• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payment Dilemma: Maximizing Rewards and Avoiding Charges

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
So, I need to pay around 25k, but Amex isn't supported on their Razorpay Dashboard. I can use Infinia and get it done, but I wanted to use Amex MRCC because half is done; it will help me reach 50k and be done with the offer. How can I pay using Amex without any charges? I'm aware of MobiKwik, but 2.95% on 25k is not viable. Citi Rewards for 750/-(CB on 5k Spend on Non-Usgae Offer) on 5k will do, but then 1% cashback on 250/- only, so 1000. But then I can use all my other credit cards for some other payment. Unfortunately, for Amex, I always have to find a way to pay. I already have 66k MR Points, so I want to add as many MR points each month as possible, and a 2k bonus is pending because I completed Gold 6k first due to the 5x multiplier on the Amex Reward Portal. How does JioMoney work? Because I watched a video and the credit card option wasn't there after signing up in his video.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-23 161648.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-23 161648.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 48

D₹V

TF Prestige
So, I need to pay around 25k, but Amex isn't supported on their Razorpay Dashboard. I can use Infinia and get it done, but I wanted to use Amex MRCC because half is done; it will help me reach 50k and be done with the offer. How can I pay using Amex without any charges? I'm aware of MobiKwik, but 2.95% on 25k is not viable. Citi Rewards for 750/-(CB on 5k Spend on Non-Usgae Offer) on 5k will do, but then 1% cashback on 250/- only, so 1000. But then I can use all my other credit cards for some other payment. Unfortunately, for Amex, I always have to find a way to pay. I already have 66k MR Points, so I want to add as many MR points each month as possible, and a 2k bonus is pending because I completed Gold 6k first due to the 5x multiplier on the Amex Reward Portal. How does JioMoney work? Because I watched a video and the credit card option wasn't there after signing up in his video.
Can amount be split?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
You Should buy Pineperks GV as and when available on Amazon using Amex in Advance for Future Payments.

Pineperks GV will solve the Acceptance Issue of Amex

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
hmm i may be heard of pinperks GV is it Prepaid card bro?
Yes Rupay Prepaid Card
not sure how would that solve amex cc? mus be prepaid cause it will work on razorpay then?
Amazon Accepts Amex for Purchase of Physical Pineperks Rupay Gift Card.
So you can use this Rupay Prepaid Card instead of Amex online/offline where Amex is not Accepted directly.

Read the Thread of @Abhishek012

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
similar story like yours; hence I planned to close Amex MRCC.
I had to pay 47k and was planning to use Amex and got a surprise Amex is not accepted even on online payments; offline I knew some merchants might not accept Amex but online I never thought.

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
Yes Rupay Prepaid Card

Amazon Accepts Amex for Purchase of Physical Pineperks Rupay Gift Card.
So you can use this Rupay Prepaid Card instead of Amex online/offline where Amex is not Accepted directly.

Read the Thread of @Abhishek012
this was helpful for people who desire to use Amex only.

For me,
I've left maximizing and optimizing spends to 100%, optimizing to 70-80% benefits of the card if I can do, I'm happy as I can do better things in life and make my mind to relax instead of always doing mental calculations.

Last edited:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
similar story like yours; hence I planned to close Amex MRCC.
I had to pay 47k and was planning to use Amex and got a surprise Amex is not accepted even on online payments; offline I knew some merchants might not accept Amex but online I never thought.
do negotiate and cause on twitter somene posted ss with some 300 something fees around 90% reduction or they might offer you FYF. just in back of mind do try to retain the card by paying as little as possible.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
simply ask him to accept via amex
razaorpay has amex integration

I did that, but the person on the other side isn't that technical. Then she said Amex isn't supported, and it's for business only, which isn't valid either. But I've been trying this for the last two days at least, so I can't just say, "Give me credentials; I'm a pro, and I will enable Amazon Pay too and Amex too :ROFLMAO:. I have pushed her to get PhonePe because I might have to pay her the same amount monthly. So I said, "Please get PhonePe so I can pay zero charges," because PhonePe hasn't stopped zero commission yet. I wanted to ask her to share the credentials with me so I can check, but I can't because of professional boundaries

Last edited: