• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Non BBPS payments via 3rd party apps to be stopped by RBI forcing all banks to register as BBPS billers

RBI has directed all CC payments to be made using BBPS only.

3rd party apps to stop non bbps card payments from 1st July onwards.

Banks who are not registered as a BBPS biller have been given time till 30th June but 90 days extension has been sought from RBI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
... Except cards from banks already on BBPS (e.g. IndusInd). ... And Axis, for some reason, was still there!

The surprising thing was, my payment to Axis also got credited instantly this time, same as for IndusInd!
Yup, Mine too. Just paid my bill. And it settled instantly.

Wait 2-3 working days... Its not even 1 working day yet.
Spot on. People these days look that everything should be instant like a magic. Even magic takes time to happen. Why 2-3 days... Even if he gets it after a week, what is the problem? Why so impatience.

Opinion (not to be treated as reply): I don't know why, people especially so called Gen Z are so impatient? Do they know somewhere they gonna die sooner than other? I mean what is there to be so much in hurry. Atleast millenials learnt every good thing from previous generations but these clueless and having no common sense are a load on society. Youngsters working anywhere is a threat everywhere. All they have is attitude.

Wherever I go, once a youngster arrives and start barking his uncooked knowledge, people laughs at them. Their life is like they just look at the cover of book, turn some pages and start thinking they know everything. Having knowledge and hands on experience with real world problems is completely different. Somhow by passing exams people in age 23-28 are getting good posts and salary but they can never justify it due to lack of experience which one gains only with time. Being from Millenial gen, I know better how to deal as we learnt it from our previous gens although my grandfather and father were doubtful of us but millenials proved them wrong. The doubt they had on us becomes reality for today Gen Z who has no respect whatsoever for others, no patience and hell lot of attitude problem and think that people coming for work are actually illiterate enough that they can't do their jobs.

Spot on. People these days look that everything should be instant like a magic. Even magic takes time to happen. Why 2-3 days... Even if he gets it after a week, what is the problem? Why so impatience.

Opinion (not to be treated as reply): I don't know why, people especially so called Gen Z are so impatient? Do they know somewhere they gonna die sooner than other? I mean what is there to be so much in hurry. Atleast millenials learnt every good thing from previous generations but these clueless and having no common sense are a load on society. Youngsters working anywhere is a threat everywhere. All they have is attitude.

Wherever I go, once a youngster arrives and start barking his uncooked knowledge, people laughs at them. Their life is like they just look at the cover of book, turn some pages and start thinking they know everything. Having knowledge and hands on experience with real world problems is completely different. Somhow by passing exams people in age 23-28 are getting good posts and salary but they can never justify it due to lack of experience which one gains only with time. Being from Millenial gen, I know better how to deal as we learnt it from our previous gens although my grandfather and father were doubtful of us but millenials proved them wrong. The doubt they had on us becomes reality for today Gen Z who has no respect whatsoever for others, no patience and hell lot of attitude problem and think that people coming for work are actually illiterate enough that they can't do their jobs.
Very well written! and yes! It has been few occasions where it took around 1 week and I was completely fine with it 😅 since we are at least getting something off.

Today I checked on BBPS website that Hdfc bank is live with them, so I did my bill payment with Cred. It said the settlement was done. But I did not receive any notification form hdfc stating the same. Anyone else faced this? Should I have not done through Cred?
I think Cred is still not using BBPS. Do you get any BBPS ID ?

Will check for this.
Don't worry. The credit txn do not reflect in statement instantly. In case of SBI it does show on Yono or SBI Card app but settles on 2nd/3rd day but not with other banks. Mostly it gets reflected next working day or 3rd day. We all confirm txn by looking at card limits. If it increases means payment is received by bank else we wait 3 working days mandatory before pushing Panic button and start with all guns blazing. :ROFLMAO: Till now I haven't faced any issue with HDFC Billpay or SBI Unipay. Tried Canara Bank setu BBPS today and it was instant too but login is mandatory in it.

Same thing, different routes. Can anyone confirm whether Canara Bank Setu also has MCC 4900 like SBI Unipay?

Back