• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Non BBPS payments via 3rd party apps to be stopped by RBI forcing all banks to register as BBPS billers

RBI has directed all CC payments to be made using BBPS only.

3rd party apps to stop non bbps card payments from 1st July onwards.

Banks who are not registered as a BBPS biller have been given time till 30th June but 90 days extension has been sought from RBI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
For such kind of logics, I always reply one thing. Have your own Financial System. Get it registered with Supreme Court Intervention. Open a bank. Issue Credit Cards and allow excess payment as much you want. For you it may sound nothing but over payments in Credit card is a big headache for banks and RBI knows it who gets reported all data. The overpaid funds or credit funds can't be allowed as normal dues and need special system to deal with. Although banks done it but it started created problem for them and they had to get rid of it. RBI is just a head over banks. These steps were suggested by banks themselves at meeting. My father retired as a banker from SBI and he knows it better than anyone else here. Aam Janta want to do whatever they want, they never go deep into consequences of something. Just for you to enjoy rewards that is also you are trying to exploit from bank itself, they can't allow everyone to do that. It needed to be stopped and rightly so. Due to non-genuine payments getting rewards, those who spending genuinely and paying dues within limits are suffering with devaluations.

I should probably have clarified further. I am not a proponent of extra payments for gaining an extra credit limit and thinking they should earn rewards, but I completely understand if someone wants to make advance payments for whatever reason. That flexibility must be there. If it is a headache right now, the correct thing is to fix it in the system, not restrict customers from making advance payments.

I, again, wholeheartedly agree with that that extra payments in hope of using the card over and above their specified limit is wrong. It increases risks. But, in the spirit of advance payments, I get it.

How are we going to differentiate between extra payments and advance payments? First, not my concern, I am paying my taxes for the lazy cabinet and the ever-stressed RBI to figure it out. But, since I am a citizen nonetheless, my opinion is that we must educate people and then simply trust them. Values need to be inculcated, and it will take time, but can be done, even in such a large population as we are.

Last edited:
Just for you to enjoy rewards that is also you are trying to exploit from bank itself, they can't allow everyone to do that. It needed to be stopped and rightly so. Due to non-genuine payments getting rewards, those who spending genuinely and paying dues within limits are suffering with devaluations.

If you are using 'you' in the general sense, I agree. But in case you are saying that to me, I never said that is my intention. In fact, I specifically said that making extra payments for rewards is wrong.

If you are using 'you' in the general sense, I agree. But in case you are saying that to me, I never said that is my intention. In fact, I specifically said that making extra payments for rewards is wrong.
Here by you I meant people as general with such intent although I am not saying intent is wrong as this is your own money and how you use it should not be dictated by Govt, RBI or IT Dept. I understand that sometimes these people give mental agony to people just because they don't understand things themselves and if someone else is using their brain, they don't like it. It is an unfortunate state of this country where People in different departments are expected to handle things that don't belong to them. So a stressed out authority will give stress to people to shift load from them or lighten their own burden. Nothing against you brother. I am just like you. An aam aadmi but try to simply my life with my own efforts because I know Govt can't do everything and we need to help out by educating outselves.

But another part is, if we are using something the onus of fulfilling things with it rely on us.

I share with you a stroy. Few days back I was at bank. A senior citizen came and asked the bank that why is my savings Interest not showing in 26AS. The attendant at bank explained him that only deposit interest is shown in 26AS and not savings. Savings interest is furnished in AIS. But he just asked them to do their duty and submit it to tax department so it appears in 26AS so that he don't have to go through any kind of mismatch thing. 4-5 employees shown every circular pertaining to it but then he started shouting at them and how illiterate branch staff is.

Here even branch staff was not fully aware of the facts. So I made him sit down with me and started explaining while others bankers incl. manager was listening. I told him that a 26AS is a TDS reconcilation form where only those transactions where Tax is deducted at source is furnished or where fixed deposit with 15G/H submitted is shown. If interest is less than 40000 (50K for senior citizens), banks don't deduct TDS or don't even need to provide info, for 26AS. It only furnishes in AIS and you don't have to worry. There is no TDS deducted on your savings interest and no matter how much interest is given even if Saving interest is 5 Lakh, even then TDS won't be deducted as TDS is for Term Deposit only with yearly interest in one bank 50K or more. This was a 15 minute lesson and he went with satisfaction because I explained every law pertaining to it. He was himself in darkness but blaming others. Same way we blame others for our own darkness. Here most people in India expect Govt to do duties that actually relies on us.

We should be thankful that banks are doing stuff at their own end else we have to went through every single thing to report things which would make our lives miserable. 90% of work that relies on us is actually getting done by department itself and trust me they don't even get extra pay for it like in case of senior citizens, RBI asked banks to provide them doorstep banking and they are paying for petrol and other charges from their own pockets as doorstep banking is free or with minimal charges.

This is one such scenario but everyday we remain thankless for things that we can't see and only the day we have to collect everything on own we get to know how good of a job others are doing for many many people without getting anything in return. We Indians should have to learn that we can't get every services without paying a small price for it. I am thankful that From Internet banking to fund transfers, most carry no charges and other places also where infra cost is getting bear by business providers themselves. Just for a day you go to other developed countries and you will find although pay is more but people are spending more on things which are free here.

Here people start bashing banks even if ttheir system goes down for 30 mins. A simple holiday and everyone thinks banks should work on Sunday also whereas in other countries 4 day working has started and people aren't bashing Govt for more holidays. So if departments are stressed here, we should be thankful that they are giving their lifetimes in it which they would have enjoyed. During demonetisiation, my own people worked till 2-3AM everyday and they don't get a single penny for extra hours whereas in other countries even for 30 mins more you get paid. We are a big and highly populated country and everyone of us including you and me are sacrificng things so that others can get to live too.

