• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PAYZAPP - Surprisingly Slick

Sure why not. They mention 6m spend on their card for upgrade. You need to convince them mb+ isn't rewarding enough to use. Why would you use that, when you have much better option.

But isn't your mb+ spend already high?
LOL who will use MB+ ? Only CL is high.

What if they hound me for moving my salary account to theirs back ?
Keyword : INFINIAFIGHT
Say OK. But only if they give infinnia. Say you can't trust hdfc anymore.
They didn't value your business, that's why you moved. To gain your business again. They need to take 1st step. Not you.

Say OK. But only if they give infinnia. Say you can't trust hdfc anymore.
They didn't value your business, that's why you moved. To gain your business again. They need to take 1st step. Not you.
yeah understood. Already sent my docs to Chennai , yet to receive response.

yeah understood. Already sent my docs to Chennai , yet to receive response.
Chennai office is useless. They'll only give depending on your last 6m spend. They are bureaucrats. Not private bank employees.

Contact MD desk. At least they have better sense of business.

Don't want to close my MB card since that is my oldest active card (9 years) with a perfect payment record.

If I can't make HDFC see reason, I don't gain, but neither can I see what they gain out of a virtually unused card! If they are happy with the situation for some mysterious reason, then so be it! -- I have other, much better cards from other banks to use.
Yahi reason se dunia me pareshan hain log. 4-6 mahine me CIBIL sab sahi ho jata hai agar kuchh drop hua to

That's exactly what I'm doing.

... And HDFC has no other option than to accept the situation that my card would see only occasional use, whether or not it makes any business sense for them! :)
Get HDFC Tata neu card, after that raise a request to close Mb+ . Try to negotiate for upgrade if you get any retention call. Otherwise just close the card and apply after 6 months or apply via branch. It's March so who knows you may get lucky.

Get HDFC Tata neu card, after that raise a request to close Mb+ . Try to negotiate for upgrade if you get any retention call. Otherwise just close the card and apply after 6 months or apply via branch. It's March so who knows you may get lucky.
I recently contacted HDFC regarding the closure of my father’s card. They promptly closed the card within 5 days of my email, without any retention call or retention mail.”

HDFC gives importance to Axis, SCB, HSBC and SBI credit card statements for manual LE request. Few more banks are there but I do not remember them.
True. Among Indian bank hdfc gives more importance to Axis and sbi cl as they don't give ridiculous le like icici.
Most foreign bank like scb,hsbc and dbs are like that also. As their target customers are rich, salaried and from tier 1 city. These banks dont put too much stress on their cc business.

Keeping only cobranded card is a bigger ditch than mb+. Better to close all CCs and apply fresh after 3-6m.

Back