• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payzapp concerns

My eterna visa is new received yesterday only. Can that be the reason. Customer care said they've blocked all bob cards for wallet loads. Is this block for first 90 days only? Isn't this illegal and can we complain to rbi ombudsman also? @sameerdes @VijayflyRaven
How big a transaction did you attempt using a new card?

They can probably block txns using flags / misuse / security concerns as an excuse.. but new cards are usually more closely monitored for their txns I guess.. better would be to start a bit slow with smaller size txns & then start ramping up the usage over the first few weeks.

I've faced this with Axis, Amex & most issuers within the first few weeks.

My eterna visa is new received yesterday only. Can that be the reason. Customer care said they've blocked all bob cards for wallet loads. Is this block for first 90 days only? Isn't this illegal and can we complain to rbi ombudsman also? @sameerdes @VijayflyRaven
We have to be in their system to understand how they work. Being a PSU bank, we can expect these things. There will be a way out. Just spend more time with BOB and we will know what works and what does not.

BOB is useful for wallet loads only and if that is taken away due to a block (we can probably wait for a month and see), we may have to leave it out. Fortunately it is LTF for me.

A side note: The PayZapp wallet load is the biggest misuse for banks that offer rewards for wallet loads. So we have to keep the transaction value to bare minimum.

We have to be in their system to understand how they work. Being a PSU bank, we can expect these things. There will be a way out. Just spend more time with BOB and we will know what works and what does not.

BOB is useful for wallet loads only and if that is taken away due to a block (we can probably wait for a month and see), we may have to leave it out. Fortunately it is LTF for me.

A side note: The PayZapp wallet load is the biggest misuse for banks that offer rewards for wallet loads. So we have to keep the transaction value to bare minimum.
You got BoB eterna LTF?? How?

In my opinion, it is good that banks/issuers like BOB, SC etc are identifying & restricting selective individuals rather than devaluation / blocking wallets loads for all. This way genuine users will not be impacted.

PS: I am assuming those blocked have been flagged by card issuer due to past spend patterns.

In my opinion, it is good that banks/issuers like BOB, SC etc are identifying & restricting selective individuals rather than devaluation / blocking wallets loads for all. This way genuine users will not be impacted.

PS: I am assuming those blocked have been flagged by card issuer due to past spend patterns.
I think it's more related to new vs old cards, at least in case of bob.

So I registered for new Payzapp on Iphone and managed to open Min KYC using PAN number. Wallet load limit for min kyc is 10k per month.
After a week I opened an account in HDFC. Now I’m not able to upgrade to full KYC in Payzapp.
Raised a ticket and got this reply.
2BB892AB-990F-46D7-B6F7-504EDE72A908.jpeg

SCB card blocked by payzapp few days back, today retrying to load wallet, amount debited but transaction failed 😔 They could have blocked instead of doing this..

Back