• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Offline account opening experience in icici and axis.... On same day

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I recently posted a Thread

It got a world record response of 4 comments... 😁 Today I went for account opening in rural branch of my city in both icici and axis

First I visited Icici bank... My experience there...

I asked for opening of regular savings account.... Which has a MAB of 2000 only... The executive denied that such account even exist... 🙃🙃... He said that minimum account to open account in icici is 50000 deposit and 10000 MAB from april 1 which is not true....

In rural branches mostly non tech savy people go to open account and this is the way these executives are making fool of people.....I have complained regarding my experience on twitter... Lets see what response I get....

I had similar experience in sbi.. Complained on twitter... The branch manager personally called me after the complaint.. Opened my account... And even offered sweets and tea... 😋

Secondly went to axis bank nearby which was also a rural branch....usually axis is more bashed in online space than icici for their services.... But to my surprise... The executive politely listened to my request... I requested for easy access account with 2500 MAB as per rural location....

He quickly started the process... Within 20 minutes... My account was ready to go with welcome kit in my hand.... No question of why trying to open account in rural branch.... Despite Having an address of urban location of same city.........

Last edited:

It got a world record response of 4 comments... 😁 Today I went for account opening in rural branch of my city in both icici and axis

I asked for opening of regular savings account.... Which has a MAB of 2000 only... The executive denied that such account even exist... 🙃🙃... He said that minimum account to open account in icici is 50000 deposit and 10000 MAB from april 1 which is not true....

In rural branches mostly non tech savy people go to open account and this is the way these executives are making fool of people.....I have complained regarding my experience on twitter... Lets see what response I get....

I had similar experience in sbi.. Complained on twitter... The branch manager personally called me after the complaint.. Opened my account... And even offered sweets and tea... 😋

Secondly went to axis bank nearby which was also a rural branch....usually axis is more bashed in online space than icici for their services.... But to my surprise... The executive politely listened to my request... I requested for easy access account with 2500 MAB as per rural location....

He quickly started the process... Within 20 minutes... My account was ready to go with welcome kit in my hand.... No question of why trying to open account in rural branch.... Despite Having an address of urban location of same city.........
Chai and Sweets 😜😜

Yes same happened with me in icici bank i went to open bank account last year in july i guess the first time i visited just for the enquiry and to know basic things there was one lady executive she said you need to do 10 k inital deposit i said okay and came back home . Then again i went to the bank for opening account now i met with another executive he said now 50 k initial deposit is required. So i came back home. Then again i went to the bank met the same lady she opened my account with 10 k inital deposit 😂😂😂. It took me almost 1 or 1.5 month to open account in icici 😂 everytime i went initial deposit started increasing

Told you so, ICICI people borderline scam, I had similar experience just after lockdown in 2020. They straight away denied existence of Insta save FD product. They wanted me to deposit huge sum. And fyi, I live in one of the largest cities in the country, so it was not case of fooling someone who might not know about it, I was even carrying screen shot of their webpage on phone, but they still denied it.

Unless you are a savvy person, its best to avoid ICICI.

GREAT EXPERIENCE...

I approached a nearby ICICI branch (semi-urban) to open a savings account and they said I need to make a initial deposit of 50k to start a 10k MAB account and I can withdraw 40k once the account is opened!! and my 50K will stay with them till account is opened. Not sure if this is the new norm. I think I will try Axis bank or HDFC

Yes same happened with me in icici bank i went to open bank account last year in july i guess the first time i visited just for the enquiry and to know basic things there was one lady executive she said you need to do 10 k inital deposit i said okay and came back go. Then again i went to the bank for opening account now i met with another executive he said now 50 k initial deposit is required. So i came back home. Then again i went to the bank met the same lady she opened my account with 10 k inital deposit 😂😂😂. It took me almost 1 or 1.5 month to open account in icici 😂 everytime i went initial deposit started increasing

