• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Cashback SBI card launched!

pjain2712

TF Premier
Last edited:
Have a saving account with them, but no cc, Applied on Tuesday and had a verification slot for Wednesday no one has shown up so far, no msgs, no emails. Had one call stating the agent will come on Thursday, but no that didn't happen. I doubt we are getting any priority above the rest. Maybe no relations with SBI whatsoever are the ones enjoying all the attention.
I had a savings account with SBI but it is dormant since 2016.

Not sure I come in the category of "no relation whatsoever".

Just received this, so i need to call customer care for the limit transfer to my cashback card.

Dear Cardholder, your Application No. xxxxxxxxxxxxx for new SBI Credit Card has been processed. The new credit limit on your existing card is Rs. 250000, and the combined credit limit on both your cards is Rs. 260000. To check your eligibility for Credit Limit Increase.

Just received this, so i need to call customer care for the limit transfer to my cashback card.

Dear Cardholder, your Application No. xxxxxxxxxxxxx for new SBI Credit Card has been processed. The new credit limit on your existing card is Rs. 250000, and the combined credit limit on both your cards is Rs. 260000. To check your eligibility for Credit Limit Increase.
So your current limit was 260k and they deducted 10k for the cashback card right? I havent got card confirmation but seems mine is the same case too since the limit has been deducted by 10k. Technically its our total sanctioned limit and they cant stop us from having any limit combinations for both the cards.
Do share your experience once you manage to get it changed through CC

I applied on 1st September, Completed my vkyc on 7th September, got esign call same day and got 11 day sms on 9th and another 11 day sms on 10th. got another call asking my designation on 14th, and today I see in the app that my existing card limit has been reduced by 10000.

So can I assume that my card has been approved or there is still a chance of rejection?

Yes.
So your current limit was 260k and they deducted 10k for the cashback card right? I havent got card confirmation but seems mine is the same case too since the limit has been deducted by 10k. Technically its our total sanctioned limit and they cant stop us from having any limit combinations for both the cards.
Do share your experience once you manage to get it changed through CC

I applied on 1st September, Completed my vkyc on 7th September, got esign call same day and got 11 day sms on 9th and another 11 day sms on 10th. got another call asking my designation on 14th, and today I see in the app that my existing card limit has been reduced by 10000.

So can I assume that my card has been approved or there is still a chance of rejection?
Approved bro. Check from drop down where last 4 digits of current cards are shown. If you can see new card there.

I would like to believe that but knowing SBI one can never be sure till you get a confirmation/see the card added in your account . Hand toes fingers all crossed 🤞 ..hehe

So going by the above message, suppose you were to ask the customer care to close your existing card, wouldnt the entire limit be added to the cashback card automatically?

So going by the above message, suppose you were to ask the customer care to close your existing card, wouldnt the entire limit be added to the cashback card automatically?
Nah, I recently closed my ola money card, although its closed, updated in cibil and everything, but I still see it in my sbi card app and limit was not added to my existing card.

I can see this message when I click on get new card in my sbicard app. Did you also received this popup message?
Yes, i can still see that message even when my card is already dispatched. You might receive your new card details in sbi login in next 2-3 days.

Nah, I recently closed my ola money card, although its closed, updated in cibil and everything, but I still see it in my sbi card app and limit was not added to my existing card.
Hmm. Maybe sbi takes some time updating it and maybe it doesnt want you to reapply for another card (more than 3)before the time period. Also ola money is co branded so a a different category than cashback card. Also was credit limit deducted from ola card and added to your issued card is the question

Hmm. Maybe sbi takes some time updating it and maybe it doesnt want you to reapply for another card (more than 3)before the time period. Also ola money is co branded so a a different category than cashback card. Also was credit limit deducted from ola card and added to your issued card is the question
No it is deducted from the other card(IRCTC) which is again a co-branded card

Back