an executive but to my surprise, they just put my call on hold and hung up. I gave up on the third attempt and now dont know what to do.

I even faced problems in the IVR, as it didn't recognize the last 4 digits on my card and asks me to enter entire number to get transaction PIN. When i somehow managed to get an OTP, it simply rejected it and hung up, went to my nearest ATM and the situation was no different and ended up spending Rs 50 talking to automated call. Finally, threatened the customer rep to do it for free else I would not activate the card.
No
Without statement it won’t show due amount and once u pay it will show zero
App bug i guess

Attachments

• 883C3338-3369-4AD0-ABE4-DECFAA45AA0E.jpeg
    883C3338-3369-4AD0-ABE4-DECFAA45AA0E.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 19
sent a mail to them, and attached above ss with it.

"To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction and frustration with the HDFC Bank credit card services. I have been facing multiple issues with my credit card since I received it on 28th March 2023. I would like to bring to your notice the following problems that I have encountered:

1. When I got the card on 28th March, the IVR did not recognise the last 4 digits of my card and asked me to enter the full number. After multiple attempts, when I got the OTP to set the transaction PIN, the IVR simply did not recognise it. I visited an ATM for the same and the ATM too denied to set the PIN. I lost Rs 60 just talking to IVR and 2 hours that day.
2. On the Tata Neu app, I see that my billed amount is Rs 4204, but http://mycards.hdfcbank.com shows all of my transactions till date as unbilled. On IVR, my billed amount was Rs 2021. This is very confusing and misleading as I do not know how much I have to pay and by when and this may as well hamper my Credit score.
3. I tried contacting the customer support for help, but they kept on hanging up the call while on hold and I do not want to call on the chargeable number again. This is very unprofessional and unacceptable as I have not received any assistance or clarification from your side.
4. I wish to know the total dues and plan to cancel the card as I do not feel like paying Rs 1499+GST as annual fees after receiving no support from the bank, and I never faced such issues with my AMEX card. I request you to waive off any charges or penalties that may be applicable due to these issues.

I hope you will take this matter seriously and resolve it at the earliest. Please acknowledge this letter and reply with the necessary information and action taken. You can contact me on my registered mobile number or email address."

This should be sufficient right?

sent a mail to them, and attached above ss with it.

"To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction and frustration with the HDFC Bank credit card services. I have been facing multiple issues with my credit card since I received it on 28th March 2023. I would like to bring to your notice the following problems that I have encountered:

1. When I got the card on 28th March, the IVR did not recognise the last 4 digits of my card and asked me to enter the full number. After multiple attempts, when I got the OTP to set the transaction PIN, the IVR simply did not recognise it. I visited an ATM for the same and the ATM too denied to set the PIN. I lost Rs 60 just talking to IVR and 2 hours that day.
2. On the Tata Neu app, I see that my billed amount is Rs 4204, but http://mycards.hdfcbank.com shows all of my transactions till date as unbilled. On IVR, my billed amount was Rs 2021. This is very confusing and misleading as I do not know how much I have to pay and by when and this may as well hamper my Credit score.
3. I tried contacting the customer support for help, but they kept on hanging up the call while on hold and I do not want to call on the chargeable number again. This is very unprofessional and unacceptable as I have not received any assistance or clarification from your side.
4. I wish to know the total dues and plan to cancel the card as I do not feel like paying Rs 1499+GST as annual fees after receiving no support from the bank, and I never faced such issues with my AMEX card. I request you to waive off any charges or penalties that may be applicable due to these issues.

I hope you will take this matter seriously and resolve it at the earliest. Please acknowledge this letter and reply with the necessary information and action taken. You can contact me on my registered mobile number or email address."

This should be sufficient right?
Yes it’s fine
They will go through and raise a ticket which will be shared to your mail for further tracking

got a call from them today, they asked me to wait for more 7 days, even though my due date is on 21st of april. The customer care said that i wouldn't be charged any interest in case they fail to send me a statement, but should i trust them?
You could’ve asked that guy to drop a mail to u
Which u can show them if charged overdue in future

As per TRAI individuals are not supposed to record or track calls, callers
So just keep it don’t produce anywhere
Unless you’re not charged for interest no need to produce proof so wait and see
thanks about informing about the recording rule, didnt knew it was against the law. Also they still havent replied yet so i paid all the dues. Got exams next week and dont want to waste my time with those idiots anymore.

You could’ve asked that guy to drop a mail to u
Which u can show them if charged overdue in future
My experience for last 3 yrs with hdfc, if they raise SR, they process reversals or not charge. They reversed debit card fees of 200rs and 500rs flor last 3 yrs after me calling csr every year after they charged. Of course they didn't reverse gst, I felt it is fine. I argue that i don't use their debit card at all either offline or online and demand them to issue virtual debit card, the capability they don't have currently.
On a separate front, I have written email to PNO and MD about the virtual debit card feature unavailability and credit card same numbering issue for both primary and add on card holder , awaiting their response

Back