As I said, we need education first and foremost.

In your story, if the person were educated/ informed enough about the matter, they would not have come to the bank and lambast the personnel.

Departments are stressed out. But, again, we have youth ready to start working. Why are they not getting/ being given the jobs that would then lighten the load of those departments and institutions? That is a different discussion altogether.

Also, using scale as a crutch for mediocrity and lack of streamlining is a slippery slope.

I completely understand what you are saying and/ or trying to say. As responsible people we understand and give leeway. We never shout at people and show due patience and understanding.

But, should we have to? Do those very people/ institutions show us any understanding? Can I expect the Income Tax department to understand why I cannot pay my tax this year? Or, will the bank give me a loan if I tell them I am out of a job and need money to sustain myself for 6 months, in which period I might be able to find a job and start paying?

What we are witnessing in the public is latent anger towards a lot of things. It is not that the people would mind being responsible. It is that people are being shortchanged from all directions, and not given a rope to hold on to. If the quality of life were to be made better, people would become happier and more content.

As I said, we need education first and foremost.

In your story, if the person were educated/ informed enough about the matter, they would not have come to the bank and lambast the personnel.

Departments are stressed out. But, again, we have youth ready to start working. Why are they not getting/ being given the jobs that would then lighten the load of those departments and institutions? That is a different discussion altogether.

Also, using scale as a crutch for mediocrity and lack of streamlining is a slippery slope.

I completely understand what you are saying and/ or trying to say. As responsible people we understand and give leeway. We never shout at people and show due patience and understanding.

But, should we have to? Do those very people/ institutions show us any understanding? Can I expect the Income Tax department to understand why I cannot pay my tax this year? Or, will the bank give me a loan if I tell them I am out of a job and need money to sustain myself for 6 months, in which period I might be able to find a job and start paying?

What we are witnessing in the public is latent anger towards a lot of things. It is not that the people would mind being responsible. It is that people are being shortchanged from all directions, and not given a rope to hold on to. If the quality of life were to be made better, people would become happier and more content.
before the thread spirals by other capitalists, i would like to mention that this is the best comment I've read on TF so far. really appreciate your viewpoint.

People of this country often forget that India is a poor country. The leaders are elected mostly by poor population. The rich are so rich than govt can't hurt them and poors are so poor that they are living on welfare. The emerging middle class is luxury compared to the poors so anything remotely luxurious compared to the life of a underprivileged will be taxed and hindered in every way possible by the people's govt as it is presumed that you can sustain it. Either wait for everyone's life to become better or fly away to some place where most of them are of your standard.

Does paying Axis Bill through HDFC Billpay still works?
Wait for few days more. Some banks are having problem with this BBPS shift while others are working fine like HDFC/SBI from Unipay or BHIM app, Jio Finance etc.. This will sort in next 7-14 days max. After your post I tried my Axis card payment but shows no bill due while bill generated already. All cards which were added at HDFC Billpay before were removed. So I re-add them last week. Same thing at Unipay. Problem is with BBPS integration actually not payment sites. Axis is yet to move to BBPS.

People of this country often forget that India is a poor country.

Nobody is forgetting anything. My opinion is that we are NOT a poor country. We are a country of poorly motivated.

The leaders are elected mostly by poor population.

Not too sure about that. How the leaders are being elected now is hotly contested.

The rich are so rich than govt can't hurt them and poors are so poor that they are living on welfare.

The power of either is being misunderstood. What will the rich do if the government introduces something they don’t want - pack up and leave? And, the poor are living on welfare not because they are poor. It’s because they don’t have jobs to earn a sustenance and lift themselves out of poverty.

The emerging middle class is luxury compared to the poors so anything remotely luxurious compared to the life of a underprivileged will be taxed and hindered in every way possible by the people's govt as it is presumed that you can sustain it.

Then it is not people’s government, is it? The rich are facilitated to get richer through customised policies and interventions while the middle class taxed and driven downwards through various means.

Either wait for everyone's life to become better or fly away to some place where most of them are of your standard.

Not even sure how to dignify this remark.

All cards which were added at HDFC Billpay before were removed.

Saw similarly. Out of the blue, I figured some cards are missing. Re-added them just few days ago. Bank didn’t even inform, if I’m not wrong, that we’ll be cleaning up your BillPay and you need to re-add. 🥲

Not taking any chance with HDFC, I have deleted all billers on my own - when they announced their 13JUL maintenance shutdown.

I will add my cards n billers only next month. Hopefully, by then, their systems would be in a fairly dependable status.

.... All cards which were added at HDFC Billpay before were removed. ..... Axis is yet to move to BBPS.

... Except cards from banks already on BBPS (e.g. IndusInd). ... And Axis, for some reason, was still there!

The surprising thing was, my payment to Axis also got credited instantly this time, same as for IndusInd!

Can someone confirm as to what happens to OneCard payments after the BBPS mandate? Mine is issued by Federal Bank and it is currently payable through CheQ but Federal Bank which is active on BBPS, when I enter the card details it shows an error, as in it is not recognised as a federal bank card.

Even for discount offers it is considered as OneCard only, but when I try to apply for a federal Bank CC it says I'm not eligible since I already hold a Federal card.

Can someone confirm as to what happens to OneCard payments after the BBPS mandate? Mine is issued by Federal Bank and it is currently payable through CheQ but Federal Bank which is active on BBPS, when I enter the card details it shows an error, as in it is not recognised as a federal bank card.
you can pay via onecard app, cred, cheq etc
but when I try to apply for a federal Bank CC it says I'm not eligible since I already hold a Federal card.
federal bank has only one card policy.

Back