• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Cashback SBI card launched!

pjain2712

TF Premier
Last edited:
Dont worry.. Now things are getting stabilised with passing of sales... And card no more valid in sales instant discount.....

That makes sense, I just got a very long call verifying every single detail about my application. She said the next call will be from dispatch who'd explain about some 'card protection plan' and post that the card will be printed and dispatched to my location. She even asked what name should be printed on the card.

Does anyone know what this card protection plan is and is it worth taking it?

That makes sense, I just got a very long call verifying every single detail about my application. She said the next call will be from dispatch who'd explain about some 'card protection plan' and post that the card will be printed and dispatched to my location. She even asked what name should be printed on the card.

Does anyone know what this card protection plan is and is it worth taking it?
When did they offer customised names on the card :( :(

When did they offer customised names on the card :( :(
Yeah I was very surprised, I think she meant I could decide between just first name/last name or full name. I opted for the full name. I also asked her for credit limit for which she mentioned it depends on your Cibil score. Also asked for payslips and bank statements for the last 2 months. 🥲

I have a doubt, I was having IRCTC card before the Cashback card. If I close the IRCTC card now, will they transfer and add that credit limit to Cashback card?
I had also SBI Simply Click and IRCTC cards with 173000 Limit and were closed before Cashback Card. When Cashback Card was approved i was given Limit of Rs 73000

video kyc done
then received 2 calls the 2nd one being today
It was from the address verification team (as pe the person who called me)
The number starts with 044 (Chennai)

what are the next steps ?

This is the mail....
Nodalofficer@sbicard.com

The one u used is last resort
There is one more level up above pno
Customerservicehead@sbicard.com
But they all are useless. Sbi and axis are competing for worst customer service. My cashback card is blocked since 17 days saying suspicious activity. Still they haven't unblocked it after repeated calls and mail even after rbi complaint. Axis on the other hand are constantly giving wrong and less cashback on freecharge plus and airtel credit card. Both these banks are useless and worst

But they all are useless. Sbi and axis are competing for worst customer service. My cashback card is blocked since 17 days saying suspicious activity. Still they haven't unblocked it after repeated calls and mail even after rbi complaint. Axis on the other hand are constantly giving wrong and less cashback on freecharge plus and airtel credit card. Both these banks are useless and worst
I will wait till 17th oct.... The date given in email for the service request solution they have created for my issue... I can still see the status in tracking showing application in process

CIBIL 766, Tier 1 company yet physical happened
Well you may be out of luck. I was in touch with one the sbi agent and that's what he told me. I never had to give any documents for SBI card and the other hand my friend always had to give who earns more than 2lkh but a small private firm
How much did you spend and on which merchant that they blocked it?

Well you may be out of luck. I was in touch with one the sbi agent and that's what he told me. I never had to give any documents for SBI card and the other hand my friend always had to give who earns more than 2lkh but a small private firm

How much did you spend and on which merchant that they blocked it?
I got my card delivered within 2 weeks of my application 🤣 🤣
Card was issued on 16th after i applied on probably 6th

I got my card delivered within 2 weeks of my application 🤣 🤣
Card was issued on 16th after i applied on probably 6th
They have issued me the day I applied with a joke of 10k limit but I haven't clicked in generate card. They are calling and trying to make me click but I first thought maybe will switch limits but now with so many people getting their card blocked I am thinking not to risk it. Stupid Sbi!

They have issued me the day I applied with a joke of 10k limit but I haven't clicked in generate card. They are calling and trying to make me click but I first thought maybe will switch limits but now with so many people getting their card blocked I am thinking not to risk it. Stupid Sbi!
Blocked by doing transactions?

I got it unblocked within 5 minutes

Blocked by doing transactions?

I got it unblocked within 5 minutes
I also changed the registered mobile number as soon as the card was generated online. After that did 3 transactions smoothly. On 4 th high value transaction on amazon about 15 days after receiving card it got blocked saying suspicious activity. Their software has some problem in which if it gets blocked and you've also changed your registered number same month they can't unblock it. I've complained to rbi too. Still they can't unblock. Saying we are working on it

Applied - September 1

video kyc complete Oct 3
Verification call 1 complete -Oct 5

Oct 9 -Sunday 11 days message
Oct 10 Monday - again 11 days message
Oct 11 -Tuesday - call from address verification team

No messages for last 2 days

any idea what could be the next steps?

Last edited:
Back