• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Non BBPS payments via 3rd party apps to be stopped by RBI forcing all banks to register as BBPS billers

RBI has directed all CC payments to be made using BBPS only.

3rd party apps to stop non bbps card payments from 1st July onwards.

Banks who are not registered as a BBPS biller have been given time till 30th June but 90 days extension has been sought from RBI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Don't worry. The credit txn do not reflect in statement instantly. In case of SBI it does show on Yono or SBI Card app but settles on 2nd/3rd day but not with other banks. Mostly it gets reflected next working day or 3rd day. We all confirm txn by looking at card limits. If it increases means payment is received by bank else we wait 3 working days mandatory before pushing Panic button and start with all guns blazing. :ROFLMAO: Till now I haven't faced any issue with HDFC Billpay or SBI Unipay. Tried Canara Bank setu BBPS today and it was instant too but login is mandatory in it.

Same thing, different routes. Can anyone confirm whether Canara Bank Setu also has MCC 4900 like SBI Unipay?
Last time i checked Canara Bank Setu was Utility category. No idea if any changes.

MCC master @VISHESH_BANSAL ne bhi shayad confirm kiya tha.

The transition is problematic but I am happy to see bills for HDFC or ICICI instantly credited. It's a huge convenience. The only problem is certain websites like Unipay not allowing editing of bill amount for certain credit cards.

The transition is problematic but I am happy to see bills for HDFC or ICICI instantly credited. It's a huge convenience. The only problem is certain websites like Unipay not allowing editing of bill amount for certain credit cards.
I think its not due to billpay portals. Banks are to be blamed on this.

I think its not due to billpay portals. Banks are to be blamed on this.
It is due to Unipay as for the same banks, other apps are allowing editing of amount and Unipay itself allowed until a few months ago but some bonehead closed it for a few banks. I have a friend who works in SBI and he visited that Unipay team's building and saw that the people building it basically were amateur n00bs without much experience and did zero testing. Need I remind you how unreliable it was too at the beginning? Basically any project begins like this only in SBI according to my friend - as a public experiment where bugs are eventually fixed and features added to make it usable.

It is due to Unipay as for the same banks, other apps are allowing editing of amount and Unipay itself allowed until a few months ago but some bonehead closed it for a few banks. I have a friend who works in SBI and he visited that Unipay team's building and saw that the people building it basically were amateur n00bs without much experience and did zero testing. Need I remind you how unreliable it was too at the beginning? Basically any project begins like this only in SBI according to my friend - as a public experiment where bugs are eventually fixed and features added to make it usable.
Really shocking knowing all these.

For e.g: Kotak 😐

Paid Credit Card Bill Through AIRTEL THANKS App

Transaction Is Successful But Not Credited To Card Yet , Normally It's Instant

Paid 2 Days Back

Any One Faced This Issue ?

How To Contact AIRTEL THANKS APP Customer Care

Last edited:
Back