• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Possibilty to get SCB Ultimate using C2C without prior relationship?

advikm

TF Buzz
Is there a possibility of getting a card-to-card SCB Ultimate. Holding no relationship with SCB whatsoever. Have SBI with 6L limit.

advikm

TF Buzz
They give you reward points back which I believe you can use against statement credits to essentially make it free. If youre eligible, go right ahead and get the card. Its a really good card after the infinia league cards.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They give you reward points back which I believe you can use against statement credits to essentially make it free. If youre eligible, go right ahead and get the card. Its a really good card after the infinia league cards.
Agreed but they are very selective in who gets their card. You can only get a sc card if your employer is on their approved list.

I tried applying online for the very basic smart card to begin with , and after doing one hard cibil enquiry, the form got stuck at “processing”.

Now the call center will call me only to inform that they cannot issue me a card since my employer is not on their approved list (I know this because I recently had enquired about their ultimate card but I was still trying my luck).

Does anyone know of a way around to get a standard chartered card ?

advikm

TF Buzz
Agreed but they are very selective in who gets their card. You can only get a sc card if your employer is on their approved list.

I tried applying online for the very basic smart card to begin with , and after doing one hard cibil enquiry, the form got stuck at “processing”.

Now the call center will call me only to inform that they cannot issue me a card since my employer is not on their approved list (I know this because I recently had enquired about their ultimate card but I was still trying my luck).

Yeah, I just got mine approved this morning. Fact is I'm a student with no income docs. However, I hold a private banking account with Standard Chartered. My RM is solid and probably he's the reason why I've got this card.

bengaltiger

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yeah, I just got mine approved this morning. Fact is I'm a student with no income docs. However, I hold a private banking account with Standard Chartered. My RM is solid and probably he's the reason why I've got this card.
Hello,

I am interested to have the card.

could you please share SC RM contact info or email.

Regards,
BT

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

Yeah i tried twice one stuck on processing and then in second attempt it says rejected, so yeah for their criteria for giving cc is through approved employer only, no hard enquiry or anything for me though. no c2c option was visible only itr cause they are giving oneplus nord for free on 2.5 k spend

Last edited:

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yeah i tried twice one stuck on processing and then in second attempt it says rejected, so yeah for their criteria for giving cc is through approved employer only, no hard enquiry or anything for me though. no c2c option was visible no itr cause they are giving oneplus nord for free on 2.5 k spend
Are you sure there wasn't a hard inquiry? I got an inquiry immediately when I clicked on proceed. I also saw the option for choosing either a bank statement OR Credit card statement as proof of income.

I fear if I try the process again, it may do another hard inquiry.

I emailed customer care but they are so dumb they replied they cannot find me in their customer database...obviously, I am a new customer, they won't find me.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Are you sure there wasn't a hard inquiry? I got an inquiry immediately when I clicked on proceed. I also saw the option for choosing either a bank statement OR Credit card statement as proof of income.

I emailed customer care but they are so dumb they replied they cannot find me in their customer database...obviously, I am a new customer, they won't find me.
yes cause whenever i have applied either bob or zomato rbl or even IDFC first bank cc i would get message from cibil cause i have subscribe to them . i hope I'm not wrong will check my cibil on 10th of august , and for me i didn't see any option of choosing bank statement of cc statement , it only asked for itr document but didn't asked to upload them cause it stuck on processing , i can't believe scb as such stupid system and they say it instant approval cause they ask for so much information compare to other cc which are either LTF or paid it much faster.

Last edited:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

how can you be sure a hard enquiry was done from scb? you receive SMS from cibil?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

Hi vaibhav,
Your Standard Chartered Credit Card application number is CC5DFD2Bxxxxxxxx
You may use this application number for future references.
You'll receive email notification about your application status once it's processed.

have no clue why this was even send from scb

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
yes cause whenever i have applied either bob or zomato rbl or even IDFC first bank cc i would get message from cibil cause i have subscribe to them . i hope I'm not wrong will check my cibil on 10th of august , and for me i didn't see any option of choosing bank statement of cc statement , it only asked for itr document but didn't asked to upload them cause it stuck on processing , i can't believe sc as such stupid system and they say it instant approval cause they ask for so much information compare to other cc which are either LTF or paid it much faster.
Exactly. I also fell for the "instant approval online" trap in spite of knowing that they offer only to a selective employer database.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
how can you be sure a hard enquiry was done from scb? you receive SMS from cibil?
Yes, I got an SMS as well as an email that a credit inquiry was made, and it came immediately after I clicked the Proceed button, and it got stuck on "processing".

Anyone who has been through the process - can someone confirm if I should try again and if it will not do another hard enquiry ? My cibil fell from 796 to 794 :-(

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi vaibhav,
Your Standard Chartered Credit Card application number is CC5DFD2Bxxxxxxxx
You may use this application number for future references.
You'll receive email notification about your application status once it's processed.

have no clue why this was even send from scb
This is strange. Your application never went past the "processing" stage, right? Then how do you know that the application was rejected?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Yes, I got an SMS as well as an email that a credit inquiry was made, and it came immediately after I clicked the Proceed button, and it got stuck on "processing".

Anyone who has been through the process - can someone confirm if I should try again and if it will not do another hard enquiry ? My cibil fell from 796 to 794 :-(
i can confirm no sms nor no email from cibil so.. that means scb didn't actually looked into my cibil and hence as per email they might reach me either to ask for document and reject me after a hard enquiry cause I'm pretty sure all info provided was accurate and never been rejected when cibil was access through bank , my ciibil is sitting at 792

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Exactly. I also fell for the "instant approval online" trap in spite of knowing that they offer only to a selective employer database.
what i did head over to youtube even some youtube got the card since it seem to be basic/ starter card from scb i knew it there would more chances of approval and first year free made it more appealing ,plus i wanted one scb card and as per blog on scb ultimate if i would have received limit of 4 lakhs on smart scb i could have applied for ultimate no cooling period whatsoever once i get the limit of 4 lakshs or after limit enhancement.