I approached a nearby ICICI branch (semi-urban) to open a savings account and they said I need to make a initial deposit of 50k to start a 10k MAB account and I can withdraw 40k once the account is opened!! and my 50K will stay with them till account is opened. Not sure if this is the new norm. I think I will try Axis bank or HDFC
Yes you can withdraw the rest 40k amount after account is opened my account is opened within a week because of some bank holidays at that time. If your mab is 10k i guess you can withdraw rest of the money after your account is opened 🥰

Yes you can withdraw the rest 40k amount after account is opened my account is opened within a week because of some bank holidays at that time. If your mab is 10k i guess you can withdraw rest of the money after your account is opened 🥰
Yes... That might be for INSTA save account..it has fixed 10000 mab.. Irrespective of type of branch...I wanted to open... Regular savings account.... And that too.. In rural branch.... There MAB is 2000....and debit card charge is 149 plus gst.... Initial deposit shudnt be more than 2500......

Yes... That might be for INSTA save account..it has fixed 10000 mab.. Irrespective of type of branch...I wanted to open... Regular savings account.... And that too.. In rural branch.... There MAB is 2000....and debit card charge is 149 plus gst.... Initial deposit shudnt be more than 2500......
What is the debit card charges for Axis bank rural account that you opened?

It is same irrespective of location of branch....... I got easy secure plus card... 200rs issuance... And 300rs plus gst... Yearly charges.... Axis bank debit card rate is very high.... But still less than indusind bank

Update.--- After complaint on twitter...... The branch manager... Personally called... And opened.... The regular savings account.. 2000 Mab.... 150 rs debit card charges.....

I got to know from the peon.. The manager got scolded very badly by the higher ups........

So yes... Social media escalation works....

Chai, sweets in SBI, you should consider yourself privileged. Looks like next time I have to visit SBI, I have to login to my twitter account first and then stand in queue. ;)

Told you so, ICICI people borderline scam, I had similar experience just after lockdown in 2020. They straight away denied existence of Insta save FD product. They wanted me to deposit huge sum. And fyi, I live in one of the largest cities in the country, so it was not case of fooling someone who might not know about it, I was even carrying screen shot of their webpage on phone, but they still denied it.

Unless you are a savvy person, its best to avoid ICICI.
True, ICICI is in fact borderline scam in terms of banking, loans, insurance etc. This 50k thing happened with me too. Behala -> Shakuntala Park Branch, Kolkata. On top of that what the branch executive does is if you deposit 50k, 40k is withdrawable, for rest 10k, that they would put in a Fixed deposit with a lien, so you cannot withdraw.

I noticed this promptly as I was always bamboozled by these petty salesmen, and had to chase up the person who opened the account quite a few times to remove the lien, after that never had the faith in ICICI Bank to expand the account beyond normal MAB.

True, ICICI is in fact borderline scam in terms of banking, loans, insurance etc. This 50k thing happened with me too. Behala -> Shakuntala Park Branch, Kolkata. On top of that what the branch executive does is if you deposit 50k, 40k is withdrawable, for rest 10k, that they would put in a Fixed deposit with a lien, so you cannot withdraw.

I noticed this promptly as I was always bamboozled by these petty salesmen, and had to chase up the person who opened the account quite a few times to remove the lien, after that never had the faith in ICICI Bank to expand the account beyond normal MAB.
Exactly!

I would not trust ICICI branch people at all. My experience with then has always been bad.

Can
Update.--- After complaint on twitter...... The branch manager... Personally called... And opened.... The regular savings account.. 2000 Mab.... 150 rs debit card charges.....

I got to know from the peon.. The manager got scolded very badly by the higher ups........

So yes... Social media escalation works....
Can you share the tweet so i can also do the same with my bank😂😂

Can

Can you share the tweet so i can also do the same with my bank😂😂
Today I visited ICICI BANK ( branch name) to open a Regular savings account... I had all the required kyc documents but still I was denied account opening

The above said branch is a rural branch... And according to t&c mentioned on your website.... The MAB... Required for the account is 2000. I was denied by the executive that such account even exist.... And minimum funding to open account is 50000rs..plus MAB that needs to be maintained is 10000.

It was quite a bad experience and wastage of my time.

I went ahead and opened my account in Axis bank nearby and had a very smooth account opening.

This was my tweet

Back