• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Points not refunded for a free cancellation booking

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I booked and cancelled a hotel stay where it was free upto 7 days before arrival. I cancelled it 3 weeks in advance but my points have disappeared 😨

Wrote to both accor and the hotel. Waiting to see what happens

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It was mentioned as a flexible booking with restricted cancellation. (Refundable if cancelled upto 7 days before arrival)

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Yep I guess so

Read all of my posts here.

First one is here.

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yep I read similar things on flyer talk. This is a special rate where accor plus members are given semi flexible rates while the hotel sees the booking in their system as non refundable. Any suggestions on what to do? As it is nye and it happened a few hours ago I am guessing I will have to wait till tomorrow morning to hear from accor plus India team. Maybe I will try calling the hotel right now. I don't mind going ahead with a reinstated booking either.

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What unnecessary hassle though. And it is 38,000 points for me. Gave me a mighty scare and until the points are back or the stay is reinstated I am having quite the nye

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
What unnecessary hassle though. And it is 38,000 points for me. Gave me a mighty scare and until the points are back or the stay is reinstated I am having quite the nye
Mine was much less and I was still worried 😟. I don't understand why they don't fix it

Mail everyone you can - hotel, accor plus India and All accor customer care. And keep repeating what you received in mail and app regarding cancellation policy.

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Spoke to the hotel just now. They pleaded ignorance and were unhelpful. WhatsApped accor India team. No reply. Holiday for them today. Until tomorrow no clarity on this for me I guess