• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Cashback SBI card launched!

pjain2712

TF Premier
Last edited:

tuhin

TF Premier
This card has a catch of zero cashback on wallet load. Now, I have experienced many times (mainly on Axis CC) that few merchants are using Paytm or PhonePe or Payzapp PG but Credit Card Company is capturing such payment as wallet load hence they are denying cashback. I hope, a similar issue will be faced through this card also. Thanks

Nemesis

TF Premier
This card has a catch of zero cashback on wallet load. Now, I have experienced many times (mainly on Axis CC) that few merchants are using Paytm or PhonePe or Payzapp PG but Credit Card Company is capturing such payment as wallet load hence they are denying cashback. I hope, a similar issue will be faced through this card also. Thanks
They have shared the merchant codes... E wallet loading transactions identified under MCCs 6540 and 6541
First thing they will exclude is Gold purchases... next you need to fight for cashbacks, ecom restriction on sale events, slowly you get tired will move over to others. It's their masterstroke to capture customers who have moved to other banks for better reward rates.
They are playing bluff based on recent economic slowdown/recession... expense would be less... less cashback... earn Rs999 from who all can't reach fee wavier.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
They have shared the merchant codes... E wallet loading transactions identified under MCCs 6540 and 6541
First thing they will exclude is Gold purchases... next you need to fight for cashbacks, ecom restriction on sale events, slowly you get tired will move over to others. It's their masterstroke to capture customers who have moved to other banks for better reward rates.
They are playing bluff based on recent economic slowdown/recession... expense would be less... less cashback... earn Rs999 from who all can't reach fee wavier.
How about closing after 11 months.

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Most important point to note: 5% cashback not applicable on Utility Bill payments so this card cannot replace Axis ACE Card/Eterna card if someone looking to use SBI card for Bill Pay purpose.

Secondly I fear this card may get excluded during 10% discount offer on Flipkart/Amazon like ICICI do for Amazon Pay card and lately Axis also started excluding Flipkart Credit card from 10% discount offers for Axis cards on Flipkart.

Because 15% discount will never gonna be possible for long run else bank will not survive

Can one not buy amazon vouchers for 5% discount and use those for bill payments through Amazonpay? so that way 5% off on utility bill payments too

tuhin

TF Premier
Merchant code is applicable for all card vendors but I observed, that those who are excluding Wallet Load, are somehow exploiting customers when they are using Wallet PGs. I have a long conversation with Axis PNO & they admitted that Axis System is rejecting cashback when it reads such names as Paytm/PhonePe etc. Most of the vendors have designed their system in such a way that even after having a different MCode, they can exclude cashback easily from the name. Moreover, my experience says Axis & Indusind statements are pretty clear on earning rates. They mention each & every transaction but SBI CARD statements are pretty confusing, they mention total earned. Hence, I believe many people will suffer from this clause. SBI Card will follow the same malpractices that others are doing.