• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Non BBPS payments via 3rd party apps to be stopped by RBI forcing all banks to register as BBPS billers

RBI has directed all CC payments to be made using BBPS only.

3rd party apps to stop non bbps card payments from 1st July onwards.

Banks who are not registered as a BBPS biller have been given time till 30th June but 90 days extension has been sought from RBI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
I'm glad you understood the issue I reported. I quoted my previous post in the follow-up one to provide context, but it seems people missed it, making my follow-up post sound hilarious.:face-with-tears-of-joy:
I can understand and relate to your situation. It must be frustrating to see that total amount being not reduced even after paying CC bill like usual. But like others said your statement has credit entry and before all these online portal was made available, people used to just see bill amount and pay it. Until next statement you wouldn't have been able to see the total due being reduced.

Anyways give it a couple of days or more for them to automatically fix it

I can understand and relate to your situation. It must be frustrating to see that total amount being not reduced even after paying CC bill like usual. But like others said your statement has credit entry and before all these online portal was made available people used to just see bill amount and pay it. Until next statement you wouldn't have been able to see the total due being reduced.

Anyways give it a couple of days or more for them to automatically fix it
I do understand, and I'm not even worried about it, since the available credit limit has already been adjusted correctly after the bill payment.

Hilariously, just last month, I experienced a similar issue with my dad's ICICI credit card. I paid his bill on Amazon (Was around ₹2,000), and after it started reflecting in the current statement (As "Amazon"), neither the "Total Amount Due" was adjusted nor the "Available credit limit" did. Only the "Outstanding amount" was adjusted. However, after four days, both "Total Amount Due" and "Available credit limit" were adjusted automatically.:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Now we can't pay any amount on SBI Unipay until bill is generated for HDFC CC. Few days back, I paid small amounts of Rs. 2000 & Rs. 1500 to check for DC rewards but now it says no bill due for the period.

Now we can't pay any amount on SBI Unipay until bill is generated for HDFC CC. Few days back, I paid small amounts of Rs. 2000 & Rs. 1500 to check for DC rewards but now it says no bill due for the period.
This is because HDFC is now Live BBPS and Unipay pays via BBPS if the biller is Live on BBPS. I am able to fetch my DCB bill via BBPS on BHIM

I paid 1k for HDFC CC (BBPS) on SBI Unipay. Did not receive any SMS from HDFC neither it was showing any entry in the statement. After few minutes outstanding amount was adjusted. Again fetched the bill on SBI Unipay and net payable amount was also adjusted by 1k.

So, it's working now, go ahead and use it.

Edit: Paid the remaining amount (full) and this time received SMS from HDFC right away.

Last edited:
What is the effective % returns on IDFC wealth? I see that above 20K, they charge 1% fee.

Have to pay bill of 2.7 lakhs.

anybody tried hdfc cc payment on sbi unipay after hdfc bbps listing? payment credits instanly or not?

Last edited:
Why bbps do not fetch decimal points? My HDFC millenia bill was 10300.20. it fetched 10300. I paid via jiofinance. Will I be charged penalty for .20?

Why bbps do not fetch decimal points? My HDFC millenia bill was 10300.20. it fetched 10300. I paid via jiofinance. Will I be charged penalty for .20?
You can check in hdfc app, if the total due amount after the settlement is zero, you are good. Usually hdfc rounds it so should be no issue.

What if they don't allow us to pay the custom amount or extra payment? 😐

Bagaawat karenge, vote se.

We shall retaliate with our vote.

We should always be free and allowed to make custom payments including extra payments to our cards (not for trying to avail extra limits, though). It is our choice and not a matter of concern for anyone. How we pay, that should rightly be their concern, and they’ve addressed that by limiting cash payments. That’s all they need to do. Nothing more.

Last edited:
What if they don't allow us to pay the custom amount or extra payment? 😐
Custom amount payment upto total amount due should be possible. In fact they (Banks) want you to pay less than total amount so that they can charge interest.

You are not supposed to make extra amount payment for higher credit limit, as it is against TnC

Bagaawat karenge, vote se.

We shall retaliate with our vote.

We should always be free and allowed to make custom payments including extra payments to our cards (not for trying to avail extra limits, though). It is our choice and not a matter of concern for anyone. How we pay, that should rightly be their concern, and they’ve addressed that by limiting cash payments. That’s all they need to do. Nothing more.
For such kind of logics, I always reply one thing. Have your own Financial System. Get it registered with Supreme Court Intervention. Open a bank. Issue Credit Cards and allow excess payment as much you want. For you it may sound nothing but over payments in Credit card is a big headache for banks and RBI knows it who gets reported all data. The overpaid funds or credit funds can't be allowed as normal dues and need special system to deal with. Although banks done it but it started created problem for them and they had to get rid of it. RBI is just a head over banks. These steps were suggested by banks themselves at meeting. My father retired as a banker from SBI and he knows it better than anyone else here. Aam Janta want to do whatever they want, they never go deep into consequences of something. Just for you to enjoy rewards that is also you are trying to exploit from bank itself, they can't allow everyone to do that. It needed to be stopped and rightly so. Due to non-genuine payments getting rewards, those who spending genuinely and paying dues within limits are suffering with devaluations.

Back