• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

NO REWARD POINTS ON HDFC BILLPAY DIRECTLY- RENTALBBPSNO

One of the Main Problems with This BBPS bill system I’m facing is: they’re not allowing to pay more than the Bill Amount even for CC’s, i have a habit of clearing all the outstanding Amount not Just Generated Bill Amount, whenever i decide to pay the bill, otherwise i may spend the money for something else, so in order to keep that in check, i pay all the outstanding Amount(only way is to pay via hdfc app or net banking & they won’t allow DC PAYMENTS FOR HDFC CARDS)
You can use cred and pay more na cos it uses imps method

Just tried multiple transactions for my SBI Cashback and SimplyClick with PLat DC in HDFC app. I can confirm all the transaction SMSs were labelled with BBPSBILLPAY. I cannot comment on RPs because I just paid but yes, SBI is now BBPSBILLPAY

Just tried multiple transactions for my SBI Cashback and SimplyClick with PLat DC in HDFC app. I can confirm all the transaction SMSs were labelled with BBPSBILLPAY. I cannot comment on RPs because I just paid but yes, SBI is now BBPSBILLPAY
You will get 1% cashback points in this case.

I can confirm the same, did 3-4 transaction. All of them showed as "BBPSBILLPAY" @SSV would you be able to edit the table?

I will pay Axis CC bill tomorrow and revert back if it shows the same as well.

I don't have SC cards, someone else has to try it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSV

I can confirm the same, did 3-4 transaction. All of them showed as "BBPSBILLPAY" @SSV would you be able to edit the table?

I don't have SC cards, someone has to try it.
Okay , I changed for SBI cards - BBPSBILLPAY - Y ..
Is this correct?

Thanks. Just paid 100 rs to SBI CB card using Platinum DC on HDFC app. Got the BBPSBILLPAY merchant name :)

Thanks. Just paid 100 rs to SBI CB card using Platinum DC on HDFC app. Got the BBPSBILLPAY merchant name :)
Means, in future they might change this code for AXIS also.. which means we may get CB for AXIS cards as well.. Lets see.

I don't have SC cards, someone else has to try it.
Yay!! SC bill payment also showing HDFCBILLPAY merchant name now.

Yay!! SC bill payment also showing HDFCBILLPAY merchant name now.
so that means AXIS is pending.. I strongly believe AXIS will also work in the very near future...

It seems some junior developer fcucked up the coding part for SC, AXIS and SBI before.. not they are rectifying it..

Last edited:
so that means AXIS is pending.. I strongly believe AXIS also works in very future...

It seems some junior developer fcucked the coding part for SC, AXIS and SBI before.. not they are rectifying it..
Maybe they found out that people will use other apps if they don't give points

• Haha
so that means AXIS is pending.. I strongly believe AXIS will also work in the very near future...

It seems some junior developer fcucked up the coding part for SC, AXIS and SBI before.. not they are rectifying it..
Congratulations Axis also fixed. Showing BBPSBILLPAY. Just Tried.

NOW SAFE TO SAY -

YOU CAN PAY ANY CC BILL WITH HDFC BILLPAY TO GET 1% WITH HDFC PLATINUM DEBIT CARD.
So, now all the banks CC payments are giving the RPs on HDFC Bill Pay using HDFC Platinum DC ..

Excellent..

so it all ended up like Storm in the Tea Cup.. and this thread ran into 20 pages literally for nothing or because of some junior IT resource mess up...

Back to the normal guys...

thanks for the confirmation @harshgupta940 1!

Last edited:
I think the problem with sbi and axis are not asking phone number and last 4 digits of cc in hdfc bill pay where as for other bank cards its like this which is the bbps std way. Seems some problem in axis n sbi inclusion to bbps

Did anyone of you follow up issue with HDFC regarding RENTALBBPS of SBI, Axis? Is there any chance that HDFC considers the case and credit points for this fiasco?

I too got the SMS so I registered Axis IndianOil card on BBPS on HDFC Billpay portal and tried to make the payment through HDFC Platinum Debit Card. And I got this ☹️

View attachment 63638
This is working now! I was able to add Axis Bank cards again and make payment using Platinum DC. I received the BBPSBILLPAY response and the amount was credited immediately. Waiting for the points now.

Did anyone of you follow up issue with HDFC regarding RENTALBBPS of SBI, Axis? Is there any chance that HDFC considers the case and credit points for this fiasco?
I afraid HDFC will surely consider the case, if someone raise this issue and will stop rewards on all credit card payment in future. :(

Back