• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PAYZAPP - Surprisingly Slick

If your oldest credit card is more than 5 years old and second oldest credit card even if has an age of 1 year, closing the oldest credit card doesn't have any impact on CIBIL. Even after closing the oldest credit card, its payment record and card age will remain in CIBIL. I have already done this and have not seen even a single drop in CIBIL score.
In GPay there is a score simulator to check change in cibil from account close.

Always look for the silver lining: like how you could still be better off than many others like myself, -- holding a plain vanilla MB CC for 9 years (
Feels like how in US blacks and Jews argue : who is more oppressed. we also have same issue here. 😂

If your oldest credit card is more than 5 years old and second oldest credit card even if has an age of 1 year, closing the oldest credit card doesn't have any impact on CIBIL. Even after closing the oldest credit card, its payment record and card age will remain in CIBIL. I have already done this and have not seen even a single drop in CIBIL score.

That's good to know. But I do have another issue in closing my 9year-old Moneyback card: as I have mentioned above, it has a large CL. I don't want to lose that for obvious reasons (like how it could come in handy in an emergency).

That's good to know. But I do have another issue in closing my 9year-old Moneyback card: as I have mentioned above, it has a large CL. I don't want to lose that for obvious reasons (like how it could come in handy in an emergency).
If you want to retain the credit limit then you have no other option but to accept the current credit card which you hold from HDFC even if the bank is not eager to provide you with a credit card upgrade.

If you want to retain the credit limit then you have no other option but to accept the current credit card which you hold from HDFC even if the bank is not eager to provide you with a credit card upgrade.

That's exactly what I'm doing.

... And HDFC has no other option than to accept the situation that my card would see only occasional use, whether or not it makes any business sense for them! :)

That's exactly what I'm doing.

... And HDFC has no other option than to accept the situation that my card would see only occasional use, whether or not it makes any business sense for them! :)
Have you tried sharing the statement of cc with highest usage ?
Saying if they give any rewarding cc like dcb/infinnia or even regalia gold, youll transfer some spend. Which will be beneficial for both party.

Sometimes I feel like hdfc has given way too much power to the Chennai office.

Saying if they give any rewarding cc like dcb/infinnia or even regalia gold, youll transfer some spend. Which will be beneficial for both party.

Can I share my IDFC Wealth CC statements of 3 months for the fight ?

No, not directly. But they do have all the information they need if they care to track their BillPay data! :)

No, not directly. But they do have all the information they need if they care to track their BillPay data! :)
I don't think hdfc systems are advance enough to notice that. 😅

Send mail to MD desk. Not cc. Your hdfc relationship, cc portfolio ( mention the premium cards), share statement of highest used/cl card, bank statement, 3m salary slip/itr. Mention why would you use mb when you already have much rewarding options.

Ask for dcb/infinnia. At least you'll get a regalia gold. Don't ask for regalia gold, they might upgrade to millennia or even mb+.😂

I don't think hdfc systems are advance enough to notice that. 😅

Send mail to MD desk. Not cc. Your hdfc relationship, cc portfolio ( mention the premium cards), share statement of highest used/cl card, bank statement, 3m salary slip/itr.
Ask for dcb/infinnia. At least you'll get a regalia gold. Don't ask for regalia gold, they might upgrade to millennia or even mb+.😂
What if they hound me for moving my salary account to theirs back ?
Keyword : INFINIAFIGHT

Can I share my IDFC Wealth CC statements of 3 months for the fight ?
Sure why not. They mention 6m spend on their card for upgrade. You need to convince them mb+ isn't rewarding enough to use. Why would you use that, when you have much better option.

But isn't your mb+ spend already high?

Back