• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Prior to Amazon ICICI application help/suggestions needed

zenchill

TF Select
I had a savings bank account which I hardly used with a bank which was taken over by ICICI Bank. Over the years they increased the MAB to regular account and so I withdrew funds but didn’t close the account. The account is now dormant and may be they may have added some MAB non maintenance charges.
I have been thinking of applying ICICI Amazon CC. Now as per my understanding if you are already an ICICI customer it helps with approval (considering they are rejecting quite a lot recently)
Also some threads say go for regular ICICI CC first and then Amazon variant.
Please suggest what’s the better option.
Option 1: Apply for Amazon ICICI straight away
Option 2: make my dormant account active, pay non MAB charges etc and then apply
Or
Option 3: Reactivate dormant account, wait for a regular CC offering and once I get that which I don’t know when it may be then look at amazon pay ICICI.

Experts comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

Having a core card from ICICI helps during sale times. So I would suggest you to get pre-approved card from ICICI by maintaining the account properly with balance and get your amazon pay card instantly with shared limit. But this route will take atleast 6 months minimum and may take an year or more.

Fastest way is to just apply right away and try your luck.

Apply for Amazon and if its approved then request for platinum via twitter route. ( Search this forum )
Bhai can you suggest after how much time post Amazon card should one go the Twitter way. Is within 1-2 months ok it not recommended? Also going the Twitter way does that result in another hard enquiry?

I had a savings bank account which I hardly used with a bank which was taken over by ICICI Bank. Over the years they increased the MAB to regular account and so I withdrew funds but didn’t close the account. The account is now dormant and may be they may have added some MAB non maintenance charges.
I have been thinking of applying ICICI Amazon CC. Now as per my understanding if you are already an ICICI customer it helps with approval (considering they are rejecting quite a lot recently)
Option 2: make my dormant account active, pay non MAB charges etc and then apply
Or
Option 3: Reactivate dormant account, wait for a regular CC offering and once I get that which I don’t know when it may be then look at amazon pay ICICI.

Option 1- Apply Amazonpay cc
Are you getting any banner like get card in 60 seconds or 30 minutes?

Or

Go ahead with Option 4:

Apply for an ICICI Bank core card, there are very good chance you will get it approved very quick. Once you receive the card, immediately you can apply for Amazon Card and get it approved.

My friend had an ICICI account dormant from 2013. He followed this method and got both cards within 2 months.

Go ahead with Option 4:

Apply for an ICICI Bank core card, there are very good chance you will get it approved very quick. Once you receive the card, immediately you can apply for Amazon Card and get it approved.

My friend had an ICICI account dormant from 2013. He followed this method and got both cards within 2 months.
Thanks for the info. Core card you mean Coral?

Yes, Platinum Chip Card or any Gemstone cards including Coral. If you had some prior relationship with ICICI you might already have a pre-approved offer for HPCL Coral, be it a dormant account.

Just tried logging into my dormant account. It says reactivate with userid and phone but after entering The user id seems to be deactivated and says contact branch for rekyc.

Now if I apply Amazon pay card will I get another userid ? The phone number is still the same linked to my first user id.

Userid ke lafde mein reject na ho jaye. Pls suggest Bhai log

Just tried logging into my dormant account. It says reactivate with userid and phone but after entering The user id seems to be deactivated and says contact branch for rekyc.

Now if I apply Amazon pay card will I get another userid ? The phone number is still the same linked to my first user id.

Account reactive karlo customer care ya branch ko contact karke
Amazonpay apply karonge to kyc issue aa skta hai

If you made the acc bal 0 and you've been charged for non maintenance, contact bm to waive off the charges. As per rbi they cannot charge for nmc if acc bal is 0.

So post rekyc do I write to cc and request to undo any old MAB charges. Will this work? I don't know charges purane kitne dale hein ya nahin Dale. Account was with 0 balance so they may deduct old mab charges now if I add funds?

I'm getting mails from icici to go to any branch and not necessarily home branch to do rekyc and get account back running.

So post rekyc do I write to cc and request to undo any old MAB charges. Will this work? I don't know charges purane kitne dale hein ya nahin Dale. Account was with 0 balance so they may deduct old mab charges now if I add funds?

I'm getting mails from icici to go to any branch and not necessarily home branch to do rekyc and get account back running.
BM se baat karlo nmc charges waive off karne liye agar nahi mana to sidha RBI bamboo fir wo khud call karke waive off karenga and account active kar ke denga

BM se baat karlo nmc charges waive off karne liye agar nahi mana to sidha RBI bamboo fir wo khud call karke waive off karenga and account active kar ke denga
Bro home branch is far. I was thinking going to nearest ICICI branch and get rekyc done. Can charges be waived at cc email level post rekyc? Any idea?

Having a core card from ICICI helps during sale times. So I would suggest you to get pre-approved card from ICICI by maintaining the account properly with balance and get your amazon pay card instantly with shared limit. But this route will take atleast 6 months minimum and may take an year or more.

Fastest way is to just apply right away and try your luck.
And get rejected & wait for 6 month 😁

Account reactive karlo customer care ya branch ko contact karke
Amazonpay apply karonge to kyc issue aa skta hai
Bhai had gone to ICICI bank for rekyc. The banker says MAB are charges before account went dormant are unlikely to be waived off and once you do rekyc and add funds they will deduct. It wont show a -ve balance but charges will be deducted when you add funds. He suggested to close this one account and open a fresh account if you want.

Since my objective currently is Amazon ICICI card application and i think my phone number may be linked to the current customer id (of this dormant account).

So should i close the account to get customer id and phone number off the record before applying for ICICI amazon card?

Or can i just apply for amazon ICICI card nonetheless and they will generate another customer id for the card account if approved?

Thoda expert guidance needed. Thanks to all bhai log in advance.

Back